Required Story Achievements

To get the final piece of Corsair gear (the boots), you need to finish 18 achievements for War Eternal. Unfortunately the list of accepted achievements is EXACTLY 18 long, and includes 2 within the story, requiring players to replay 2 very long instances with instant fail conditions. Please add some alternative, non-instanced achievements to this list. Being forced to replay instances with over 15min of content BEFORE the part where you can get the achievements. And again both of them are instantly failable with a single pixel worth of mistake, forcing you to go through the ENTIRE instance all over again to get another chance to try. This is not appreciated. Give us some alternatives to doing these instances over and over.

I think you're overstating both the time commitment required per trial and the difficulty of getting the cheeves BUT you do have a point that this does feel a little inconsistent with previous meta cheeves. I feel like they usually have a little leeway like 'finish 18 of these 20' and don't normally include the 'challenge' story cheeves but I could be wrong and it's not really important enough to me to look up rn . . .

But I do agree that this ep's meta cheeve does have a little bit of a different feel to it, specifics aside . . .

Yes you have to do all the achievements, but I don't consider them to be that insanely difficult compared to older AP from like S2. Though the ones in the story really has problems. Defeating 10 weakpoints AND avoid all the traps both require restarting the entire instance if you fail in any split second. Colossal time wasters that involve waiting than actually doing.

@Gop.8713 said:But I do agree that this ep's meta cheeve does have a little bit of a different feel to it, specifics aside . . .

A different feel AND they are worth a ton of AP in total!

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:To get the final piece of Corsair gear (the boots), you need to finish 18 achievements for War Eternal. Unfortunately the list of accepted achievements is EXACTLY 18 long, and includes 2 within the story, requiring players to replay 2 very long instances with instant fail conditions. Please add some alternative, non-instanced achievements to this list. Being forced to replay instances with over 15min of content BEFORE the part where you can get the achievements. And again both of them are instantly failable with a single pixel worth of mistake, forcing you to go through the ENTIRE instance all over again to get another chance to try. This is not appreciated. Give us some alternatives to doing these instances over and over.

Just a btw, but if you simply complete the corresponding reward track for any living world season 4 episode in either WvW or PvP, you will be allowed to choose the appropriate armor piece.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Yes you have to do all the achievements, but I don't consider them to be that insanely difficult compared to older AP from like S2. Though the ones in the story really has problems. Defeating 10 weakpoints AND avoid all the traps both require restarting the entire instance if you fail in any split second. Colossal time wasters that involve waiting than actually doing.You can pick 'replay dragonflight for cheeves' to replay only the weakpoints. The other one does require the whole instance but there are traps to avoid through the whole instance so that does make sense. Plus it's likely to require fewer attempts than the weakpoints . . .

@Gop.8713 said:But I do agree that this ep's meta cheeve does have a little bit of a different feel to it, specifics aside . . .

Above average for the season but well below ep5 which was the real jackpot . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Yes you have to do all the achievements, but I don't consider them to be that insanely difficult compared to older AP from like S2. Though the ones in the story really has problems. Defeating 10 weakpoints AND avoid all the traps both require restarting the entire instance if you fail in any split second. Colossal time wasters that involve waiting than actually doing.You can pick 'replay dragonflight for cheeves' to replay only the weakpoints. The other one does require the whole instance but there are traps to avoid through the whole instance so that does make sense. Plus it's likely to require fewer attempts than the weakpoints . . .

Does picking "replay dragonflight for cheeves" mean they get to go back into the instance from the beginning? Or is there a mote that takes you immediately back at the beginning of the flight sequence without waiting several minutes for dialogue and cutscenes to end?

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Yes you have to do all the achievements, but I don't consider them to be that insanely difficult compared to older AP from like S2. Though the ones in the story really has problems. Defeating 10 weakpoints AND avoid all the traps both require restarting the entire instance if you fail in any split second. Colossal time wasters that involve waiting than actually doing.You can pick 'replay dragonflight for cheeves' to replay only the weakpoints. The other one does require the whole instance but there are traps to avoid through the whole instance so that does make sense. Plus it's likely to require fewer attempts than the weakpoints . . .

Does picking "replay dragonflight for cheeves" mean they get to go back into the instance from the beginning? Or is there a mote that takes you immediately back at the beginning of the flight sequence without waiting several minutes for dialogue and cutscenes to end?

I think there are several checkpoints but there’s one that start right when you’re flying on Aurene.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Above average for the season but well below ep5 which was the real jackpot . . .

There is a lot more AP here than from E5.

I'm looking at 353 vs 238 for 5 and 6 respectively. Which ap are you referring to . . ?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I think there are several checkpoints but there’s one that start right when you’re flying on Aurene.

This is correct. You just replay the flying sequence until you get it, nbd . . .

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:To get the final piece of Corsair gear (the boots), you need to finish 18 achievements for War Eternal. Unfortunately the list of accepted achievements is EXACTLY 18 long, and includes 2 within the story, requiring players to replay 2 very long instances with instant fail conditions. Please add some alternative, non-instanced achievements to this list. Being forced to replay instances with over 15min of content BEFORE the part where you can get the achievements. And again both of them are instantly failable with a single pixel worth of mistake, forcing you to go through the ENTIRE instance all over again to get another chance to try. This is not appreciated. Give us some alternatives to doing these instances over and over.

Just a btw, but if you simply complete the corresponding reward track for any living world season 4 episode in either WvW or PvP, you will be allowed to choose the appropriate armor piece.

More people need to see this!

You can complete a single WvW or PvP reward track to get the skin instead of doing all achievements!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

More people need to see this!

You can complete a single WvW or PvP reward track to get the skin instead of doing all achievements!

I think for a lot of ppl it's not just about the skin, maybe not even partially about the skin. Lots of ppl just like to complete or finish things, and while there is a ton to do in this game and finishing all of it isn't likely to appeal to any one person, the story things have always been designed to appeal to a broad audience of players . . .

Yes, I thought it was odd that they made the requirements so strict compared to other episodes, and that none of the Skyscale achievements count towards the meta. Considering that was one of the main draws of the episode, I don't understand their exclusion.