WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions.

Ryan.3675

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:People, in general, are a bunch of cheapskates. They will whinge and moan about everything to try to get as much for free as they possibly can. Sorry, but it's pay to play. You don't pay, you don't play.

Anet is a bunch of cheapskates themself when it comes to WvW. No bug fixes. No alliances. No new exclusive rewards. No proper GvG arena.

Only adding powercreep features that destroy the game, which also forcing people to pay for expansion, which also adds 0 good content for WvW'ers.

Amazing how entitled a lot of these players are to go for pushing a p2w service on the game just because they paid for a expansion that had 0 to do with WvW aside from breaking the balance even more.

Owning the mount you already know how much of a disadvantage you are at if you are in combat and other players are running at you on mounts. Not having the powercrept expansion already puts many core classes behind, not having gliding also does the same.

No player should have to purchase PoF in order to have access to a mount in WvW because for one, PoF wasnt a WvW update. The plan to have a mount in PoF for WvW was not a idea either. People are seriously saying that it took anet time and resources to implement a mount in WvW dont understand how weak there argument really is because its a option already in the game that has to be enabled through programming to be used in WvW, it doesnt take much effort, the animations can be done by 1 person, code as well.

If its PvP it needs to keep the field of competition near a certain ratio of fairness. No expansion classes is ok, but no mount is not.

This community never stops disappointing.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Amazing how entitled a lot of these players are to go for pushing a p2w service on the game just because they paid for a expansion that had 0 to do with WvW aside from breaking the balance even more.

Owning the mount you already know how much of a disadvantage you are at if you are in combat and other players are running at you on mounts. Not having the powercrept expansion already puts many core classes behind, not having gliding also does the same.

No player should have to purchase PoF in order to have access to a mount in WvW because for one, PoF wasnt a WvW update. The plan to have a mount in PoF for WvW was not a idea either. People are seriously saying that it took anet time and resources to implement a mount in WvW dont understand how weak there argument really is because its a option already in the game that has to be enabled through programming to be used in WvW, it doesnt take much effort, the animations can be done by 1 person, code as well.

If its PvP it needs to keep the field of competition near a certain ratio of fairness. No expansion classes is ok, but no mount is not.

This community never stops disappointing.

Totally agree that this community never stops disappointing. In game and out of game. It's just absurd how entitled a lot of people or players are to go pushing FREE services that have 0 to do with wvw aside from balancing some mobility issues for other classes.

F2P accounts should also get a button on-screen that they can press once a day to receive 2 gold and 10AP. Not fair that they can't do dailies.

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's not fair that people who paid get such an advantage!

@Etterwyn.5263 said:F2P accounts should also get a button on-screen that they can press once a day to receive 2 gold and 10AP. Not fair that they can't do dailies.

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's not fair that people who paid get such an advantage!

How about we add a feature that gives players extra power in wvw based on the amount of money they spent on the game? One is expansion is nothing compared to what many people spent on the game. Why should people that spent that measly amount on PoF and Hot be on the same level field as those who regularly buy gems. Warclaw was not part of Pof anyway. Only people that spent more than 40 $ in the last 2 months should have it.

@Cuks.8241 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:F2P accounts should also get a button on-screen that they can press once a day to receive 2 gold and 10AP. Not fair that they can't do dailies.

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's
not fair
that people who paid get such an advantage!

How about we add a feature that gives players extra power in wvw based on the amount of money they spent on the game? One is expansion is nothing compared to what many people spent on the game. Why should people that spent that measly amount on PoF and Hot be on the same level field as those who regularly buy gems. Warclaw was not part of Pof anyway. Only people that spent more than 40 $ in the last 2 months should have it.

Cuz those who regularly buy gems for a skin vs POF for a mount or the xpac are poor investors. we shouldn't reward poor investments.

Free to play players don't deserve everything that paying customers do.

You get what you pay for in life and in this game.

Buy Path of Fire, most core classes are not meta for WvW anyway. More groups will want you in their party with an elite specialization.

Having a mount in WvW is a great selling point for Path of Fire and should remain the way it is.

@Cuks.8241 said:

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's
not fair

POF gives access to mounts, just like HOT gives access to gliding. By your reasoning, just because Warclaw wasn't in the game in September 2017, it should be available for everybody. And why would somebody spend $40 on gems instead of $20 for the expansion?

Oh, should core/F2P get Skyscale and Roller Beetle too? Only fair, because they weren't int he game in 2017, right? If I roll my eyes any harder I'll be able to see my brain.

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Out of all the mmo ive played... Gw2 has the cheapest mount system, while keeping rhem unique and interesting. PoF not too expensive even when its not on special have has some awesome content will it

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Free to play players don't deserve everything that paying customers do.

Buy Path of Fire, most core classes are not meta for WvW anyway. More groups will want you in their party with an elite specialization.

Having a mount in WvW is a great selling point for Path of Fire and should remain the way it is.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

not fair

POF gives access to mounts, just like HOT gives access to gliding. By your reasoning, just because Warclaw wasn't in the game in September 2017, it should be available for everybody. And why would somebody spend $40 on gems instead of $20 for the expansion?

Oh, should core/F2P get Skyscale and Roller Beetle too? Only fair, because they weren't int he game in 2017, right? If I roll my eyes any harder I'll be able to see my brain.

They could put flying mounts that drop 1hko bombs for $1000 and I bet you will all think thats perfectly okay.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Out of all the mmo ive played... Gw2 has the cheapest mount system, while keeping rhem unique and interesting. PoF not too expensive even when its not on special have has some awesome content will it

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Free to play players don't deserve everything that paying customers do.

not fair

They could put flying mounts that drop 1hko bombs for $1000 and I bet you will all think thats perfectly okay.

Came back from eso, 2 expansions for $80aus is perfectly fine rather than $250 per year for a craft bag and zero content @iKeostuKen.2738 or should everything be free? Or should anet make like fornite for some reason?

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

not fair

Came back from eso, 2 expansions for $80aus is perfectly fine rather than $250 per year for a craft bag and zero content @iKeostuKen.2738 or should everything be free? Or should anet make like fornite for some reason?

Not sure when a WvW mount meant all the expansion content of the game.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

not fair

Well when i got mine it was pretty much $30 aus each, dirt cheap to unlock most the content.Gotta give the f2p a reason to buy the game (apart from the dirt cheap price).

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:

not fair

Well when i got mine it was pretty much $30 aus each, dirt cheap to unlock most the content.Gotta give the f2p a reason to buy the game (apart from the dirt cheap price).

There reason for purchasing the expansions is because they want to play PoF PvE content or the elite specs.

What other games have you paying real money for 1 mount for PvP which is the only way to obtain it? Not even EA is that scummy.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

not fair

Nope. But if they had a new expansion for $30 that added flying mounts who dropped bombs, I would think that's perfectly okay. That's been their model since GW1. Buy base game for base content, then buy expansions for new content. Absolutely nothing has changed. I'm just going to stop posting in these entitlement threads. It's mentally exhausting.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

not fair

Nope. But if they had a new expansion for $30 that added flying mounts who dropped bombs, I would think that's perfectly okay. That's been their model since GW1. Buy base game for base content, then buy expansions for new content. Absolutely nothing has changed. I'm just going to stop posting in these entitlement threads. It's mentally exhausting.

Sadly with the previous mentality of a lot in this thread, if you pay you deserve to have such a ridiculous advantage and those who dont pay dont understand that this is a business that they are running and should suck it up.

Pretty much flipping the entitlement argument on the ones that think p2w is perfectly ok.

@ParaNoidAndroid.1406 said:If they have Mount licenses, I hope they are temporary. 2 week license for 50 gold, idk. Then, you buy using gems.

Pay for the features. At least this isn't WoW or FFXIV asking money to play every week!

How ridiculous. Have them pay with Honor Points, Memories, WvW Marks, or less then 3 gold. Pick one.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

not fair

Sadly with the previous mentality of a lot in this thread, if you pay you deserve to have such a ridiculous advantage and those who dont pay dont understand that this is a business that they are running and should suck it up.

Pretty much flipping the entitlement argument on the ones that think p2w is perfectly ok.

@ParaNoidAndroid.1406 said:If they have Mount licenses, I hope they are temporary. 2 week license for 50 gold, idk. Then, you buy using gems.

Pay for the features. At least this isn't WoW or FFXIV asking money to play every week!

How ridiculous. Have them pay with Honor Points, Memories, WvW Marks, or less then 3 gold. Pick one.

Entitlement is wanting what the paying customer gets without paying yourself. You want to play the game you need to support the game. Every game requires expac purchase to get expac features.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

not fair

@"ParaNoidAndroid.1406" said:If they have Mount licenses, I hope they are temporary. 2 week license for 50 gold, idk. Then, you buy using gems.

Entitlement is wanting what the paying customer gets without paying yourself. You want to play the game you need to support the game. Every game requires expac purchase to get expac features.

Actually no, cause f2p players arent asking for elite specs, gliding, expansion pack sigils or runes. They are asking for mounts, 1 thing to even the playing field a little more. Thats not entitlement.

Entitlement is on the other hand saying no just because you feel you spent money on something that was never meant to come with the expansion pack and others cant have it.

Players paid for PoF, they didnt pay for warclaw.

Anyways, done making this point. This mode is a sinking ship and will only get worse. Community is actually pushing for P2W saying its "supportiing the company". That's literally the sign of this game mode never getting any better.

You can purchase the expansion with gems. It will take you a long time, but it is possible. I would not recommend trying to do this playing WvW exclusively as it will take years. But this is perfectly possible with most PvE content.

But in all seriousness, free to play players in other game modes like PvP, are idiots to play core classes in Ranked matches.

It's extremely hard to carry any core classes besides thieves and guardians. I would argue that these free to play players ruin Ranked PvP matches in general.

Simply, these players ruin the PvP gaming experience for players that want to win.

In WvW, these free to play players drag their server down and prevent other players from moving up WvW tiers. You should be really happy that you can play WvW and PvP at all with free to play accounts.

If it were up to me, free to play players would only play Unranked PvP and would be isolated on a newbie WvW server by themselves where mounts are excluded for everyone. This would make the most sense honestly.

@"iKeostuKen.2738" said:Players paid for PoF, they didnt pay for warclaw.Again, and so done making this point, players paid for the mounts. They are a feature of PoF and just like we paid for the "free" living story (cost for LS4 included in PoF, just like cost for LS3 was included in HoT and LS1-2 in GW2) we already paid for any "free" content that require the expansion. Its called payment in advance or for a service.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"iKeostuKen.2738" said:Players paid for PoF, they didnt pay for warclaw.Again, and so done making this point, players paid for the mounts. They are a feature of PoF and just like we paid for the "free" living story (cost for LS4 included in PoF, just like cost for LS3 was included in HoT and LS1-2 in GW2) we already paid for any "free" content that require the expansion. Its called payment in advance or for a service.

That would be correct if you knew what you'd be getting ahead of time when you purchased the expansion. But to say you paid in advance for warclaw is bs. It's a WvW exclusive mount with the only thing PoF bringing to WvW is imbalanced elite specs. It wasnt a expansion centered around bringing mounts to WvW, it was strictly a PvE decision.

The fact its behind a p2w wall is poor planning and implementation. Almost feels as though those who say "I paid for it" really need a elite spec + a fast moving, CC immune, 10k shield to have an advantage against f2p core class players. It's pretty pathetic.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Or, you could just get the xpac and be competitive, because F2P accounts do not have elite specs either and are therefore free bags in WvW.

Or they could balance there game, not force players to purchase a expansion for elite specs that are supposed to be choices and not direct upgrades and encourage players to purchase the game for better PvE content and interesting events.

Just a thought.