The Mystic Forge event in Lion’s Arch

So as I understand it the "event" suddenly happened. So I missed the achievement points that I could have had. However, ANET says I'll have a "chance" to get them throughout the time this is running. I find this laughable.First - We have to be logged in and in LA to even know it's up.
Second - for those of us who aren't on Twitter this is an unfair event. We don't know when it will happen to have a chance at these points.Third - The event was bugged to begin with.
Fourth - there really needs to be a longer duration and it needs to be communicated through other than Twitter that it is up.

@Player.9621 said:was there an event?

@Ashen.2907 said:....Event?

There was a vague note in the patch notes about an event to do with the forge.

Turns out it was about donating mats to a dodgy NPC and that would unlock a new recipe in the forge. There were achievement points too.

It’ll return, fixed with the same achievements for a second round and a new weapon recipe to unlock

These recipes remain perma unlocked but hidden so the community needs to figure out what is in the recipe by the usual trial and error

@"Heibi.4251" said:So as I understand it the "event" suddenly happened. So I missed the achievement points that I could have had. However, ANET says I'll have a "chance" to get them throughout the time this is running. I find this laughable.First - We have to be logged in and in LA to even know it's up.

Second - for those of us who aren't on Twitter this is an unfair event. We don't know when it will happen to have a chance at these points.Third - The event was bugged to begin with.

Fourth - there really needs to be a longer duration and it needs to be communicated through other than Twitter that it is up.

I agree.

I obviously misunderstood Rubi Bayer's post. After re-reading it, I am getting the impression that those will be new events, not the same one, and that the removal of this one and its length were intentional and not due to some bug that forced them to end it prematurely. Bummer, I wanted to witness the ending dialogue to see what it was about storywise.

@"Heibi.4251" said:So as I understand it the "event" suddenly happened. So I missed the achievement points that I could have had. However, ANET says I'll have a "chance" to get them throughout the time this is running. I find this laughable.First - We have to be logged in and in LA to even know it's up.

If the event was bugged to begin with, as you say, then how are the rest of your gripes even relevant?

But, you do use the forums, yes?

"We’re working on the second of these events now and will be sure to let you know when it’s live here on the forum and on Twitter."

@Teon.5168 said:

If the event was bugged to begin with, as you say, then how are the rest of your gripes even relevant?

I don't understand how you failed to see other reasons are relevant. How is "Anet only talk about this event on twitter and nowhere else" problem not relevant?

@Ultramex.1506 said:

I don't understand how you failed to see other reasons are relevant. How is "Anet only talk about this event on twitter and nowhere else" problem not relevant?

Well, if it's bugged, then why even do it? Also, I was being a bit sarcastic....wish they had an emoji to indicate that. :)

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Player.9621 said:was there an event?

@Ashen.2907 said:....Event?

There was a vague note in the patch notes about an event to do with the forge.

Turns out it was about donating mats to a dodgy NPC and that would unlock a new recipe in the forge. There were achievement points too.

It’ll return, fixed with the same achievements for a second round and a new weapon recipe to unlock

These recipes remain perma unlocked but hidden so the community needs to figure out what is in the recipe by the usual trial and error

Thanks!

The biggest thing is it seems the event is during the late morning early afternoon. So anyone who works during the day or is not living in NA misses out on these events and achievements. Unless these events run every few hours, but I haven't seen them say it will, just keep tabs on twitter which I don't have.

@"Gop.8713" said:The duration of the event seems like the biggest problem. You need to donate 6500 units for all the ap and that's really kind of a lot to ask for something that has such a small window of opportunity . . .

Has the event ended? If not what units should we donate?

EDIT: Found ithttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_the_scientist_unlock_Mystic_Forge_secrets

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"Gop.8713" said:The duration of the event seems like the biggest problem. You need to donate 6500 units for all the ap and that's really kind of a lot to ask for something that has such a small window of opportunity . . .

Has the event ended? If not what units should we donate?

EDIT: Found it

It's recurring, but the first one only lasted a few hours. I imagine future ones will last longer only bc fewer ppl will be interested in finishing it. Still, if it doesn't run for at least a day I'm not sure it's a good idea . . .

@Teon.5168 said:

Relevant because even if the next events aren't bugged, they are to short and not well announced. You have to log into the forums or twitter to even know they are on. Even if you are in the game you will not know it's going on.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

But, you
do
use the forums, yes?

"We’re working on the second of these events now and will be sure to let you know when it’s live here on the
forum
and on Twitter."

You shouldn't have to read the forums to know an event is occurring. A poor communication tool. It's more like a post-informative tool.

The event should also be announced via an in game mail from ANET. And the event timing should be from one daily reset to the next to give maximum participation. The in game message can be sent out right at reset to inform everyone of the event. Then they have 24 hours to join in.

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:I agree that there needs to be way better communication about the event. I didn't know it was happening until I saw someone post about it on reddit.

ANET seems to think "surprising" us is a good idea, which it isn't. Also they aren't terribly successful at it. Would be better to just give us notice of what is happening and let us...y'know, just have fun.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:I agree that there needs to be way better communication about the event. I didn't know it was happening until I saw someone post about it on reddit.

ANET seems to think "surprising" us is a good idea, which it isn't. Also they aren't terribly successful at it. Would be better to just give us notice of what is happening and let us...y'know, just have fun.

Completely agree.