Core Build WvW Week?

TheGrimm.5624

Would be surprised if they're able to lock out elite specs.It would probably be disruptive as well to do so, as playing core builds would probably require gear changes since some classes play differently from the elite builds.

I also have to wonder now if wvw will ever get the same rewards as pve, as the pve side is getting access to some highly valued items, meanwhile wvw has already had multiple events before and have not been offered rewards anywhere near those, is that even going to change for future wvw events?

I imagine they would do a core week just for fun, so changing stats wouldn't really be necessary unless it's srs biznes. It's just a week to have for fun is all, if it is happening at all.As for rewards, I wouldn't mind. I wonder what a wvw aura infusion they would come up with.

As cool as it sounds, it excludes a lot of playstyles/build that people like and are comfortable with so it would cause more outrage/disappointment than the "no downed state" week.I myself play a core ranger build because I like it more than Soulbeast (haven't even unlocked it) and it works well with my play style. I would probably not play WvW if they made an "Elite spec only week".Just my 2 cents

Let's not all get ahead of ourselves with the rampant speculation here . . .

Wait for them to fully announce the complete details of the bonus week, there will be plenty of time for everyone to proclaim their outrage and disappointment then . . .

@Gop.8713 said:Let's not all get ahead of ourselves with the rampant speculation here . . .

Wait for them to fully announce the complete details of the bonus week, there will be plenty of time for everyone to proclaim their outrage and disappointment then . . .

True, but since they are listening to feedback good to gauge now interest in it or not. Am concerned about people respecing for it or if they have a plan for that if that is the direction they were thinking.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:They already said they won't do events restricted to expansions, so you can safely rule that one out. It will be a fresh experience anyway, and it only lasts a week.

It's not restricted to expansions though. It's not like they're forcing HoT classes only. Every player has access to the core game, so everyone can still play.

Edit: never mind, I see you were responding to:

@"GaijinGuy.8476" said:I myself play a core ranger build because I like it more than Soulbeast (haven't even unlocked it) and it works well with my play style. I would probably not play WvW if they made an "Elite spec only week".

Rev is a real problem as it lacks the ability to stand on its own for the most part and some of its skills are way over powered when compare to the core classes.

Its odd to Rev is both OP and UP as a core class anet never realty fixed this or even looked at the old core classes when they added HoT and PoF.

It would be a fun week to start with but the meta will still be meta and you will find massive drop off of classes by the end of the week.

@Helly.2597 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Warrior, guardian, necro and thief week.

Also wasn't Hobo's Condi Hybrid Rev build core as well?

Shhh :#

I can only speak of it because I was on the receiving end of a face-melting mace smash :scream:

I'm actually curious about running Hammer Rev with Retribution line, Dwarf/Jalis, though oddly Versed in Stone seems unnecessary in the absence of Scourges, but anyways.

I demand that everyone play the way I want them to! Core skills only! I refuse to learn and adapt to the various and creative ways people make their builds so I demand that they be limited! Please, please anet, make it easier for me to use my build and make harder for those who don't play the way I do to gear up and learn to play my way!