zerg aura support ele compared to heal scrapper

Dediggefedde.4961

@steki.1478 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:

So do you jump from group to group to support different ppl mid fight? That is about as non active targeting or "passive healing" as can be.

You do the same thing like on scrapper, you get close to them. Wash the pain away can fully heal almost anyone and it's relatively small aoe.

Scraper has cone effects and at self effects so yes scraper is a better support becuse this alone all though there are many more effects that makes scraper far better then tempest.Scrapers heal come from its med kit so realty its just eng that giving scraper most of its healing power. As an elite spec it is a pure passive healing class but it was a tankly spec not realty made for healing.

The ideal that cone healing is the equivalent of targeting healing / support there are ground target effects as well but they are often on massive cd signet of water (all the tempest use that lol). Eng med kit is one of the best tools for this type of support ele has something like that in staff water 1 but it can be blocked by any numbers of effect one being simply having the other team get in the way of the attk it self.

Engi mostly heals with med kit (melee), MDF (mid range) and med pack drop (long range). Ele mostly heals with WtPA, healing ripple (melee) and auras+soothing mist (mid/long range); rest depends on weapon. With engi you have better control over melee sustain because that's where majority of your heals are, with ele you dominate mid/long range with passive heals while your more active ones are melee. You dont rely on water autos because you dont even need them most of the time and if you do, you wouldnt be in the middle of the blob using staff to begin with, d/wh is just as viable option and has melee heal options, strong burst heal and better boon uptime.

600 ranged is not melee. Still mostly cone heals even a grond clear that combos into a chosen blast for better contorl over where that support is going.

Eng is the best support in gw2 for non stab support (all though eng has some stab support better then what ele has) FB is the stab support the only thing that tempest has going for it is the root and auras effect all witch are far weaker due to eng and FB support. Your roots become resistance your chill become alacrity your stuns never trigger even your burn become blocks.

Engi has best support mostly because of stealth, light fields and especially massive condi conversion. Bulwark gyro tool belt is also quite strong skill. Ele and rev arent meta because they dont provide any significant utility/boons that's better than mentioned ones, but they can easily outheal scrapper simply because they have bigger aoe coverage and target cap with their heals, both passive and active ones.

With that being said, tempest is still quite popular support because it provides a lot of CC, frost aura is additional damage reduction and it has 10 man heals and good amount of protection from arcane/earth traits, staff 3/wh 4, aftershock (although it's usually unnecessary) and earth overload, most of them being shared to 10 people. Not to mention rebound which can easily prevent your teammates to go down in the first seconds of fight (or soak up additional aoes so better players dont have to).

Dont forget that frost aura has pretty high range (if it's even limited) so it can trigger chill on people who are far away from cleanses. It's most useful in melee clashes where it serves as additional condi spam in corrupt fields/warrior bubbles making it hard to utilize it as alacrity. You barely even have burns unless you're playing fire cleanse tempest (which is generally better with d/w), but that's not needed when you have scrappers to convert condies.

Eng a better healer due to a LOT of things.

Tempest has roots and soft cc that is hard conter by eng into very hard to deal with boons.

Eng has the ability to put out frost aura....

@Jski.6180 said:I am spelling scraper right it just means more when I say it this way vs that your asking for.To scrap -> scrapping is actually correct since the background is some scrapping specialized Charr people if I remember lore correctly... basically a recycling facility.To scrape -> scraping is more like scratching something off... sometimes I feel like I scrape people off the ground with the function gyro, but that's mostly irrelevant to lore and name.

That being said, I don't really care how you spell it, so have fun. ^^

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:To scrap -> scrapping is actually correct since the background is some scrapping specialized Charr people if I remember lore correctly... basically a recycling facility.To scrape -> scraping is more like scratching something off... sometimes I feel like I scrape people off the ground with the function gyro, but that's mostly irrelevant to lore and name.

That being said, I don't really care how you spell it, so have fun. ^^

slow clap

What makes Scrapper great is condiconversion, every tiny little condi gets converted into a boon + reg, which means that:

1. Enemies like scourges gets denied alot of "free chip damage", and converting a condi not only turns into a boon, it also applies regeneration (this is what bumps scrappers up to absurd heals/sec in longer fights, reaching heights of 10-14k healing/sec if everything clicks)
  2. Scourges will have more trouble to corrupt boons the more boons are on the targets, all the small condis that got converted are now acting as amassed "coverboons".

Essentially Scrappers will thrive as long as the enemy got some Scourges or other damagedealers which applies condis along with its damage.

Also on a previous comment about Scrappers lacking range for their heals?Wth are you talking about?600range medkit #1, no CD, 900 Range Elixir Gun #5, Medkit F1 has about 450 range which is plenty considering its a burst heal on top of the tag.etc. etc. i can continue listing examples where Scrappers shine at ranged fights. Also Hammer 5 > Static DischargeAnd why would you need ranged heals when ur supposed to sit on tag...?

@"Noha.3749" said:What makes Scrapper great is condiconversion, every tiny little condi gets converted into a boon + reg, which means that:

1. Enemies like scourges gets denied alot of "free chip damage", and converting a condi not only turns into a boon, it also applies regeneration (this is what bumps scrappers up to absurd heals/sec in longer fights, reaching heights of 10-14k healing/sec if everything clicks)
  2. Scourges will have more trouble to corrupt boons the more boons are on the targets, all the small condis that got converted are now acting as amassed "coverboons".

Essentially Scrappers will thrive as long as the enemy got some Scourges or other damagedealers which applies condis along with its damage.

Also on a previous comment about Scrappers lacking range for their heals?Wth are you talking about?600range medkit #1, no CD, 900 Range Elixir Gun #5, Medkit F1 has about 450 range which is plenty considering its a burst heal on top of the tag.etc. etc. i can continue listing examples where Scrappers shine at ranged fights. Also Hammer 5 > Static DischargeAnd why would you need ranged heals when ur supposed to sit on tag...?

Not only reg and a boon flip but your also healing ppl when you clear there condis (you get boon from the clear and you heal your self from the boon and % of the heal hits 5 targets). Its a very nice combo to build for sadly only eng has this loop and at best ele has its reg clear loop that realty amounts to nothing when you know eng has clears on protection making its pure clear loop soo much stronger (if you give up the healing part of the loop).

We are also leaving out the barrier effects on scraper doing more dmg and taking less dmg when under the effect of barrier (more dmg realty is pointless on the healing build but every bit adds up). A class that got barrier as an after though makes better use of it then the class made with barrier in mind weaver. All though its tempest whom we are talking about here at the best thing to say about staying power is the +7% protection power that tempest get was added to core eng so sadly eng with its build in higher hp and def gets just as many boon boots of protection as the class who core build and ideal of "this boon is going to keep me alive" was simply handed to another class.

Its all very frustrating and show just how badly balancing is for the ele class.