[SUGGESTION] Dragonrider title

So now that we have our own dragon... well, technically the second one, I guess... could we have a title to go with it, please? :)Nothing would scream more EPIC than a "Dragonrider" written under the name of a person literally riding a dragon! <3

@NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:So long as either 'Dragon Rider' by Two Steps From Hell or 'Test Drive' from the HTTYD soundtracks plays alongside it, I'm game.

Just kidding, I'm game anyways. I'll provide my own music if I have to.

Now I’m thinking about the ability to play HTTYD soundtracks from in game while flying... obviously music that other people own can never appear in the game, but I’ll definitely be flying on my skyscale to that track played in another tab a lot

@"Shade.8971" said:Speaking of hard earned titles. Can the new armor get a title? Would make it worth getting those "great" tier 2 ones.

They deliberately avoid titles or AP (or both) for certain achievements, to reduce the (self-imposed) pressure on players that accompanies such things. That's why there's not even 1 AP for finishing Astral or Stellar weapon sets, why all the AP for Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is awarded before you craft the ascended variety, and why they probably won't add a title for the new armor. Probably.

@"Fundor.2098" said:So now that we have our own dragon... well, technically the second one, I guess... could we have a title to go with it, please? :)Nothing would scream more EPIC than a "Dragonrider" written under the name of a person literally riding a dragon! <3

Only you are not riding a Dragon.You are riding a Skyscale. It's explained in the story that they are different species.

Should they give you the title "Bullrider" for riding your Spinger?

Yes please! I'd love a Dragon Rider title!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Along with the title, 'Dragonrider', if we could only name our Skyscale. Pern, perhaps? :wink:

My skyscale is already called Alzaranth. :D I know we can't actually put it in the game anywhere, but all my mounts have names.

(There is a story behind that specific name, but I'm waiting until I've actually unlocked it and can get the illustrative screenshots to tell it.)

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Fundor.2098" said:So now that we have our own dragon... well, technically the second one, I guess... could we have a title to go with it,
please
? :)Nothing would scream more
EPIC
than a "Dragonrider" written under the name of a person literally riding a dragon! <3

Only you are not riding a Dragon.You are riding a Skyscale. It's explained in the story that they are different species.

Should they give you the title "Bullrider" for riding your Spinger?

Sorry, my mistake!The commander has thus far only ridden on a subspecies of dragons called Skyscales and

! a current Elder Dragon!So you're right, they probably wouldn't qualify for the title. :bleep_bloop:

Also, I'd love people calling me "Bunnyrider" for riding my springer! <3

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Shade.8971" said:Speaking of hard earned titles. Can the new armor get a title? Would make it worth getting those "great" tier 2 ones.

They deliberately avoid titles or AP (or both) for certain achievements, to reduce the (self-imposed) pressure on players that accompanies such things. That's why there's not even 1 AP for
finishing
Astral or Stellar weapon sets, why all the AP for Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is awarded
before
you craft the ascended variety, and why they probably won't add a title for the new armor. Probably.

Funny thing is, for me anyways, Titles are what attracts me to achievements, not AP.

While collecting S4 currency for Skyscale I unlocked the Honorary Olmakhan achievement which rewards the title The Hunter. Didn't know that achievement was there before, didn't much care about 5AP, but once I saw that title, I was spawn camping those beasts!

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

They deliberately avoid titles or AP (or both) for certain achievements, to reduce the (self-imposed) pressure on players that accompanies such things. That's why there's not even 1 AP for
finishing
Astral or Stellar weapon sets, why all the AP for Heroic Dragonsblood weapons is awarded
before
you craft the ascended variety, and why they probably won't add a title for the new armor. Probably.

Funny thing is, for me anyways, Titles are what attracts me to achievements, not AP.

While collecting S4 currency for Skyscale I unlocked the Honorary Olmakhan achievement which rewards the title The Hunter. Didn't know that achievement was there before, didn't much care about 5AP, but once I saw that title, I was spawn camping those beasts!

As I understand it, it's either/or: they don't want people to feel that they have to invest in everything just to get all the cool titles. So taming the skyscale? Sure, since that's already something that people are working on. Completing the unlocks to being able to craft Heroic Dragonsblood? Also good. They stopped short of granting more XP or another title for making 15 more ascended weapons.

@"Jojo.6140" said:There is already the title "Ruler of the Skies" to earn once you acquired the skyscale. Its just that the sub-achievements for that are currently bugged.

Looks like the "Ruler of Skies" was removed in todays patch. :open_mouth:

Like "Suicide Watch" for having fallen to your death 50 times in WvW when you jump off a cliff to glide away right as the keep flips? I'm sure that has never happened to anyone besides myself...

@Fundor.2098 said:

@"Jojo.6140" said:There is already the title "Ruler of the Skies" to earn once you acquired the skyscale. Its just that the sub-achievements for that are currently bugged.

Looks like the "Ruler of Skies" was removed in todays patch. :open_mouth:

Oh well, thats one way to fix the bug i guess :(