Mouse visibility and the flashing effects.

Anyone have any tips for making the mouse cursor more visible in battles full of flashing effects.Im having real trouble seeing my cursor in these types of events, and some of my skills rely on left clicking on a target to use the skill, which I cant do if I cant see the cursor.Ive tried some 3rd party mouse cursors, but they dont make the cursor brighter, only bigger.Doesnt seem to be any way to wind down the flashing effects without also winding down the mouse cursor visibility.tnx

@mauried.5608 said:Anyone have any tips for making the mouse cursor more visible in battles full of flashing effects.Im having real trouble seeing my cursor in these types of events, and some of my skills rely on left clicking on a target to use the skill, which I cant do if I cant see the cursor.Ive tried some 3rd party mouse cursors, but they dont make the cursor brighter, only bigger.Doesnt seem to be any way to wind down the flashing effects without also winding down the mouse cursor visibility.tnx

Why not just use Tab to Target, then you don't have to worry about seeing the Mouse pointer to click on the target?

The answer would be an option to turn down player spell effects, but they dont seem to want to listen to everyone when they ask for it. It is literally seizure inducing on big fights. Cant see the ground cant see the target cant see anything but a rainbow flashing of bright colors blotting out the sun.

Tab targeting only works when there is only 1 monster nearby, its hopeless when there are lots standing around near you.Also seems to have a tendency to target things like jungle boars or moas over other nastier nearer enemies.A good example is trying to target the Octovine in the AB meta when there are frogs or Mordren standing nearby.You can mash the tab button forever and it simply wont ever give you the enemy you want.Anyway tried YoloMouse and its great and fixes most of the problems.

I wonder if the problem is that theres no one at Anet who knows how too.Theres a lot of bugs in the game that have never been fixed, some going back to the start of the game .eg the target nearest , next and previous ally commands have never worked proiperly.The herbicide spray in the AB meta at North hasnt worked for close to 2 years.Maybe the original coders who wrote the game engine are no longer around , and debugging someone elses code is to difficult for the current coders.

@mauried.5608 said:Tab targeting only works when there is only 1 monster nearby, its hopeless when there are lots standing around near you.Also seems to have a tendency to target things like jungle boars or moas over other nastier nearer enemies.A good example is trying to target the Octovine in the AB meta when there are frogs or Mordren standing nearby.You can mash the tab button forever and it simply wont ever give you the enemy you want.Anyway tried YoloMouse and its great and fixes most of the problems.

That's because it also uses the range of your weapon to target, as a Ranger I have to do a lot of tabbing to get the right target, eventually it works, or I don't worry about ground targets because I only need to be in the general vicinity, not on the exact target(even those classes that have individual skills that target enemies directly).

Unfortunately there is no good way, short of something like a dll or an extension on your system. It can get frustrating, especially when you use multiple monitors.

What use case are you after? For example, when I am trying to rack up tagging as many enemies as possible I am constantly running in circles and hitting the 1 key to fire at a new target.

@mauried.5608 said:Tab targeting only works when there is only 1 monster nearby, its hopeless when there are lots standing around near you.Also seems to have a tendency to target things like jungle boars or moas over other nastier nearer enemies.A good example is trying to target the Octovine in the AB meta when there are frogs or Mordren standing nearby.You can mash the tab button forever and it simply wont ever give you the enemy you want.Anyway tried YoloMouse and its great and fixes most of the problems.

I never use tabbing. Hit 1 and fire at the nearest thing, move to another enemy, hit 1 again. Yes, it is as tiring as it sounds but you get used to it.

Hit boxes and apparent size are wildly off, making click targeting unreliable. I have always wondered if this is on purpose or just careless coding. It feels like poor targeting is something they have done on purpose though, enhancing the mesmer's target clearing abilities, for example.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@mauried.5608 said:Anyone have any tips for making the mouse cursor more visible in battles full of flashing effects.Im having real trouble seeing my cursor in these types of events, and some of my skills rely on left clicking on a target to use the skill, which I cant do if I cant see the cursor.Ive tried some 3rd party mouse cursors, but they dont make the cursor brighter, only bigger.Doesnt seem to be any way to wind down the flashing effects without also winding down the mouse cursor visibility.tnx

Why not just use Tab to Target, then you don't have to worry about seeing the Mouse pointer to click on the target?

Some skills require mouse pointer direction as well. Bottomline is that people need ot know where their cursor is pointing and this game doesn't make that an easy task.