Fun Dagger/Dagger builds for WvW?

EremiteAngel.9765

what I run (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRMQRBIhduVJHNo2G2XDctB0wxi1gF3B/gpQpAQI7XRFCqBTKA-jVyHAB3pEUMdBIq+jBPAAAOJAKfEAAS5Hv7P8mWhAAHArX9qX9g1Xf91Xf9q+6rv+6rv+6rvepAKS4G-w)

As a reaper, here’s my perspective on group play.

Necromancer is almost ALWAYS the primary target. Use this to your advantage, because your going to be leading the group on positioning....where you go the enemy will go and your allies will follow your enemies. Spectral Grasp is good at bringing all your enemies into one place so that you and your allies can burst aoe them AND control their porsition, rather than your own.

To keep up you need to be able to decide who the primary focus of your target should be. If the enemy group had a fresh air weaver, a scourge and a firebrand, that weaver should be your target.....because one one shot from a weaver will set you back, so being on the weavers nose is how you would position yourself to relieve pressure off teammates.

About dagger mainhand, prior to the changes to locust swarm dagger mainland was very effective at maintaining pressure on a squishy in melle range. But after the change to locust swarm it’s very difficult to stick to a target and gain life force....so even though I still play dagger mainhand, I can no longer recommend it over greatsword.(anet always finds a way to kitten up kitten worse than they were before)

You can try a slightly different variant of my Cele/Grieving Terrormancer build.

The "better" version uses Axe/Dagger instead of Dagger/Dagger. D/D can work with this though since it also has a corrupt (Dark Pact) and the #2 skill will get a bit of a boost with the Healing Power from the Celestial stats.

It isn't really an attrition build but, it has a nice distribution of stats and both it's conditions and power attacks are quite painful. I can get 25 stacks of Vulnerability on a target pretty quickly, and when they get hit with a Life Blast while Feared with that much Vuln it can go anywhere from 6 - 10k per hit. It's a very fun build and quite strong, although being core Necro it does have more than a few difficult match ups. Still, if you're looking for a strong and semi-durable D/D build, this should suffice.

I've seen those two builds before but this one is pretty decent for whatever if you are by yourself doing stuff http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAoY3dnc0At2g12AG3A0bilcBbaIsESCxVxs4YEKA0AWBA-jVRfQBEa/hDq+DA0PoQlgJU538gAArqUVVVSBs7wN-w

Edit: The auto attack from dagger itself makes the build decent enough that you do not really need soul reaping because you will build the life force bar back up before it even comes off of cool down. Lots of healing and perma quickness with diviner gear.

@Methuselah.4376 said:Why would you go D/x for WvW? I am not very experienced in WvW but dagger provides no safety as far as I am aware. Slow as it is, even greatsword affords you some protection in melee range via Nightfall.

I always felt D/D looked cool but rarely used it in WvW.Was just in the mood to give it a go XDSomething refreshing I guess.

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:what I run (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRMQRBIhduVJHNo2G2XDctB0wxi1gF3B/gpQpAQI7XRFCqBTKA-jVyHAB3pEUMdBIq+jBPAAAOJAKfEAAS5Hv7P8mWhAAHArX9qX9g1Xf91Xf9q+6rv+6rv+6rvepAKS4G-w)

Necromancer is almost ALWAYS the primary target. Use this to your advantage, because your going to be leading the group on positioning....where you go the enemy will go and your allies will follow your enemies. Spectral Grasp is good at bringing all your enemies into one place so that you and your allies can burst aoe them AND control their porsition, rather than your own.

To keep up you need to be able to decide who the primary focus of your target should be. If the enemy group had a fresh air weaver, a scourge and a firebrand, that weaver should be your target.....because one one shot from a weaver will set you back, so being on the weavers nose is how you would position yourself to relieve pressure off teammates.

About dagger mainhand, prior to the changes to locust swarm dagger mainland was very effective at maintaining pressure on a squishy in melle range. But after the change to locust swarm it’s very difficult to stick to a target and gain life force....so even though I still play dagger mainhand, I can no longer recommend it over greatsword.(anet always finds a way to kitten up kitten worse than they were before)

Hey thanks for the tips!I would prefer D/D but notice your build has very high crit chance.Would it be better to invest in power?

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:You can try a slightly different variant of my Cele/Grieving Terrormancer build.

The "better" version uses Axe/Dagger instead of Dagger/Dagger. D/D can work with this though since it also has a corrupt (Dark Pact) and the #2 skill will get a bit of a boost with the Healing Power from the Celestial stats.

It isn't really an attrition build but, it has a nice distribution of stats and both it's conditions and power attacks are quite painful. I can get 25 stacks of Vulnerability on a target pretty quickly, and when they get hit with a Life Blast while Feared with that much Vuln it can go anywhere from 6 - 10k per hit. It's a very fun build and quite strong, although being core Necro it does have more than a few difficult match ups. Still, if you're looking for a strong and semi-durable D/D build, this should suffice.

I was toying around with the idea of using Cele too!Have you tried your build in group fights when hard-focused?It looks pretty well-equipped to survive a hard focus with all the spectral utilities though I feel like having a stronger kiting potential might be better.

Which is why I was also tempted to adopt @Helly.2597 Scourge Marshal build for a D/D variant.His is kind of similar in concept to yours I think except glassier but with more healing which I guess would work better for a Scourge.

Ah...I'm kind of torn between using a Scourge or Core for the D/D build because recently I've been really loving the kiting potential of a Scourge with Sand Portal when focused by a few foes. Just pinging back and forth on the portal can buy a lot of time for your allies to help out.Perhaps a Wells + Portal Scourge D/D Marshal or Cele variant?I recall you had a build that focused on Wells healing but I'm not sure how it would work out on a Scourge D/D.

@"Klypto.1703" said:I've seen those two builds before but this one is pretty decent for whatever if you are by yourself doing stuff http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAoY3dnc0At2g12AG3A0bilcBbaIsESCxVxs4YEKA0AWBA-jVRfQBEa/hDq+DA0PoQlgJU538gAArqUVVVSBs7wN-w

Edit: The auto attack from dagger itself makes the build decent enough that you do not really need soul reaping because you will build the life force bar back up before it even comes off of cool down. Lots of healing and perma quickness with diviner gear.

I think this is the most unique build I've seen in a while for a Necro!The high boons duration seems rather good as long as we don't meet a corrupting/stealing boons foe.I've tried a diviners build myself mainly for might stacking but I'm not sure if I would survive in a group fight when hard-focused with this.I would give it a try though because it looks unique and fun =)

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:Why would you go D/x for WvW? I am not very experienced in WvW but dagger provides no safety as far as I am aware. Slow as it is, even greatsword affords you some protection in melee range via Nightfall.

I always felt D/D looked cool but rarely used it in WvW.Was just in the mood to give it a go XDSomething refreshing I guess.

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:what I run (
)

Hey thanks for the tips!I would prefer D/D but notice your build has very high crit chance.Would it be better to invest in power?

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:You can try a slightly different variant of

I was toying around with the idea of using Cele too!Have you tried your build in group fights when hard-focused?It looks pretty well-equipped to survive a hard focus with all the spectral utilities though I feel like having a stronger kiting potential might be better.

Which is why I was also tempted to adopt @Helly.2597 Scourge Marshal build for a D/D variant.His is kind of similar in concept to yours I think except glassier but with more healing which I guess would work better for a Scourge.

Ah...I'm kind of torn between using a Scourge or Core for the D/D build because recently I've been really loving the kiting potential of a Scourge with Sand Portal when focused by a few foes. Just pinging back and forth on the portal can buy a lot of time for your allies to help out.Perhaps a Wells + Portal Scourge D/D Marshal or Cele variant?I recall you had a build that focused on Wells healing but I'm not sure how it would work out on a Scourge D/D.

@"Klypto.1703" said:I've seen those two builds before but this one is pretty decent for whatever if you are by yourself doing stuff

I think this is the most unique build I've seen in a while for a Necro!The high boons duration seems rather good as long as we don't meet a corrupting/stealing boons foe.I've tried a diviners build myself mainly for might stacking but I'm not sure if I would survive in a group fight when hard-focused with this.I would give it a try though because it looks unique and fun =)

67% crit chance is essentially crit cap in worst case scenario environment, where fury and any other buffs aren’t around. I think it’s best to build this way since you never know when you will or won’t have buffs. In terms of damage I’m pretty sure reaching crit cap increases your damage more than power. You’ll also notice I no longer use dumpling food for might. The reason for this is because if you stack enough damage mods, might just becomes corruption fodder and without boon duration it becomes more difficult to stack...not to mention the change to locust swarm makes it more difficult to stack might in this manner.

As for the diviner build, I usto run something similar, and it was also very good at the time...however after the changes to Soul Reaping, it became harder and harder to keep boons up (specifically talking about spectral armor trait change, and dropping CTTB(stability) for Norn Elite, and the loss of effectiveness in dumpling food due to locust swarm change) and so now the only real benefit you get from concentration is for quickness...at that point it just kinda outwiegths it’s worth in value.

MH-Dagger and smallscale doesn't work. Even if you try to mimic Nightfall with Well of Darkness you won't get far. And that GS5, stow weapon, GS2 combo is your bread and butter burst to decimate multiple targets.

On top of that you're losing the on-the-fly heals of Soul Eater (GS is hitting harder = more heals).

Soul Eater / Onslaught / GS is so good that Marauder Reaper is finally viable in smallscale (was always hitting hard, but had serious sustain problems for years).

Don't bother finding viable Dagger builds. It's a waste of time (unfortunately). On Power Core and Power Scourge I'd go for Staff + Axe.

edit: LF generation on D/D is horribly low. Big sustain impact!

@KrHome.1920 said:MH-Dagger and smallscale doesn't work. Even if you try to mimic Nightfall with Well of Darkness you won't get far. And that GS5, stow weapon, GS2 combo is your bread and butter burst to decimate multiple targets.

On top of that you're losing the on-the-fly heals of Soul Eater (GS is hitting harder = more heals).

Soul Eater / Onslaught / GS is so good that Marauder Reaper is finally viable in smallscale (was always hitting hard, but had serious sustain problems for years).

Don't bother finding viable Dagger builds. It's a waste of time (unfortunately). On Power Core and Power Scourge I'd go for Staff + Axe.

edit: LF generation on D/D is horribly low. Big sustain impact!

omgosh I just tried Soul Eater and you're right.The healing is insane.I went from 10% HP to 100% just pulling off a few big hits on a group of enemies in shroud =/

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:MH-Dagger and smallscale doesn't work. Even if you try to mimic Nightfall with Well of Darkness you won't get far. And that GS5, stow weapon, GS2 combo is your bread and butter burst to decimate multiple targets.

edit:
LF generation on D/D is horribly low. Big sustain impact!

omgosh I just tried Soul Eater and you're right.The healing is insane.I went from 10% HP to 100% just pulling off a few big hits on a group of enemies in shroud =/

Try hitting a ambient white creature while low with souleater equipped