Vision Effects bug

@trouble.3562 said:I noticed yep. I died and i have no aura/orbs at all.

Precisely! I ran into this for the first time today. I died and lost my Aurora FX's upon re-spawning. I had to unequip it and re-equip it to get Aurora's aura and swirling balls to reappear.

Anet,

Please investigate this issue of losing the FX's of Aurora and/or Vision upon death/downstate and patch it. Even though there is a work-around that the player can employ -- unequip/re-equip each time you die -- that's a real pain in the behind especially with these items being Legendary. (We already have to swap Aurora and Vision between characters because we cannot make duplicates. :anguished:)

Thanks!

After today's patch, the display issues have gotten worse for me. Even removing both Aurora and Vision and re-equipping them does not fix the display issues. While both are equipped, the display is grey/black and white. If I remove Vision, the Aurora animates like Vision. If I remove both, the animation appears as intended. It is really irritating to have the animations so glitched.

https://imgur.com/a/aItmc6z

@"Zushada.6108" said:After today's patch, the display issues have gotten worse for me. Even removing both Aurora and Vision and re-equipping them does not fix the display issues. While both are equipped, the display is grey/black and white. If I remove Vision, the Aurora animates like Vision. If I remove both, the animation appears as intended. It is really irritating to have the animations so glitched.

https://imgur.com/a/aItmc6z

The best part is clones have the right effects, so Mesmers are now instantly recognizable in spvp/wvw. It doesn't even matter if you put all your trinkets in the bank, your clones won't match you.

ANET,

I've run some tests and in conjunction with what others have said, I think I understand what's happening:

After the June 11th Patch:Once you equip a Legendary Trinket onto a character:

That toon is now BUGGED and...

A) If that toon removes ALL legendary trinkets - the 1 Legendary Trinket FX are displayed. (AKA - the White Orbs FX)B ) If that toon equips ONE legendary trinket - the 2 Legendary Trinket FX are displayed (AKA - the Light Purple Lava Lamp/Cells FX)C) If that toon equips Two legendary trinkets - the 3 Legendary Trinket FX are displayed (AKA - the Oily Rock in a Circle with white lines connecting to Orbs)

Hope this helps, and I hope it's a simple fix. Thanks! :smile:

@"Krew.3081" said:No No No, you guys aren't listening. This literally DOESN'T show the effect of Aurora. That is the bug I'm referring to. I have to reequip the item JUST to SEE the glowing effects.

That was the bug pre-June 11th's patch, which hit 2 hours ago.Now, I believe the on-death/re-equipped bug may be fixed based on my testing immediately after the patch hit; however, Anet opened up a whole new "can of worms" when fixing it, which is what folks are discussing now.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:I get the C with just aurora. Oily rock with white lines connected to orbs

I'm guessing you don't have Vision unlocked based on what I read in another thread. So if you have just Aurora unlocked and you equip Aurora, you get the 3 Legendary Trinket FX (so it seems). Dang!

I am working on Vision.

Ok, and that makes sense that you're experiencing "C" when equipping Aurora w/o Vision unlocked. Another person who also only has Aurora unlocked mentioned that he/she thought Anet gave Aurora a new "look" because they, like you, are experiencing "C."

Yeah, it's pretty jacked-up at the moment. Hopefully, Anet fixes it soon.

Bugs aside, can we talk about how ugly the multi-trinket effect is? It makes me really glad I will never complete Coalescence, because "oily blob in an orb above my head" does not describe an aesthetic I want on any of my characters. My char is showing that animation right now and I had to check to make sure it wasn't a permanent update to Aurora because I'd be taking it off instantly.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:Bugs aside, can we talk about how ugly the multi-trinket effect is? It makes me really glad I will never complete Coalescence, because "oily blob in an orb above my head" does not describe an aesthetic I want on any of my characters. My char is showing that animation right now and I had to check to make sure it wasn't a permanent update to Aurora because I'd be taking it off instantly.

QFT...hahahaha! :lol:I agree with you wholeheartedly! Maybe some folks will like the 3 Leggie Trinket FX, but, man... it's not my cup of tea. (Seeing it makes it easier for me to pass on the ring. :wink:)

Per the Updated Patch Notes released moments ago:
"Fixed an issue in which the incorrect effect could be displayed on a character wearing a legendary trinket or ring."

I tested it on both my toons that were having the BUGGED FX, and they are indeed displaying the correct Legendary Trinket FX based on having:A ) Zero Legendary Trinkets equippedB ) One Legendary Trinket equipped... andC ) Two Legendary Trinkets equipped!

Also, upon dying, I do NOT have to un-equip/re-equip my Legendary trinkets to get the FX to resume. So they fixed this bug as well. :smiley:

Thank you, Anet! WELL DONE! :+1:

Except it seems to be re-bugged with the latest hotfix. My Dragonhunter, who does not have any legendary trinkets equipped, has the Vision Aurora effect when wielding weapons. Am I somehow unique, or is QA totally borked?

EDIT: I confirmed in game that others could see the effect on me, so it is not just me seeing it on my character. And it persists through map change.

Additional edit: My Scourge, who has both Vision and Aurora equipped has the correct effect (wobbly bubbles --- wubbles??).