Signet of restoration bug

Sindrener.1592

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Hana.8143 said:No signet no game.

Sadface :<

I just woke up and what ? No fix ?The thing I don't understand is : Why they disabled this skill instead of the keys for calling mount ?Me don't get it.

Because they would rather disable a single skill instead of crippling a massive feature of an entire expansion, I imagine.

Actually they would be keeping a single most used healing skill working, but reduce a convenience key bind - I believe (at least from my tests) that the bug only worked with the mount/dismount key binds for specific mounts (the ones you have to bind a key to in the options), but the bug did not happen with the mount button X which triggers the one in the bottom right chosen mount.

So yeah, the choice was small convenience vs. keeping the most used ele healing skill working.

The convenience won.

Yeah, it was just the quick mount calling that worked with signet of restoration, you can still use X to call whatever mount you want, but instead of that they decided to prevent most of the Eles to play with any build includind that heal, it's sad. I was enjoying my build yesterday and now I'm just dying with the stance or whatever else xD Please give us back this amazing skill !

@Azel.4786 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Hana.8143 said:No signet no game.

Sadface :<

I just woke up and what ? No fix ?The thing I don't understand is : Why they disabled this skill instead of the keys for calling mount ?Me don't get it.

Because they would rather disable a single skill instead of crippling a massive feature of an entire expansion, I imagine.

Actually they would be keeping a single most used healing skill working, but reduce a convenience key bind - I believe (at least from my tests) that the bug only worked with the mount/dismount key binds for specific mounts (the ones you have to bind a key to in the options), but the bug did not happen with the mount button X which triggers the one in the bottom right chosen mount.

So yeah, the choice was small convenience vs. keeping the most used ele healing skill working.

The convenience won.

it's more than small convenience, having to go and click for each mount is monotone and it was the first thing i looked for after unlocking all mounts, ctrl1-5 per mount so you can quick swap when necessary.

@ Ben Phongluangtham.1065At what point where you going to inform the ele forms on this? Its been nearly a full day and ppl are trying to use it in wvw and pve with not real update that somthing is not working so ppl have to look for the hidden post here on these forms or here it from non Anet devs. or simply not know that it was missing from the start. Not even any notes about this in update post.

Real talk why do you guys even have an ele form? Why even have the ele class? I am just at a complete lost. Why dose anet hate ele this much?

@Jski.6180 said:@ Ben Phongluangtham.1065At what point where you going to inform the ele forms on this? Its been nearly a full day and ppl are trying to use it in wvw and pve with not real update that somthing is not working so ppl have to look for the hidden post here on these forms or here it from non Anet devs. or simply not know that it was missing from the start. Not even any notes about this in update post.

Real talk why do you guys even have an ele form? Why even have the ele class? I am just at a complete lost. Why dose anet hate ele this much?

I mean "why do you even have the ele class and do you hate it" is a dumb question imo.

What's also dumb is discussing an Elementalist related issue on a PvP related forum. You're keeping the bigger part of the Ele playerbase in the dark, for like a week now? I'm trying my hardest but I can't seem to grasp the logic here, if it even exists.

So the entire Ele playerbase has had a week without their arguably best healing ability. The ONLY way for me to find out if you had managed to fix this thing yet is by once in a while checking in game if I can press my 6 button after selecting Signet of Restoration, and if it gives me an error message.

Like woah, I don't mean to make a gigantic point of something small, but this is just really improperly and unprofessionally handled by Anet. My character feels weak as hell and I have no idea for how long it is. I couldn't even have known that it was even being DISCUSSED because you chose to do it on the PvP forum. Don't you think a class-core gameplay mechanic should be discussed on said CLASSES FORUM? Or even though I don't use Twitter and never will, MAYBE you could've reached more people that way?

Again, it might seem like I'm overreacting, but it's not me. I barely play even, so the wait isn't bad (even though not knowing if it's for days/weeks/months). My issue is that from Anets side this is just flat out bad and dumb.

Anet: imagine ANY casual Elementalist player, like me, suddenly you can't use the one healing ability that kept the survivability of your spec and build together like sticky glue. Suddenly, you can't use the ability anymore. It's now been a week, and you have no idea how long it's going to take, and your Elementalist seems to die 5 times as often without it.

ALL this of course you couldn't have known beforehand, but the LEAST you could've done is put it on a forum or somewhere where the bigger part of the playerbase gets the information as well.

Like, the reason it's talked about on PvP forums is that... It started out as an exploit that people in PvP got screwed over by? This comes across as a company that just started and is reaching in the dark with every tiniest move they make.

I really like GW and some of the decisions Anet make, but some other decisions I can't help but scratch my head in disbelief.

And my god, just noticed even the opposite of the word 'smart' gets censored. I wonder why.

Edit: I just got a warning for this post. What? I know my tone of voice was harsh at times, but for 99% of the time I'm extremely positive and advertising the game to friends, and the one time I voice my opinion on something they did badly and call it unprofessional I'm being warned for being rude?

You just proved me right without even replying to my comment.

Also: there's people in this thread grateful for the transparency and communication on this issue... What? Because you got to know, because you play PvP? Haha.

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:Also: there's people in this thread grateful for the transparency and communication on this issue... What? Because you got to know, because you play PvP? Haha.

I am grateful for the input that Ben is having and actually trying to get attention for this to be fixed. And let's be honest here, Ben is in the PvP team so he should be posting on the PvP forum (which he is a lot lately and I am grateful for that).

Should a message be posted on the ele forum about it being disabled and updates out there? Yes it damn well should and this is a very valid argument.

In fact, a lot of people use the signet for the passive (without ever hitting it for the heal). This has no in game warning message at all! So if you don't read the PvP forum or pay close attention to why you are dying, you would never know it is because you don't have a heal up. This is incredibly wrong and misleading.

Now am I pissed that ele's best and practically only useful heal (unless heal bot Tempest is what you are using to die is) is shut down so that anyone can conviniently switch mounts a few seconds faster? Damn right I am. But that is not Ben's choice I wager. So no need to be a prick to the guy that is putting out updates in the forum he should be in.

I would, however think it is perfectly valid to be mad that the people who are responsible for this communication in the other forums are not doing this for no clear reason.

@Azel.4786 said:

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:Also: there's people in this thread grateful for the transparency and communication on this issue... What? Because you got to know, because you play PvP? Haha.

I am grateful for the input that Ben is having and actually trying to get attention for this to be fixed. And let's be honest here, Ben is in the PvP team so he should be posting on the PvP forum (which he is a lot lately and I am grateful for that).

Should a message be posted on the ele forum about it being disabled and updates out there? Yes it kitten well should and this is a very valid argument.

In fact, a lot of people use the signet for the passive (without ever hitting it for the heal). This has no in game warning message at all! So if you don't read the PvP forum or pay close attention to why you are dying, you would never know it is because you don't have a heal up. This is incredibly wrong and misleading.

Now am I pissed that ele's best and practically only useful heal (unless heal bot Tempest is what you are using to die is) is shut down so that anyone can conviniently switch mounts a few seconds faster? kitten right I am. But that is not Ben's choice I wager. So no need to be a prick to the guy that is putting out updates in the forum he should be in.

I would, however think it is perfectly valid to be mad that the people who are responsible for this communication in the other forums are not doing this for no clear reason.

That was the point. It was never intended to be directed at Ben. Hell, what would be the point of that. He's the only one who has actually opened his mouth on Anets side considering this issue.

I never said he was bad at his job, or Anet should give up on GW2.I said it lacked professionalism that I had to find out after a week, from completely randomly running into a person posting a link in the Ele forums, on a SoR related post, clicking it, and being directed here.

Then, to top it off, within 3 seconds I've been issued a warning for being rude. I'm sorry but, that's just flat out wrong. But hey, that's what happens if you give randoms on an internet forum 'power', and no strict rulesets or guidelines.

^before telling me I'm wrong, remind me where I was yelling and screaming at Ben. I merely stated lack of professionalism to something so incredibly simple. I have 0 work experience on this matter and they're a company that has been in existence for Idk how long, and they're failing such standard stuff? Now if that's being rude, I'm done.

(Again, annoyance not directed at anyone in particular, before people get afraid I'll be sending death threats next or something)

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:

@Jski.6180 said:@ Ben Phongluangtham.1065At what point where you going to inform the ele forms on this? Its been nearly a full day and ppl are trying to use it in wvw and pve with not real update that somthing is not working so ppl have to look for the hidden post here on these forms or here it from non Anet devs. or simply not know that it was missing from the start. Not even any notes about this in update post.

I mean "why do you even have the ele class and do you hate it" is a kitten question imo.

What's also kitten is discussing an Elementalist related issue on a PvP related forum. You're keeping the bigger part of the Ele playerbase in the dark, for like a week now? I'm trying my hardest but I can't seem to grasp the logic here, if it even exists.

So the entire Ele playerbase has had a week without their arguably best healing ability. The ONLY way for me to find out if you had managed to fix this thing yet is by once in a while checking in game if I can press my 6 button after selecting Signet of Restoration, and if it gives me an error message.

Like woah, I don't mean to make a gigantic point of something small, but this is just really improperly and unprofessionally handled by Anet. My character feels weak as hell and I have no idea for how long it is. I couldn't even have known that it was even being DISCUSSED because you chose to do it on the PvP forum. Don't you think a class-core gameplay mechanic should be discussed on said CLASSES FORUM? Or even though I don't use Twitter and never will, MAYBE you could've reached more people that way?

Again, it might seem like I'm overreacting, but it's not me. I barely play even, so the wait isn't bad (even though not knowing if it's for days/weeks/months). My issue is that from Anets side this is just flat out bad and kitten.

Anet: imagine ANY casual Elementalist player, like me, suddenly you can't use the one healing ability that kept the survivability of your spec and build together like sticky glue. Suddenly, you can't use the ability anymore. It's now been a week, and you have no idea how long it's going to take, and your Elementalist seems to die 5 times as often without it.

ALL this of course you couldn't have known beforehand, but the LEAST you could've done is put it on a forum or somewhere where the bigger part of the playerbase gets the information as well.

Like, the reason it's talked about on PvP forums is that... It started out as an exploit that people in PvP got screwed over by? This comes across as a company that just started and is reaching in the dark with every tiniest move they make.

I really like GW and some of the decisions Anet make, but some other decisions I can't help but scratch my head in disbelief.

And my god, just noticed even the opposite of the word 'smart' gets censored. I wonder why.

Edit: I just got a warning for this post. What? I know my tone of voice was harsh at times, but for 99% of the time I'm extremely positive and advertising the game to friends, and the one time I voice my opinion on something they did badly and call it unprofessional I'm being warned for being rude?

Also: there's people in this thread grateful for the transparency and communication on this issue... What? Because you got to know, because you play PvP? Haha.

Your character feels weak? I suggest watching Phantaram play and actually get good at the class. When people actually do good on the class and you're not , that's not a class issue , that's a you issue. Get better and practice.

Condi thief was toned down , making fresh air better by default - now there's scourge and spellbreaker which will be toned down , which again, makes fresh air even better. With celestial coming soon you will most likely see build diversity in all aspects of weaver.

But in reality, none of what I just wrote in the above sentence matters if you're not good with your class and have a firm understanding of fundamentals in general meaning understanding of boons like stability, conditions like weakness (your worst enemy as a power ele spec), things like trait understandings of your matchups, etc etc and your first instinctive reaction is to run to the forums and complain about it.

I understand the major point of your post regarding not informing the ele sub-forums which is a valid complaint , but the rest is just a l2p issue really.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:

I mean "why do you even have the ele class and do you hate it" is a kitten question imo.

What's also kitten is discussing an Elementalist related issue on a PvP related forum. You're keeping the bigger part of the Ele playerbase in the dark, for like a week now? I'm trying my hardest but I can't seem to grasp the logic here, if it even exists.

Again, it might seem like I'm overreacting, but it's not me. I barely play even, so the wait isn't bad (even though not knowing if it's for days/weeks/months). My issue is that from Anets side this is just flat out bad and kitten.

Your character feels weak? I suggest watching Phantaram play and actually get good at the class. When people actually do good on the class and you're not , that's not a class issue , that's a you issue. Get better and practice.

Condi thief was toned down , making fresh air better by default - now there's scourge and spellbreaker which will be toned down , which again, makes fresh air even better. With celestial coming soon you will most likely see build diversity in all aspects of weaver.

But in reality, none of what I just wrote in the above sentence matters if you're not good with your class and have a firm understanding of fundamentals in general meaning understanding of boons like stability, conditions like weakness (your worst enemy as a power ele spec), things like trait understandings of your matchups, etc etc and your first instinctive reaction is to run to the forums and complain about it.

I understand the major point of your post regarding not informing the ele sub-forums which is a valid complaint , but the rest is just a l2p issue really.

Can't help but laugh at your absolutely impeccable logic:

-skill gets disabled-no one hears a word, have to be lucky to find out on your own-I myself try every single other heal, none of which work closely as well as the other one for my particular build (rocket science, I know), each have their reasons for not functioning the way I want my heal to (like SoR did)-after a week find out there's a thread about it, on the PvP forums.-complain about lack of professionalism in this regard, and that SoR is crucial to my build and the game has been pretty ... Annoying to play solo, while the thing is disabled-get told it's an l2p issue.

Do you need me to spell things out for you? I know it's devilish to call people not-smart (it's even kit kitty kittening censored, lolo), but you're not leaving too many options.

Like, grading every heal each came out at a 6 tops, SoR was a 9 for my particular build. My build doesn't work as well, because it synergised perfectly with SoR and not at all with the other heals (more rocket science, ugh).

But yes, I'll just get better at the game to get used to not having to use SoR ever again, because that point doesn't go far and wide beyond the point being made in the first place.

This forum went from a decently fun and interesting place for weeks to one I can only shake my head at in a matter of a few hours. Impressive.

Sidenote: it wasn't even 'two points' I was making. It was one. It's one single issue that was badly handled. Not something that was partly done well and partly completely negated by Anet. No, no.

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:

-skill gets disabled-no one hears a word, have to be lucky to find out on your own-I myself try every single other heal, none of which work closely as well as the other one for my particular build (rocket science, I know), each have their reasons for not functioning the way I want my heal to (like SoR did)-after a week find out there's a thread about it, on the PvP forums.-complain about lack of professionalism in this regard, and that SoR is crucial to my build and the game has been pretty ... Annoying to play solo, while the thing is disabled-get told it's an l2p issue.

Do you need me to spell things out for you? I know it's devilish to call people not-smart (it's even kit kitty kittening censored, lolo), but you're not leaving too many options.

Like, grading every heal each came out at a 6 tops, SoR was a 9 for my particular build. My build doesn't work as well, because it synergised perfectly with SoR and not at all with the other heals (more rocket science, ugh).

But yes, I'll just get better at the game to get used to not having to use SoR ever again, because that point doesn't go far and wide beyond the point being made in the first place.

This forum went from a decently fun and interesting place for weeks to one I can only shake my head at in a matter of a few hours. Impressive.

Sidenote: it wasn't even 'two points' I was making. It was one. It's one single issue that was badly handled. Not something that was partly done well and partly completely negated by Anet. No, no.

Pfft using skills? Maybe if you git gud without any skills you’d see what a crutch they are, just like traits, weapons and amulets. Real pros play naked!

@apharma.3741 said:

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:

Pfft using skills? Maybe if you git gud without any skills you’d see what a crutch they are, just like traits, weapons and amulets. Real pros play naked!

I know! One day I'll hope to be good enough. I've slowly been losing bits and pieces throughout the 5 years of playing the game. I'm already okay with two trait lines and no elite skill, but removing my core healing ability all of a sudden without letting me know just felt a bit too forceful? Might just be me, I don't know.

But yeah, little do people know it's actually like a parabola that opens downwards shaped thing: you start (born) naked, you grind up all the way to the very top, which is legendary armor and such. Then, as your skill progresses further, you lose more and more gearpieces and tools because hey, who needs those? I move way more freely without those things. Hell, remove my QWE keybinds, there's no learning to play if you don't COMPLETELY go back to basics, right?

@ tnhalbertsma.7682
Why would something like cutting off signet of restoration not be in the ele forms or even notes over all? I mean ppl use signet of restoration out side of spvp and the skill it self has more to do with the ele class then spvp. So yes i think this is Anet officially saying they dislike the ele class and any type of communication to the ele players.

@tnhalbertsma.7682 said:I know! One day I'll hope to be good enough. I've slowly been losing bits and pieces throughout the 5 years of playing the game. I'm already okay with two trait lines and no elite skill, but removing my core healing ability all of a sudden without letting me know just felt a bit too forceful? Might just be me, I don't know.

Good thing is that playing ele you already start a step ahead in the race to running no skills and traits, because you have no good Elite skills!

@Jski.6180 said:@ tnhalbertsma.7682

Why would something like cutting off signet of restoration not be in the ele forms or even notes over all? I mean ppl use signet of restoration out side of spvp and the skill it self has more to do with the ele class then spvp. So yes i think this is Anet officially saying they dislike the ele class and any type of communication to the ele players.

Uhhhhh. Maybe you should reread my comments. I'm with you here, asking the logic (if any, l0l) behind posting this solely on the PvP forums.

Haven't played Ele for long enough to say something like 'they don't like our class' but in general I refrain from making such comments because 99/100 when made against a game developing company they're just childish, ungrounded remarks made due to dissatisfaction with decisions made.

I'd say it's a thousand times more likely that this is 'just' a bad case of lack of professionalism than ALL of the developers behind the game having some crazy hate against a specific class.

Archived