Should the Skyscale map currency be reduced?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:If you WvW or PvP you can also run the reward tracks to acquire the currency as an alternate idea. On a side note, this isn't the first time we encountered something like this. I would recommend to anyone if ANet releases a zone currency make sure you are gathering it as you go.

I think most players are cognisant of this, but from what I've seen posted many times, is after they moved on from that LS map, they consumed what currency they had for VM, and then either used the VM to make gold or for other purposes. If these mats couldn't be consumed, I would wager many more players would have had the stack of each that they needed already in storage.

I imagine that anyone who had 250 of each already in storage reacted way differently to the saddle part of the collection, rather than those who had to start with 0?

It's counter intuitive since some players fight the urge to hoard, and instead make instant use of whatever mats they have to boost income. Are they wrong in doing so? I don't think so.

So what do you do here?The amount of 250 of each isn't the problem, but rather how long it would reasonably take to get 250 of each. Had the requirement been for 100 of each, players wouldn't have had such a tough time trying to get that as quickly as possible (and it's perfectly human to want to do this as quickly as possible).Alternatively, had ANET disclosed during the sneak preview campaign that we would require 250 of each currency as part of the collection, players would have had at least a week head start on collecting the material before they even opened the collection. That doesn't make it easier to get 250 of each - it just means players wouldn't have felt as rushed to do so.

I don't know what the solution is for this issue, but I still maintain that the only time I've ever been asked to bring 1 stack of 'everything' was in the process of crafting a legendary item, and I maintain that is my major objection to this collection: it is for a mount, not some shiny weapon/armor skin. My hope is that ANET doesn't treat any future mounts as legendary items.

If people had the currency and used it for something else prior to the mount, no wouldn't fault them. They collected the resource and how they spent it was up to them. I think that if they had told us about the currency then yes people would have pre-rushed and then the complaints about the timegates would have been louder. This goes back to the HoT days, players were under the mindset that they needed all the masteries to play the game whereas players had everything they needed when they did. The masteries just meant they could play differently and had more options on how to play. I don't think people have yet to take that mindset, players are used to get since its required to proceed, but these aren't yet. The map requires a skyscale, that's why we have rentals, where as for some players I think they felt like rushing because they needed it to progress on the map and that wasn't true. Not working on the legendary jewelry but considering it sounds like the skyscale collection is part of it; it could be debated whether or not we were building precursors as others have stated in other threads. I admit I am on the side that resources should have some value to them and they should be reused, not be one offs, which is why I like it when they allow us to use the currencies for things like ascended jewelry and to craft enhanced consumables. But understand some people do not gather for future use or to hedge on the side that it might be needed, didn't have all of them prior either so was in same boat collecting. So it might come down to subtle hinting in the future so that people can both prep and others can still discover while giving people an idea of scale. "Over the following weeks players will return to familiar grounds and gather the resources they need to grow, train and outfit their new mount. Though it might be a long one it will lead those willing to partake on this journey into the domain of the Skyscale." Problem lies in the fact for some they thought they could get it day 1, for the OP its having used those resources already or not have found a reason to gather the resources at the time. Maybe another balance in the future is more means, gather 250 of x y z of resources or buy it with gold from this travelling merchant. Do like that we could get these via reward tracks and nice touch on being able to trade festival currencies as well. Now about Fractal reward tracks and dungeon token conversions.......

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Some how the devs have made a game where your are forced to repeat the same content over and over and over again.....who ever thought this was a good idea needs to go. Im not a robot and im not a time traveler that repeats the same day/events over and over again. I will never game or even atempt to get the skyscale.Its repetitive, skillless, and a time sink.

Which devs forced you to repeat same content over.. I never saw any forcefulness to make me do this.. maybe it's just players forcing themselves to rush the skyscale and then find they got bored after a few map runs and scream unfairness nasty devs force us.. meeehhhh.

Actually maybe they should do away with fractals, WvW, PvP and everything PvE cos I feel forced I have to do any amount of each , each time I log into the game.. bad show ANET bad, bad show forcing me to repeat a World Boss or an Auric Basin Meta!!If you cant get 250 map currency in a month then sorry, GW2 is just not something your ever going to enjoy.

I guess forced is the arong word.....cuz im not doing it at all. A game should be fun, and by forced what i really mean is its a chore. For me doing the same content usually more then 3-5 times becomes a agonizing chore, that i wouldcrather read my books then play it again.World bosses are different there quick usually 10 minute fights with giant kitten colorfull awesome looking monster. But doing the same heart everyday, plant the seeds kill the drakes get the 3 factions talking everyday? Id just rather do something else productive then repetitive.

And how many hours a day is that for a month? 2-4 hours day times 30? Nahhh i wont be putting 50-120 HOURs of life into repetitive npc gameplay.

Being forced and finding something to be a chore are not the same.. one suggests there is personal choice to undertaking the chore, the other you must undertake the chore.Not having the skyscale in no way invalidates a players game time, it makes no difference within the game itself, it is merely a content filler players can choose to undertake when they feel they have time and motivation. There is zero need to rush it and then complain when it can't be done in a few hours. Its just excuses for players feeling they are entitled to have it on demand with minimal or no effort..Bottom line there are many other things to do in game, all of which have repeatable features if you or I choose to.I guess you decided you didn't feel the need or desire to do the skyscale and that is just fine, somethings are there to be done as and when at a players time of choosing.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@Calvsie.3675 said:I feel people came into Skyscale with the completely wrong mindset. Instead of "WOW a good long term goal to keep me engaged for a couple week to a month!" they were all "WANT IT NOW" and then proceeded to not be happy.

Except the problem was that they timegated each step. Thats what people were complaining about. They
forced
players to stop working on it until reset the next day. That is what made them unhappy.

So my comment stands. Why is everyone in such a rush?

Because if they want to get it done in a day...why not? If they have the capability then let them go for it. Timegating doesn't create a challenge or make finishing something more satisfying or worthwhile, it just feels like some daily chore you have to deal with because you're being
forced
to not continue something despite being completely able to.

This game is not a game where one seeks challenge as this game presents very little challenge to those you might deem more "hardcore" gamers. GW2 is very casual, and that would normally be fine if Anet didn't design things almost
entirely
around the casual audience. They need to have a mixture. Thats why people go elsewhere for challenging PvE.

Went a little off-topic there but...

I understand them wanting to make Skyscale accessible, as it should be, but the way in which they did it just made the illusion of "challenge" with the time gating just grating and annoying. I imagine its less of a problem for people who are like "Well thats fine, I can pick this up when I get back from work tomorrow." Casual mindset. As opposed to "If I focus on this I could easily get all of this done tonight" Hardcore mindset. Time gating isn't a challenge, its just waiting in line at the DMV only to have it close before you can get to the desk.

And to add to what KryTiKaL has said; I recall Anet crowing about players playing the way they want to play and not the way Anet wants them to play.So what happened with that?`

@ShadowGryphon.6257 said:

@Calvsie.3675 said:I feel people came into Skyscale with the completely wrong mindset. Instead of "WOW a good long term goal to keep me engaged for a couple week to a month!" they were all "WANT IT NOW" and then proceeded to not be happy.

Except the problem was that they timegated each step. Thats what people were complaining about. They
forced
players to stop working on it until reset the next day. That is what made them unhappy.

So my comment stands. Why is everyone in such a rush?

Because if they want to get it done in a day...why not? If they have the capability then let them go for it. Timegating doesn't create a challenge or make finishing something more satisfying or worthwhile, it just feels like some daily chore you have to deal with because you're being
forced
to not continue something despite being completely able to.

This game is not a game where one seeks challenge as this game presents very little challenge to those you might deem more "hardcore" gamers. GW2 is very casual, and that would normally be fine if Anet didn't design things almost
entirely
around the casual audience. They need to have a mixture. Thats why people go elsewhere for challenging PvE.

Went a little off-topic there but...

I understand them wanting to make Skyscale accessible, as it should be, but the way in which they did it just made the illusion of "challenge" with the time gating just grating and annoying. I imagine its less of a problem for people who are like "Well thats fine, I can pick this up when I get back from work tomorrow." Casual mindset. As opposed to "If I focus on this I could easily get all of this done tonight" Hardcore mindset. Time gating isn't a challenge, its just waiting in line at the DMV only to have it close before you can get to the desk.

And to add to what KryTiKaL has said; I recall Anet crowing about players playing the way they want to play and not the way Anet wants them to play.So what happened with that?`That one's easy to answer. They were always talking about what's required to access content, and only that. There's nothing in this game you need the skyscale for, so it definitely falls into the same category as legendaries and similar, and ANet is (and always has been) fine with offering non-essential stuff that require a serious time and resource investment.

It took a month to finish mine but I wasn't in much hurry because it simply wasn't entertaining to do. The vast amount of collections were a huge mental drain on me to even look at so I did some and then played something else. I also started with 0 charged quartz. I wish they didn't branch the collections across 500 different ones and kept it in one place.

Dragonfall sells 5 of each currency.Kralk Ore was finished instantly since hearts sell 25 at once.Difuorite took me the longest. I just did the hearts on alts except for the anti-gravity one cuz I didn't feel like running there. Did the meta if it happened during progress.Inscribed Shards 2nd longest, basically did same thing as Sandswept.Mistonium I did full map completion (which gives 25) on a handful of alts + buying from hearts. Which can be done pretty fast since the map is tiny. You can scrape a door on south side for fortress poi. Probably the only PoF map to me that is easy/relaxing to farm as well, I went back there to level Skyscale mastery.Branded Masses is a no go on map completion since last poi requires mesmer porting or some crap I can't be bothered with. I did the entire farm through the first heart alone on every character I have then waited for reset. The Heart where you rally the NPC's morale. It takes about 30 seconds to complete and is the best heart in all of PoF. You just travel in a C rallying the solo biscuits and then loop back halfway for the large squads when bar is full and completes quickly.Mistborn Motes I just followed commanders around...

I agree with the OP, much of this game is chore based and not fun game play.Go collect x amount of this, Press 1. This is the case for much of the game.I don't believe most of the players would mind a long process if the content was fun and engaging.

@KryTiKaL.3125

Yes, you did say time gating was lazy. The problem with that word is that people who use it often misuse it. I often do things when I'm on a deadline and don't have time to do something else in the most convenient way possible, often while working as hard as I possibly can. This overuse of the word lazy as some sort of insult because someone doesn't like development decision feels misleading to me. It implies devs who made this epsiode/chapter are sitting around half asleep, drinking maitais on the beach instead of working hard. I suspect the decision had nothing to do with laziness. I suspect it has to do with an attempt to stop some people from getting it the first day, without necessarily increasing the time to takes other people to get it.

A person who plays all day every day, with no time gating at all, could have had the Skyscale day 1. A person who played 3 hours a day would not have made that, but could have done the daily bit up until the time gate. You may not like that decision but it doesn't make the decision lazy. It makes it a decision you disagree with.

Either way, a week in a game you'll play for a year or even years is not a big deal, as I said, and using the adjective lazy to describe something you don't like feels lazy to to me. There are in fact, many reasons why decisions are made. They're not all made because people aren't working hard, or because they're lazing around. They're made for reasons, that aren't always explained to us. Doesn't mean those reasons don't exist.

The poll is more of a guideline, to let Anet know that they went overboard on this one. We're letting them know that it used to take 3 days to get a mount on average, now it's a month. It's not simply the coins but also the amount of collections, Anet is there a name for what's wrong with you? Also when you have an insane amount of fanboys who love to live in their PC and vote no, that let's Anet know that it's OK to be overzealous and they can do wrong. :/

@Vayne.8563 said:@"KryTiKaL.3125"

Yes, you did say time gating was lazy. The problem with that word is that people who use it often misuse it. I often do things when I'm on a deadline and don't have time to do something else in the most convenient way possible, often while working as hard as I possibly can. This overuse of the word lazy as some sort of insult because someone doesn't like development decision feels misleading to me. It implies devs who made this epsiode/chapter are sitting around half asleep, drinking maitais on the beach instead of working hard. I suspect the decision had nothing to do with laziness. I suspect it has to do with an attempt to stop some people from getting it the first day, without necessarily increasing the time to takes other people to get it.

A person who plays all day every day, with no time gating at all, could have had the Skyscale day 1. A person who played 3 hours a day would not have made that, but could have done the daily bit up until the time gate. You may not like that decision but it doesn't make the decision lazy. It makes it a decision you disagree with.

Either way, a week in a game you'll play for a year or even years is not a big deal, as I said, and using the adjective lazy to describe something you don't like feels lazy to to me. There are in fact, many reasons why decisions are made. They're not all made because people aren't working hard, or because they're lazing around. They're made for reasons, that aren't always explained to us. Doesn't mean those reasons don't exist.

Thats fair. You're right, its something I don't agree with so calling it lazy was inappropriate.

However regardless of the why the decision was made to do that, I still believe its just yet another symptom of ArenaNets consistent problem with only catering to the casual playerbase in the game, or at the very least not doing very well when it comes to developing adequately challenging or difficult content. As I've repeated multiple times, I have no problem with casual players. I may not agree with their perspectives all the time, I understand them, but I'm not going to shame them for how they play. So with that said, it would be nice if veteran or "hardcore" players had a little consideration in terms of difficulty or giving them the capability of not needing to deal with time gating just for the sake of denying them the chance to knock something out in just a day especially if they are entirely capable of doing so. I understand Anet wanting it to feel like something, a goal, that lasts or requires a time investment but the way they did it just ended up being annoying and really only being similar to a previous analogy I made; "waiting in line at the DMV only to have it close before you get to the desk".

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Thats fair. You're right, its something I don't agree with so calling it lazy was inappropriate.

However regardless of the why the decision was made to do that, I still believe its just yet another symptom of ArenaNets consistent problem with only catering to the casual playerbase in the game, or at the very least not doing very well when it comes to developing adequately challenging or difficult content. As I've repeated multiple times, I have no problem with casual players. I may not agree with their perspectives all the time, I understand them, but I'm not going to shame them for how they play.
So
with that said, it would be nice if veteran or "hardcore" players had a little consideration in terms of difficulty or giving them the capability of not needing to deal with time gating just for the sake of denying them the chance to knock something out in just a day especially if they are entirely capable of doing so. I understand Anet wanting it to feel like something, a goal, that lasts or requires a time investment but the way they did it just ended up being annoying and really only being similar to a previous analogy I made; "waiting in line at the DMV only to have it close before you get to the desk".

I think the skyscale collection shouldn't be challenging content anyway. There's no reason to lock people out of it any more than has already been done. I mean think about it. The currency puts people in zones. The time-gating helps slow down content locusts (who are their own worst enemy). Sure we got complaints this time about time gating. If we didn't we'd have complaints about 2 hours of content every 3 months. This is literally a lose/lose situation for Anet.

And there's the idea of creating the feeling of a journey which is important to some people. I liked feeding my skyscale once a day because it added to the idea that I was actually doing something, instead of just farming loot.

Raids and high level fractals should be for harder core players. Open world stuff should cater to casual players. I'm sure more casual players would spend money in the gem store. Hard core players often just farm gold and save their money.

Now that I've started to go back and work on stuff for Aurora, I just wanted to come back here and say that...no, it's not a temporary fix for the population of the LW maps. I was dreading having to do the bosses in Draconis Mons for the Wayfarer's Henge because I thought the map would be dead, but at no point did I struggle to find people on the map willing to do events. Many of them also said they were working on the same collections as me. And those maps came out forever ago. I still see tons of people in Bitterfrost gathering winterberries and doing events. Had no issue finishing the stuff I needed in Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay, Lake Doric, or Siren's Landing. So yeah, I still think the currency requirements are fine and will be what helps keep season 4 alive.Hopefully now people know to save up their map currencies for the end of season 5.

@Ototo.3214 said:Now that I've started to go back and work on stuff for Aurora, I just wanted to come back here and say that...no, it's not a temporary fix for the population of the LW maps. I was dreading having to do the bosses in Draconis Mons for the Wayfarer's Henge because I thought the map would be dead, but at no point did I struggle to find people on the map willing to do events. Many of them also said they were working on the same collections as me. And those maps came out forever ago. I still see tons of people in Bitterfrost gathering winterberries and doing events. Had no issue finishing the stuff I needed in Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay, Lake Doric, or Siren's Landing. So yeah, I still think the currency requirements are fine and will be what helps keep season 4 alive.Hopefully now people know to save up their map currencies for the end of season 5.

This.Be thankful they have watered it a bit down. I don't think they should - it's no different to people who already have vision or the new GS say- but i don't see any threads asking for the amount of Mats for that great sword being reduced.The skyscale was based on raising the creature from egg to adult, a cute idea. I just feel sorry for the Devs that probably felt the same and have had it trashed all over the place.I think this community is just getting more and more disrespectful towards the devs. Dangling the ' fix it or i'll quit' carrot and sadly they are acting on it.

Yes, GW2 has always had a problem with rewards. Bringing players to different maps was a great idea. The currency is not a problem IMO, however when there is nothing else besides said currency for the Skyscale, it becomes the grind. If the same currency wasn't the main thing needed for the skins/items in the map it won't seem as daunting/grindy. It wasn't that hard really but I felt the grind at sandswept isles. When not every event gave difluorite crystal as rewards. The only 2 maps that took me more than 1 day with ranking from the worst grind to least, with Sandwept leaps and bounds the worst. The rest weren't too bad.
  1. Sandswept Isle
  2. Domain of Kourna
  3. Jahai Bluffs

When they make skins/items for the living story maps, besides completionists, most only want a few of the skins. Thus, there's no reason to be back in those maps. Each map should really have some kind of unique rewards obtainable, besides grinding for currency. The rewards should can be for the meta or chain events in the form of the bonus boxes similar to the world boss/meta even rushes. These have to be unique(and should fit into the lore) of each map or else most will just do specific maps (Istan). Anet has never really focused on RNG rewards much(understanding static rewards was the philosophy they believed in), but getting the same rare quality equipment/mats gets stale really quick.

I do love the idea of items having these kinds of difficulty to obtain that is not necessarily gamebreaking/needed but has prestige in them. Wish they would make more of these. However they need to figure out how to keep it fun and not as grindy. But I totally understand why they did it this way. It's to promote sales of living story. For the parts that have more grind, perhaps include something else that is rewarded for the intermediate reward.

Whoever decided to only give 5 of the currency for map complete, should be tied up and tickled for an hour straight.

Well you say they've never focused on RNG rewards much, yet look at that Bonus Box of Goods they have given twice now for an event. Thats RNG. Thats very RNG. "Here is are some events that give you a loot box with a
really
low chance of actually getting something worth your time." Anet has been consistent with their rewards thats for sure, though. Materials. Always materials. From GW1 to GW2, materials have been a big go to. GW1 they were needed to craft sets of gear, especially the expensive ones like UW and FoW sets and this remains true for GW2...yet their value is
significantly less
in GW2. With how abundant and easily available crafting materials are in GW2 they just don't hold the same value as they did in GW1. Ectos being the biggest drop in value between the two games. There are, however, materials that I would say do have a lot of value in GW2. Ascended materials, Mystic Coins, Mystic Clovers, Amalgamated Gemstones, and a few others. However...these are sparsely rewarded to players through "challenging content" and while I am entirely fine with grinding, I need to actually enjoy what I'm doing to grind.

Like I enjoy grinding on BDO. Combat is fun, there is Open World PvP that can happen and I can shut my brain off basically and just watch/listen to a podcast, watch Critical Role, watch Netflix, etc while I do it. GW2 open world PvE...it legitimately makes me bored. I have almost no desire to touch it because every time I do its just "Why am I doing this? Oh right, to make this legendary...then I have no reason to stay." and even with that goal in mind its still kind of torture. Even if I try to do something similar like on BDO, watch Netflix, Critical Role, etc in the background I inevitably end up sitting and AFKing while waiting for events to pop. Kills my drive to even bother and then the event pops and tadaa....mobbed down in like 15 minutes, usually less, then on to waiting for the next event. To be fair, I actually kind of more enjoyed Dragonfall with its events. Much more consistent, less waiting and there were 3 areas to jump around to if one didn't have anything going on. However honestly GW2 didn't set a very high bar to hit or overcome there.

Yes, they've added some RNG recently,which I like. They just need more. There's nothing wrong with RNG, it brings prestige/worth to items. They just need a good balance of RNG items and items that you can slow grind towards (Legendaries,currency items, etc).

I've never played BDO but I've been through grindy games and it's a heck no for me. Perhaps you enjoy those type of grind. I've seen videos and needing to keep your computer on all the time is just insane. I know my brothers had no problems with grindy games (there's doing something over and over again, and there's grindy(over,over,over,over,over,over again but less rewards) but I got burnt out by it.

I actually prefer some difficulty for my games. Yes unfortunately open world PVE can be zerged, which thumbs down the difficulty. Open world pvp is in WVW but that game mode has been mostly neglected because PVE is the bread and butter, understandably. The real end game for competitive players is PVP and WVW, but those game modes are neglected compared to PVE. Challenging gameplay for PVE is Raids. I consider GW2 combat one of the more smooth/fun combat systems.

From my experience what gets people excited in MMOs.

1. Obtaining unique/rare items (RNG). Gives them that lottery feeling. We saw that during the World Boss and Meta bonus events. They just needed to refine the rewards. They did not have intermediate rewards. It was either uninspiring or the super rare items, which left nothing in between worth looking forward to. They did improve this during the Meta bonus event, so that's great. Anet is listening and improving.

2. Obtaining some sort of fame (titles, achievements). They have these, but besides hard to get titles like GWAMM, they should have some lore titles where if you were there at that time you can earn it. Perhaps having titles should come with some kind of perk. Maybe access to restricted areas that have some perks. They kind of have this in PVP, earning access to a lobby. This would get people to do achievements/titles in PVE.

3. Fashion wars. Nothing needs to say here, but this can tie into RNG items. Look at the invisible slippers. Ugly skin but unique and rare, thus high worth and prestigious.

4. And of course fun gameplay and/or challenging gameplay.

Of course being a subscription free based game, the bottom line is Anet does need to make money so they need to somehow incorporate meaningful gameplay in conjuction with increasing gem store sales.

@"Randulf.7614" said:You can get 50 map currency from 1000 zhaitaffy in the festival

Checked this out last night and didn't try it yet but vendor says "Weekly" in title, if that is the case then I wouldn't count this as a good sideways approach of acquiring resources. Still good catch in either case though, thanks for the post!

@NYG.2568 said:I agree with the OP, much of this game is chore based and not fun game play.Go collect x amount of this, Press 1. This is the case for much of the game.I don't believe most of the players would mind a long process if the content was fun and engaging.

Players who feel that way shouldn't play MMOs. I mean c'mon, that is what MMOs are. GW2 tries to be different, and in many ways they are, but at its core, this is an MMO, and mindless chores are its foundation.

This morning I ran around pressing F on Fireworks Launchers, not even bothering to stop and watch the actual FIREWORKS go off before moving to the next one, all because of an achievement. And while I don't normally hunt APs, ones like this one, while completely brainless and 'chore based', are simple to acquire.

The activity isn't the issue here, but rather its length. For instance, as I've said before, playing catch with the skyscale, or hide and seek, were both fun and engaging activities - similar to the Precocious Aurene story mission - but after doing each 5 or 6 times, the fun was over and it became a chore. Opening the rifts for Skyscale Flight was interesting...but not so interesting that I enjoyed doing it 27 times...

The Skyscale collection isn't hard or challenging, and no real skill is required to complete it, so nobody should feel daunted by the task, nor should anyone who completes it act as if it's evidence of their gaming prowess. The problem I, and many other players had though, is that it was too long.

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:The poll is more of a guideline, to let Anet know that they went overboard on this one. We're letting them know that it used to take 3 days to get a mount on average, now it's a month. It's not simply the coins but also the amount of collections, Anet is there a name for what's wrong with you? Also when you have an insane amount of fanboys who love to live in their PC and vote no, that let's Anet know that it's OK to be overzealous and they can do wrong. :/

I translate the results of the poll differently. To me it says people are good with collections taking some time. The mount as of yet isn't required so far. So the question here is what guidance would the community give to ANet so that they could reflect a sense of the time to acquire the mount without allowing people to get a competitive edge by providing to much information but also allow people that want the discovery element to also have that experience.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:You can get 50 map currency from 1000 zhaitaffy in the festival

Checked this out last night and didn't try it yet but vendor says "Weekly" in title, if that is the case then I wouldn't count this as a good sideways approach of acquiring resources. Still good catch in either case though, thanks for the post!

If it wasn’t weekly then it would be ridiculous. I got 1k without effort yesterday - I could see people getting enough currency they’d never need to return to the maps otherwise.

150 in the entire festival seems like a very good incentive

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi!

After talking to the development team, we would like to wrap this feedback thread about the Skyscale acquisition methods. We’ve watched players continue acquiring their Skyscale and we are happy with the adjustments that we made, including readjusting the time gating and addressing a few specific blocking issues. As we said in the original forum announcement, we wanted the progression to rival that of the Griffon in terms of prestige and deliver a story that will bind you to your new mount.

Note that with yesterday’s Dragon Bash festival, we also introduced a way to get the Living World Season 4 currencies that are required for the Riding Scales achievement. Talk to the Dragon Bash Merchant [Weekly] in Hoelbrak during the festival for more details!

Thank you everyone for your feedback and for your support.