Jump to content
  • Sign Up

An Idea for DrD


Jack Redline.5379

Recommended Posts

Guys I was thinking. Since we want to be brawlers (Anet does rly) Why not making us brawlers by giving us Daredevil version of Rampage?If you think it is crazy hear me outLETS SAYThat DD looses ability to Steal (As if we already havent)LETS SAY We loose ability to Steal but instead we can charge up something like Malice is. LETS SAY we can charge it by succesfully DODGING attacks. Since we are built around dodges lets get reward for dodging.LETS SAY this charge has 6 Stacks = all our dodges + 3 attacks that evade that should be like approximatelly cost of 12 ini (i am using d/d as example count it for ur build if you want)And when we charge those 6 stacks we get an F1 skill that works liek Rampage. If you activate it you get a set of only 5 attacks 0 evades no utility only these 5 attacksLets they are going to be fits attacks and kicks like idea of a ninja would suggestYou will gain 20 initiative that refils 1 point per secondAfter you end the "rampage" your ini wont refil again but will remain at the point you left it at the end of rampage so if you waste it all you start off with 0 ini

I have examples

AA = - 1st Fist = works like a normal hit lets say basic dmg 700 (lets be generous numbers could be adjusted further by Anet)

  • 2nd Knee breaker = Kick that works like Flanking strike = You evade enemies attack while you kick them and apply Cripple for 3 seconds
  • 3rd Impact Strike sequence => Literaly cast Impat strike on the opponent all 3 attacks (but with less dmg applied basic dmg on IS is 199 so lets say 50% of it)2 attack = Sweet dreams = Leap to the opponent and kick them causing 0,5 sec stun (cost 3 ini)3 attack = POOF! An attack similiar to Unrelenting Assault Revenant has on main hand sword but you will become Stealthed after you finish the chain (cost 6 ini)4 attack = SWIPE = Yea this is how I would use Swipe. Literally here I would use swipe = You shadowstep 600 to your opponent BUT I would also apply kick at the end that Knocks down opponent for 2 seconds and so we dont abuse it you get reveal for 3 sec (cost 4 ini)5 This attack is going to be a boon and ini refill since we have no utilities up it will cost 2 ini and will grant you = 10 seconds of swiftness 5 stacks of might and 5 seconds of swiftness each next attack you deal will refil 1 initiative.

this is my idea of itI know what you want to say if you got this far. It doesnt synergize and stuff. I havent figure it out yet so maybe if you have some idea i would like to hear it.Maybe throw a rock at them which will be unblockable and deal the stuff we would get from traits like daze and poison and stealth to us or something. I dont rly know yet but this idea is what i had so i posted it here.DONT SALT PLS IT IS IDEA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jack Redline.5379 said:5 This attack is going to be a boon and ini refill since we have no utilities up it will cost 2 ini and will grant you = 10 seconds of swiftness 5 stacks of might and 5 seconds of swiftness each next attack you deal will refil 1 initiative.

Somethings fishy about the highlighted sentence.

Also such F1 skill would need huge both ICD and CD or have its duration very low.I like the general idea of it and already saw one very much alike in some other thread, I'd definitely like that although something about it (which I have no idea how) should be designed to make it more different from Rampage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Jack Redline.5379 said:5 This attack is going to be a boon and ini refill since we have no utilities up it will cost 2 ini and will grant you =
10 seconds of swiftness 5 stacks of might and 5 seconds of swiftness
each next attack you deal will refil 1 initiative.

Somethings fishy about the highlighted sentence.

Also such F1 skill would need huge both ICD and CD or have its duration very low.I like the general idea of it and already saw one very much alike in some other thread, I'd definitely like that although something about it
(which I have no idea how)
should be designed to make it more different from Rampage.

Gonna quote instead of edit.

One of the ways this could work would be to make it F1 skill as you suggest but make it accessible any time (3-10sec CD) and have it use your endurance as duration, for example 1 second = 10 energy points ( more or less) while some of its skills would also grant evade (read: can be only one skill too) with majority focused on dealing dmg and cc'ing in a way that fits DD theme. However a legit point would be that this would most likely again become a direct upgrade from core. (not for stealth/dp builds though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Alatar.7364 said:

One of the ways this could work would be to make it F1 skill as you suggest but make it accessible any time (3-10sec CD) and have it use your endurance as duration, for example 1 second = 10 energy points ( more or less) while some of its skills would also grant evade (read: can be only one skill too) with majority focused on dealing dmg and cc'ing in a way that fits DD theme. However a legit point would be that this would most likely again become a direct upgrade from core. (not for stealth/dp builds though)

the thing is i want to keep it ini based since ini is rly the best thing about Thief so if we will waste the ini with combats and also energy for dodges the ''rampage'' ends and we are w/o ini and w/o dodges. this thing tho should be just a phase in combat where you go like Ultimate instinct for a few seconds. Yea the duration needs to be messured somehow that is true i havent mentioned that one. But i am sure we can simply put a timer on it like 5-10 seconds like Rampage has. The ini wouldnt get regenerated after you finish so you would have to RfI or reset if you run out of ini in the ''rampage'' this is done so ppl wont abuse it. Also even if we'd use dodge energy 10 per second is absolutely bad xD like a dodge takes 50 energy so as a DD you have 150 energy with that consumption it would 1st last at least 15 seconds and second you cant exit rampage so you wouldnt be able to exit this as well so if you run out of ini in ''rampage'' and it ends you have 0 dodges and 0 ini which is RLY not good as we all know xDAlso it would require some trait changes for DrD and for other traits affecting the StealI gave it a thought and came up with this.Steal works like this = You port and apply effects on you and or enemySO This ''rampage'' would work like this You start ''rampage'' and your First attack will be unblockable like Swipe is and will apply effects to you and or enemy.1st this would force us to use this ''Rampage'' only if we are in range of enemy so we both keep notion of brawler and we can apply traitable stuff2nd we wont simply smap it out of combat and then jump in hands blazing ( :D )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Jack Redline.5379" said:The ini wouldnt get regenerated after you finish so you would have to RfI or reset if you run out of ini in the ''rampage'' this is done so ppl wont abuse it. Also even if we'd use dodge energy 10 per second is absolutely bad xD like a dodge takes 50 energy so as a DD you have 150 energy with that consumption it would 1st last at least 15 seconds

I know, that would at least be somewhat the form of a trade-off, also the consumption per s/ would be tweaked depending on how powerful the F1 skills would be. If they were as dmg and cc dealing as the ones of Rampage then the 10/sec would sound just about right.

Also what do you mean that "ini wouldnt get regenerated after you finish" ? Not sure if I missed it in the original post but I think I didn't =D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If daredevil is supposed to be a "Brawler" or "duelist" or "bruiser" or whatever you want to call it, it needs tools to actually stay engaged. Weaver has these via barriers and evades on numerous utilities and sword skills, guardian has aegis, blocks, virtues, reaper has incredibly high self sustain via the new trait that heals you for damage you do while in reaper shroud and another "hp pool", etc.

Thiefs "class skill" aka f1/steal should be replaced on darevil to be something that allows you to stay in the thick of things, and staff needs some type of sustain/block/parries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Thiefs "class skill" aka f1/steal should be replaced on darevil to be something that allows you to stay in the thick of things, and staff needs some type of sustain/block/parries.

I wish Anet took a look at this and was like "Wait a minute, that makes more sense than anything we ever did to DD" and did something about it. I grew tired of "you got 1 more dodge than others and half a dodge on steal" sadly it is just nowhere near block/ invul/ heal/ passive spam especially if you take a look at Rangers GS that has Evade built in its AA, like what?Even if the additional dodging is used very precisely it is just not enough vs equally skilled players on other professions, please read as "not bad at all, but just not enough compared to almost everyone's else stuff"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Alatar.7364" said:

"And when we charge those 6 stacks we get an F1 skill that works liek Rampage. If you activate it you get a set of only 5 attacks 0 evades no utility only these 5 attacksLets they are going to be fits attacks and kicks like idea of a ninja would suggestYou will gain 20 initiative that refils 1 point per second"

Yea i havent said it there sry i meant ofc that if you waste ur ini you will not magically get it back after your rampage is over :D i will fix it therealsoIt will rly not be as dmging as Rampage on war lets say since Thief cant deal that amount of dmg per hit and also the evade that is in most attacks will be compensated by lesser dmg output

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...