Jump to content
  • Sign Up

WvW Condi Holosmith


Ultramex.1506

Recommended Posts

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:you definitely don't want photonic blasting module cuz that's a power trait. other then that looks good man. personally I would go with explosions>shrapnel and grab storm mod for holomode, and do a power/condi hybrid.

Thanks, i pick Alchemy for defense

@santenal.1054 said:That build has not a single active condition cleans, you dont use cleanses?If you want a decent build, tell what you plan on doing with it and what weapons/utility skills you like to play with. So others can theorycraft you a proper build.

Forgot about condi, whoops! Well i want to make a condi tank and that is what i come up with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your build Looks fun, BUT I would not Focus so much on burning Duration. While it Looks great in numbers, a decent enemy will not allow a condition to tick for more than 3-4 seconds before it is removed (even if covered by several other condis), so I think you won't get any noticeable damage benefit out of the burning Duration.

I have also played around a lot to find a viable condi holo build, but as Dawdler also mentioned, it is really really tough to have it surpass the scrapper sustain while not providing much extra damage. The whole photon forge is a power-spec, going full condi reduces it to one damage skill and one CC skill. So best I came up with was a Celestial hybrid where P/P applies condition damage while changing to photon forge to unleash power damage. However, it is nowhere as tanky as a dire-scapper so quite prone to burst-builds (rangers, reapers etc.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Dawdler.8521 said:If you are good with the forge I can imagine some pretty lethal burst + stun combos. But I dont really see it outsustaining the scrapper. If this is for WvW, no cleanse and no speed is going to make others run in circles around you.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:Your build Looks fun, BUT I would not Focus so much on burning Duration. While it Looks great in numbers, a decent enemy will not allow a condition to tick for more than 3-4 seconds before it is removed (even if covered by several other condis), so I think you won't get any noticeable damage benefit out of the burning Duration.

I have also played around a lot to find a viable condi holo build, but as Dawdler also mentioned, it is really really tough to have it surpass the scrapper sustain while not providing much extra damage. The whole photon forge is a power-spec, going full condi reduces it to one damage skill and one CC skill. So best I came up with was a Celestial hybrid where P/P applies condition damage while changing to photon forge to unleash power damage. However, it is nowhere as tanky as a dire-scapper so quite prone to burst-builds (rangers, reapers etc.).Thanks for your feedback

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Little bit modifiedhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqOnUUBtbB2XBcJjF2CrvNGHrjgfoNQAIsGcReNA-j1yHQBA4EAQC1VglSkio0Ic7PUB9APRJYAVGMIVKIiSIl9AAIFgmrBA-w

The empty slot can be used for the following skills:Tool Kit - Another block skill, Pull enemies, pry bar.Rocket Boots - Mobility, Blast Finisher, Tool belt skill burns.Elixir U - Stability, Third stun break.Flame Thrower - CC, Tool belt skill is awesome, blast finisher, all about burning.Bomb Kit - Smoke field, then swap out into something else.Grenade Kit - for sieges in a zerg when you feel like it (not for roaming)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definatly take photnic blasting module as you cannot get the 5 stacks of burning from your first holosmith trait without over heating and you cant safely over heat without pbm, landing that overheat can be an amazing burn burst to since you get 2 from the over heat then 5 from trait which is easy to land if you over heat then use poison dart volley to land the 5 hits.

Also get as close as possible to 100% burn duration despite what people have said the forge 4th skill will have a 2 second duration burn and with 8 stacks makes it an incredibly burst skill able to deal upwards of 10k damage in optimal situations its also quite easy to get 100% duration if ya just take your current setup and balthazar runes.

Between over heating/photon blitz/50% heat+ elite and your pistols you have more then enough condi damage to kill just about anything that you can take all defensive utility skills like toolkit for the block photon shield and elixir s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:for condi remove you could simply grab cleansing sigil and heal turret. remember to not double click (explode) heal turret but rather pick it up since this will give you a reduced recharge, and to use a leap or blast for both of its water fields.

@ukuni.8745 said:Definatly take photnic blasting module as you cannot get the 5 stacks of burning from your first holosmith trait without over heating and you cant safely over heat without pbm, landing that overheat can be an amazing burn burst to since you get 2 from the over heat then 5 from trait which is easy to land if you over heat then use poison dart volley to land the 5 hits.

Also get as close as possible to 100% burn duration despite what people have said the forge 4th skill will have a 2 second duration burn and with 8 stacks makes it an incredibly burst skill able to deal upwards of 10k damage in optimal situations its also quite easy to get 100% duration if ya just take your current setup and balthazar runes.

Between over heating/photon blitz/50% heat+ elite and your pistols you have more then enough condi damage to kill just about anything that you can take all defensive utility skills like toolkit for the block photon shield and elixir s.

@"Lyrsen.6702" said:Little bit modifiedhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqOnUUBtbB2XBcJjF2CrvNGHrjgfoNQAIsGcReNA-j1yHQBA4EAQC1VglSkio0Ic7PUB9APRJYAVGMIVKIiSIl9AAIFgmrBA-w

The empty slot can be used for the following skills:Tool Kit - Another block skill, Pull enemies, pry bar.Rocket Boots - Mobility, Blast Finisher, Tool belt skill burns.Elixir U - Stability, Third stun break.Flame Thrower - CC, Tool belt skill is awesome, blast finisher, all about burning.Bomb Kit - Smoke field, then swap out into something else.Grenade Kit - for sieges in a zerg when you feel like it (not for roaming)

Thank you all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAsanUIC1IjVIDGJDcJjF2CrvNGHvjibkpwMC8DtBCAA-j1hAQBXT535eAAOU9naqEMb7PAgTAg/0DEAIB4maTBwNdT30NdT3UbnNdT30NdT30NdT30NVKgH1sB-w

Here's my take on a condi holosmoth. It's a variation on traits and weapons of the kitless power holo build. Use trailblazer weapons and armor, you'll need the additional toughness to make up the lack of a shield, and sinister trinkets to make up for a lack of condition damage, and to prevent you from going over the condition cap for burn. As for sigils, you'll be running smoldering and cleansing. Your rune of choice is antitoxin, so you can use it in conjunction with purity of purpose to deal with conditions. Always make sure you score 50 heat in battle, and try to stay above 100 for continuous might stacking, but do your best not to overheat; when you're in the red you can probably afford to exit holo forge and land a blowtorch and sword 3 then 2, by then you should be below 100 heat. That being said, if you're low on health and high on heat, go and trigger aed then over heat yourself. When you're cooling off, use sword 3, then pistol 4, then sword 2, then auto. Remember that these sword attacks inflict conditions which cover up the long burning of blowtorch. Also, spam particle accelerator off cooldown; just like surprise shot, it has a low cooldown and doesn't interrupt skill actions. It has the bonus of giving you swiftness and crippling your target. Remember never to use spectrum shield below 50 heat, as you get an extreme cooldown reduction. Photon wall can be used offensively by getting up close and immediately activating the chain skill.

If you wish, you could take protection injection over invigorating speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"archmagus.7249" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAsanUIC1IjVIDGJDcJjF2CrvNGHvjibkpwMC8DtBCAA-j1hAQBXT535eAAOU9naqEMb7PAgTAg/0DEAIB4maTBwNdT30NdT3UbnNdT30NdT30NdT30NVKgH1sB-w

Here's my take on a condi holosmoth. It's a variation on traits and weapons of the kitless power holo build. Use trailblazer weapons and armor, you'll need the additional toughness to make up the lack of a shield, and sinister trinkets to make up for a lack of condition damage, and to prevent you from going over the condition cap for burn. As for sigils, you'll be running smoldering and cleansing. Your rune of choice is antitoxin, so you can use it in conjunction with purity of purpose to deal with conditions. Always make sure you score 50 heat in battle, and try to stay above 100 for continuous might stacking, but do your best not to overheat; when you're in the red you can probably afford to exit holo forge and land a blowtorch and sword 3 then 2, by then you should be below 100 heat. That being said, if you're low on health and high on heat, go and trigger aed then over heat yourself. When you're cooling off, use sword 3, then pistol 4, then sword 2, then auto. Remember that these sword attacks inflict conditions which cover up the long burning of blowtorch. Also, spam particle accelerator off cooldown; just like surprise shot, it has a low cooldown and doesn't interrupt skill actions. It has the bonus of giving you swiftness and crippling your target. Remember never to use spectrum shield below 50 heat, as you get an extreme cooldown reduction. Photon wall can be used offensively by getting up close and immediately activating the chain skill.

If you wish, you could take protection injection over invigorating speed.

Cool though costly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@"archmagus.7249" said:

Here's my take on a condi holosmoth. It's a variation on traits and weapons of the kitless power holo build. Use trailblazer weapons and armor, you'll need the additional toughness to make up the lack of a shield, and sinister trinkets to make up for a lack of condition damage, and to prevent you from going over the condition cap for burn. As for sigils, you'll be running smoldering and cleansing. Your rune of choice is antitoxin, so you can use it in conjunction with purity of purpose to deal with conditions. Always make sure you score 50 heat in battle, and try to stay above 100 for continuous might stacking, but do your best not to overheat; when you're in the red you can probably afford to exit holo forge and land a blowtorch and sword 3 then 2, by then you should be below 100 heat. That being said, if you're low on health and high on heat, go and trigger aed then over heat yourself. When you're cooling off, use sword 3, then pistol 4, then sword 2, then auto. Remember that these sword attacks inflict conditions which cover up the long burning of blowtorch. Also, spam particle accelerator off cooldown; just like surprise shot, it has a low cooldown and doesn't interrupt skill actions. It has the bonus of giving you swiftness and crippling your target. Remember never to use spectrum shield below 50 heat, as you get an extreme cooldown reduction. Photon wall can be used offensively by getting up close and immediately activating the chain skill.

If you wish, you could take protection injection over invigorating speed.

Cool though costly

You could swap trailblazer pieces for vipers; it's slightly cheaper and you'll see a dps boost, but you'll be squishier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...