Jump to content
  • Sign Up

What Do You Guys Do For Legendary Weapons?


Whiteout.1975

Recommended Posts

I was just curious as a WvW player among other's... How have you guys went about finding a effective enough means to which you like; regarding making Legendary Weapons. I saw the New Greatsword https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exordium and it looks pretty amazing IMO. BTW whoever was behind designing that... You deserve a raise for how amazing that thing looks :+1: Of course though, it will only look best in my mesmer hands for starters ;) lol...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I'm not going for Exordium, but for Rodgort. Still, I will share what I know. I recommend by first looking at the wiki guide for Exordium and find out what materials you need and check your inventory to see what you have before you get started. I'm primarily talking about the precursor crafting and the Gifts. For me, doing this preliminary thing saved me time and gold in case I sold off needed materials by mistake. As far as gold goes, fractals, new Dragonfall meta, Silverwastes, Istan, ranked spvp can get you there fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As wvw is crap in terms of gold/hour, it is adviseable to do pve for materials, gold, and the gift of exploration or maguuma (depending on the Legendary). Either buy gen1 from tp, or just buy the 50k mithril and wood you need for most Gen2 (Exordium included), but you still have to do the maguuma gift for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, for 2nd gen legendaries, there is no getting around PvE for various gifts and mats. You see whining from the PvE crowd about having to do 4-6 hours of WvW to get their GoB, but WvW players have to spend far more time than that in PvE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if It takes too much time on PvE achievments/gifts for 2nd gen leg but in dont struggle with gold, every once in a while i do a quick 30min open world gathering mostly for iron ore and platinum/wood and reward tracks for VM.When there's nothing going on in WvW i do PvP + gathering in between queues.Im never low on gold, If there's nothing i particularly want, i buy expensive infusions to sell when i need gold, otherwise i would spent everything on skinsI make 300-400g every 2 weeks or so, i could make way more but i dont have patience to flip stuff on tp.I never rush a legendary, i tend to buy stuff like mystic coins icy/mystic runestones in bulks of 10+ each day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a dedicated WvW player, you should not have problems with the Gift of Battle (like PvE only players lament about) and probably Clovers which you can get from the reward tracks. With log in rewards, you should get enough Mystic Coins for additional clovers + the monthly chest for another seven (you need 77 total).

The rest is a pure gold sink (fine mats, Gifts etc.). As a main WvW player you have to either do a good event farm (whatever is top tier, like SW, Istan, Dragonfall) or do material farms (iron/T5 wood) in "off time", which works best with 10+ characters or multiple accounts. For diversity of gameplay, I would recommend to do the dungeons (you need 500 tokens for the 1st generation legendary weapons) via actually playing the dungeons and not via a track.Should you be able to do high tier fractals, those will be profitable (and you need stabilzing matrixes as well), too.Take a look at TP related websites, like GWefficiency, to check whether it is better to craft a 1st gen or buy it off the TP. 2nd gen Legendaries will cost more in mats + you need "expansion exclusive" items (like Amalgamed gemstones), which make them even more expensive.

My personal opinion: if you don't rush the process, you can have some fun with a legendary (compared to a normal ascended weapon). The more you push to get it, the worse the experience will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do it like this (and it worked for every single legendary so far)

See the new legendary, think if I really want it.If yes go into gw2tp, pve guides or any other money making tip giving website.

Decide it does not worth it. Go into wvw and keep having fun.

This really works :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 400 Elegy Mosaic is easily the worst part, even worse than collecting 25,000~ elder wood and mithril (which is basically free from wvw). The grind for that is unreasonably obscene and I wish there was a reward track for it. (The Funerary Incense part was gated, sure, but grindless.)That's what I get for going the PoF route just to say to myself "I did it once". From now on I'll be tapping the HoT content for this stuff.

~ Kovu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@alain.1659 said:I do it like this (and it worked for every single legendary so far)

See the new legendary, think if I really want it.If yes go into gw2tp, pve guides or any other money making tip giving website.

Decide it does not worth it. Go into wvw and keep having fun.

This really works :)

I really appreciate all the replies guys seriously... Though this made laugh real good :+1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I need gold for legendary (typically atm armor) crafting, I usually go for T4 fractals. That gives around 20g per day with 30-60 Minutes playtime with RNDs. I also have some twinks near the wood farming spot (+ a permanent ax in the shared inventory slot).That way I can still play mostly WvW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2nd and 3rd gen legendaries are not worth the effort to me as a WvW player (too much PvE grind). I crafted Astralaria and this was definitely the first and last one. Every other legendary weapon I own (5 in total) is 1st gen and I just bought the precursor at the TP and crafted the gifts.

The legendary armor and warbringer you get for free someday for just playing the game mode, which is like it should be.

Most 1st gen legendaries look ugly, but fortunately the game is full of good skins so that the stat swapping is the most important feature to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KrHome.1920 said:2nd and 3rd gen legendaries are not worth the effort to me as a WvW player (too much PvE grind). I crafted Astralaria and this was definitely the first and last one. Every other legendary weapon I own (5 in total) is 1st gen and I just bought the precursor at the TP and crafted the gifts.

The legendary armor and warbringer you get for free someday for just playing the game mode, which is like it should be.

Most 1st gen legendaries look ugly, but fortunately the game is full of good skins so that the stat swapping is the most important feature to me.

Oh! What are these mysterious 3rd gen legendaries? Very curious as to what they look like, I haven't seen them.

:/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:2nd and 3rd gen legendaries are not worth the effort to me as a WvW player (too much PvE grind). I crafted Astralaria and this was definitely the first and last one. Every other legendary weapon I own (5 in total) is 1st gen and I just bought the precursor at the TP and crafted the gifts.

The legendary armor and warbringer you get for free someday for just playing the game mode, which is like it should be.

Most 1st gen legendaries look ugly, but fortunately the game is full of good skins so that the stat swapping is the most important feature to me.

Oh! What are these mysterious 3rd gen legendaries? Very curious as to what they look like, I haven't seen them.

:/Well that's the proof I am not a PvE player. I did confuse PoF as 3rd expac and legendary generations. Of course they are all 2nd gen with optional 2nd and 3rd expac gifts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KrHome.1920 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:2nd and 3rd gen legendaries are not worth the effort to me as a WvW player (too much PvE grind). I crafted Astralaria and this was definitely the first and last one. Every other legendary weapon I own (5 in total) is 1st gen and I just bought the precursor at the TP and crafted the gifts.

The legendary armor and warbringer you get for free someday for just playing the game mode, which is like it should be.

Most 1st gen legendaries look ugly, but fortunately the game is full of good skins so that the stat swapping is the most important feature to me.

Oh! What are these mysterious 3rd gen legendaries? Very curious as to what they look like, I haven't seen them.

:/Well that's the proof I am not a PvE player. I did confuse PoF as 3rd expac and legendary generations. Of course they are all 2nd gen with optional 2nd and 3rd expac gifts.

Yeah I was just giving you shit, s'all in good fun. :tongue:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Zephyra.4709 said:To acquire a legendary you must first craft the gift of credit card.

This.

As someone who started mine before clovers etc were rewards in WvW (and before the new craftable ones), I ended up just buying gems and converting to gold and buying everything. After that all the others I just bought outright. After all these years playing WvW, I have never gotten a single precursor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I was just curious as a WvW player among other's... How have you guys went about finding a effective enough means to which you like; regarding making Legendary Weapons. I saw the New Greatsword https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exordium and it looks pretty amazing IMO. BTW whoever was behind designing that... You deserve a raise for how amazing that thing looks :+1: Of course though, it will only look best in my mesmer hands for starters ;) lol...

Not sure if you are gw2efficiency user or not but I think this should work if you haven't checked out the requirements yet.https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-90551

Having done some of the crafting generation, yeah have your materials ready first. Also you might be able to stock pile some stuff next week:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/77959/weeklong-bonus-event-meta-event-rush

Good crafting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I was just curious as a WvW player among other's... How have you guys went about finding a effective enough means to which you like; regarding making Legendary Weapons. I saw the New Greatsword
and it looks pretty amazing IMO. BTW whoever was behind designing that... You deserve a raise for how amazing that thing looks :+1: Of course though, it will only look best in my mesmer hands for starters ;) lol...

Not sure if you are gw2efficiency user or not but I think this should work if you haven't checked out the requirements yet.

Having done some of the crafting generation, yeah have your materials ready first. Also you might be able to stock pile some stuff next week:

Good crafting!

I actually got max crafting in everything B) and yes I am familiar with the site :)

Great idea though. That looks like it could really help me out. Thanks :+1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...