IS mirage gonna replace Chronomancer on group pve content?

Mister Asdasd.6194

Sorry if this question will sound stupid for long time mesmer players but i want to invest in a Chronomancer for fractals since i am tired of trying to find groups with my Druid, it seems like everyone has one nowadays and the first person to join a group asking for cps,dps chrono and druid is a druid, i was searching lfg for 5 minutes but couldnt find a team with no druid in it and since i really like support roles i was thinking of making a chronomancer. I also had a ps warrior(not really full support but whatever) but since cPS is all the rage now and mine is a power GS one i had to ditch him from fractals since people kept crying that i wasnt cPS although they didnt request it. I started to really appreciate Chronomancer when i roamed with him to get Hero points for mirage and i want to gear him up with ascended. I cant really understand what mirage wants to be. To me it looks like a mesmer v 2.0. I dont know if mirage gives alacrity quickness etc and does more damage than chrono. I personally think it wont replace him but i want some opinions from seasoned mesmer players

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Mirage is more of a dps thing elsewhere Chrono is still the best support for its quickness and alacrity

great! any suggestions on gear stats? i heard people saying commander,weapons are of course sword and shield as main but what about secondary? would gs be ok for some range?

Assuming you're talking about Chronomancer, you can either do Berserker with Commander Coat, Leggings, and Amulet mixed in, augment by Runes of Leadership, or Commander Armor, Weapons, and Amulet augmented by Runes of the Firebrand.

Secondary weapon should either another off-hand weapon, i.e. Focus, Sword, or Pistol. For the majority of the time, you want to be in melee range to gain the most benefit from your Wells, so Greatsword doesn't really work.

Sword/Shield + /FocusHave an extra Sword handy for /Sword, although you'll rarely be using it.

The goal is to reach as high Boon Duration as possible (aim for 100% Boon Duration). You can require less Concentration by running Sigil of Concentration, Firebrand or Leadership Runes, and using Nopalitos Sauce, Candy Corn Cactus Loaf, or Chocolate Omnomberry Cream with Maintenance Oils.

Keep in mind, for Fractals, you can get Concentration via Mist Mobility Potions, allowing you to run slightly less Concentration than in other PvE content.

Archived