Support Spec Gear?

We all know making Minstrel's is very pricey.. but is there a possible combination to mix from badge gear in wvw for example?Perhaps mixing Cleric's with Knight's?

I'm kinda at a loss and wanted to experiment with support firebrand or even scrapper but making these armors is out of the question for me currently, I lack all the supplies lol

Any info on what to combine would be really helpful and appreciated.

That depends entirely on what stats from minstrel you actually care about. Plaguedoctor is probably closest but has less healing but more vitality and more offensive by replacing the toughness with condition damage. You could also mix harrier, magi, giver and cleric

You can also get exotic minstrel from the various reward track gear or get a full set of triumphant armor

@Khisanth.2948 said:That depends entirely on what stats from minstrel you actually care about. Plaguedoctor is probably closest but has less healing but more vitality and more offensive by replacing the toughness with condition damage. You could also mix harrier, magi, giver and cleric

You can also get exotic minstrel from the various reward track gear or get a full set of triumphant armor

That's helpful though not entirely sure. It would be a support firebrand type build for wvw is what I was thinking, but it was mostly just in general finding some good support stuff to help a group.

EDIT: Ah my mistake, assumed minstrel for raids.

The Firebrand build is under metabattle: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Support_Firebrand

The suggestions for gear are there too:Stats

Giver's can be an easier stat to obtain stat in place of Minstrel's but loses effective health.Cleric's can be used to add healing power at the cost of boon support and personal sustain.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:EDIT: Ah my mistake, assumed minstrel for raids.

The Firebrand build is under metabattle: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Support_Firebrand

The suggestions for gear are there too:Stats

Giver's can be an easier stat to obtain stat in place of Minstrel's but loses effective health.Cleric's can be used to add healing power at the cost of boon support and personal sustain.

Thanks! Helps out tons. :D

if you play wvw, and want to use wvw as a source to gear up....

then why not do the triumphant armor reward track 6 times?that gives you exotics in the end chest (which happen to be the prec to ascended variant, and those ascended vraiant is the prec to legendary)

just pick the stats you want, and call it a day

When I'm just starting out a new 80 support character, I like to pick up a set of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal%27s_armor immediately. It's pretty inexpensive on the TP (less than 2g per piece) and comes with the Marshal prefix (Power, Condi, Precision, Healing Power). And depending on the build I get different jewelry. Giver's (the snowflake stuff) if I need the +Concentration or Cleric's if I don't.