Which Thief spec is like traditional MMO Rogue?

Patkus.9178

I can't decide which spec to main. I love the rogue archetype in most MMOs but Gw2 has a weird take on rogues/assassins.There's Daredevil which uses staff which I kinda don't like and then there's Deadeye which is kinda like a sniper (there's a d/d build) that I somewhat like but has less mobility which I also don't like. I'm torn and need help.I'm mostly a PvE player but I also dabble in some WvW (mostly roaming).

@Patkus.9178 said:I can't decide which spec to main. I love the rogue archetype in most MMOs but Gw2 has a weird take on rogues/assassins.There's Daredevil which uses staff which I kinda don't like and then there's Deadeye which is kinda like a sniper (there's a d/d build) that I somewhat like but has less mobility which I also don't like. I'm torn and need help.I'm mostly a PvE player but I also dabble in some WvW (mostly roaming).

If u want rogue/assassin thats pvp/wvw. for pve DrD Staff or Deadeye double daggers are best. Besides.. i always played DrD and never ever used staff so.. yea.. u dont have to use it if u dont like it. For top dps pve u ought to use staff tho. If u r just messing around in open world pve... anythin works. I for example always loved D/P and back in the day D/D was very roguish. I doubt u'll have success with D/D tho those days are kinda over. D/P DrD/SA/Trickery might be fun i guess.. but every1 just swaps SA with Deadly arts. And who are we kiddin anyway... daredevil is dead since 600range steal change. Might as well go Mesmer lol.

None of them do. The closest thing is power d/d. Back Stab along with most melee spike damage has been nerfed.Power Mesmer weirdly enough reflects more of a rogue than thief does when it comes to ambush attacks out of stealth. Sure d/d will make it all look about right, but nope, it feels more like a rogue that's been defanged. This game is casual and people don't know how stealth works so the stealth assassin element of thief was stripped away.