[VIDEO] Skyscale Ascending the Durmand Priory

@"bOTEB.1573" said:"I can't see anything but hovering that the Skyscale can do better than my Bunny and Griffon"

It's its only mechanic that isn't clunky. And after leveling the Mastery, even that one becomes a pain due to the exhaustion "feature."

Climbing one object in the game with its clunky mechanics doesn't make it worthwhile. ;) I never said its concept was bad, just the current status quo of the execution. There is plenty of room for improvements.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Nosedive down with the Griffon!

Nausea incoming! :p

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:"I can't see anything but hovering that the Skyscale can do better than my Bunny and Griffon"

It's its only mechanic that isn't clunky. And after leveling the Mastery, even that one becomes a pain due to the exhaustion "feature."

Climbing one object in the game with its clunky mechanics doesn't make it worthwhile. ;) I never said its concept was bad, just the current status quo of the execution. There is plenty of room for improvements.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Nosedive down with the Griffon!

Nausea incoming! :p

The way I see it we have 2 fast mounts (roller and griff) 1 horizontal jumper, 1 verticle jumper, and 1 special teleporter (jakal) and one low hover mount (skimmer). With SKyscale we now have a climber/high altitude hover type. Griff is highly responsive already. Its a nice change of pace for a more calmly calculated approach to terrain traversal.

@Irreverent.3594 said:

@Ports Are Us.4369 said:Its a nice change of pace for a more calmly calculated approach to terrain traversal.

Perfect Skyscale description.

But it's a shame the mount is quite useless for normal gameplay. Yes, some enjoy sight-seeing and taking their sweet time to explore the area, but for most part you have to get from A to B fast - and that's where the Skyscale fails and you will always arrive last when in a squad.

I hope they will either remove exhaustion or change the rules for involuntary descent or make it ascend/descend faster. One of the three would already make for a huge improvement.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ports Are Us.4369 said:Its a nice change of pace for a more calmly calculated approach to terrain traversal.

But it's a shame the mount is quite useless for normal gameplay. Yes, some enjoy sight-seeing and taking their sweet time to explore the area, but for most part you have to get from A to B fast - and that's where the Skyscale fails and you will always arrive last when in a squad.

I hope they will either remove exhaustion or change the rules for involuntary descent or make it ascend/descend faster. One of the three would already make for a huge improvement.

Which is faster, hovering and observing a cliff face to find the best path up, or jumping up blind with the bunny multiple times hoping to randomly land somewhere viable? After only a few days, there have been many times the Skyscale has got me to places that would have been hard to find or reach using other travel methods.

Skyscale can be faster than bunny+griffon or just griffon depending on the terrain. Essentially there will be situations where all the various mounts will be faster at any given point.

You also have to consider the time saved by not switching mounts. I have to also note that skyscale to griffon is a great combo. If they fix bond of faith causing skyscale to sink like a rock after using it then Im sure griff to skyscale will be great as well.

A suggestion I would have that would alleviate the worries of spamming bof would be to allow only 1 or 2 stacks or bof to replenish the skyscales flight meter before touching down on land. That way it just can't be endlessly spammed between griffon and skyscale.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

What if a to b isnt a straight line?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

But it's a shame the mount is quite useless for normal gameplay.

Just yell dracaris when you are about to use the engage skill to get damage amplification from it, voilá - super useful and fun for normal gameplay.