How Long Will Matches Under The Alliance System Be?

Whiteout.1975

I'm just curious. Since it seems to work as a prediction system of potential/likely WvW play hours. Perhaps players would be more likely to finish a match if it was more shorter/reasonable in favor of having a life... Compared to the current 24/7. Thoughts/Answers?

Thanks @"Swagger.1459", though I went threw this again before making the post to get a refresher. And then a second time again after you just linked them here... Reading the original post of each link. Maybe I'm still missing something key?... The closest thing I saw was "eight-week seasons" (in the first link) ,but I could not find an answer/question relating to this question here unfortunately :/

I mean it doesn't look like the start matches are dependent upon a certain amount whom are supposedly active/present in game at least.

The closest thing I heard (elsewhere) was them thinking about doing 8hr matches (good start IMO). Though, I don't know if this was at all in consideration to future alliances. The whole thing just has me feeling curious.

Thanks @"Swagger.1459", though I went threw this again before making the post to get a refresher. And then a second time again after you just linked them here... Reading the original post of each link. Maybe I'm still missing something key?... The closest thing I saw was "eight-week seasons" (in the first link) ,but I could not find an answer/question relating to this question here unfortunately :/

I mean it doesn't look like the start matches are dependent upon a certain amount whom are supposedly active/present in game at least.

The closest thing I heard (elsewhere) was them thinking about doing 8hr matches (good start IMO). Though, I don't know if this was at all in consideration to future alliances. The whole thing just has me feeling curious.

It wasn't 8 hour matches, it was 8 hour skirmishes (instead of current 2) to try to balance ppt contribution among active time zones.

1 week is fine for matches because not everyone can play every day of the week and it doesn't make sense to start/finish one in the middle of the week.

Not exactly sure what you mean by matches though.

Yw. From the first link...

“Seasons break WvW into cycles where several matches will play out. The current design for seasons is 8 weeks, but we are open to feedback. Matches are still a week long, so there would be eight matches a season in the above scenario. During the season, we will still be using 1-up, 1-down.”

Oh alright. You guys @Swagger.1459, @steki.1478 , @"Dawdler.8521" helped me identify the problem I was having. So thank you all :+1:

It was here... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72842/what-s-next-for-guild-wars-2

• "For WvW, we’ve talked about changing the matches so that scoring matters in 8-hour intervals. This allows us to address gameplay in off-peak hours in a way that doesn’t invalidate the work of the most active populations." (Near the bottom of the OP)

For some reason (back when I heard it) I was remembering thinking similar to PvP. In that a skirmish would act more like an actual match now assuming it is 8hr's... And since 8hr's is a real long time. I was also was picturing the match just basically resetting the objectives every 8 hrs to act more like a fresh start. Even though it's still not the entirety of the match itself and you still keep what points you've earned throughout the main match. Anyways, I was thinking that might have been nice perhaps with Alliances :o