Warrior Meta Event Farming Build

Temper.2190

What builds do you all run for meta events? I've recently been playing my warrior more in PvP, and am wondering how to make it work in meta events. I've seen Nike's open world Phalanx Strength build on youtube, and also Lord Hizen's "one-man-army" build on youtube, and have played around with versions of both.

The other two classes I play a lot are reaper and revenant. For both I feel very impactful in meta events. I can solo events in Dragonfall when needed, and do good dps when running with a blob. With warrior I just haven't felt as solid a contributor. This may be just because I don't have a lot of hours on my warrior yet.

Any tips for warrior in meta event farming like Dragonfall? Does anyone have a build that they feel does a good job at tagging mobs, doing good dps on bosses, and is reasonably survivable when solo or in a small group? Obviously one could optimize for just one of those situations, but I feel like my rev and reaper do a pretty good job at all three at once.

Also...here's a noob question about banners. If I bring banners in the open world, is there any strategy to dropping them? I've just been tossing them down at any event, and haven't given much thought to them at all. I wonder if part of why I don't feel impactful as a warrior is that I'm not using banners well, or that I don't know how to gauge the impact of my banners on others.

Thanks in advance.

For warrior? It depends on the meta event really, but if its just for tagging mobs spec for high adrenaline gain and run LB for the AoE. If its something like the Silver Wastes then run whatever. If you want to be a 'team' player run X/Warhorn with Quick Breathing, a bunch of Shouts, and Vigorous Shouts. Right now Warrior really just provides DPS and doesn't have a good support build. Traited warhorn and traited shouts are the best you can do really.

Warrior is not a tagger. if you are melee, you will be tagging on average 3 targets due to the fact that warrior skills have an enemy cap of 3 players per skill (On average).For this reason, I suggest a rifle build to spam 1111 and tag as many mobs as possible. DO NOT STOP AND TRY TO KILL 1 ENEMY AT A TIME.Hit and keep moving, you will get the loot anyway.

This is what works for me:

• I have the "switch target key" bind to the ALT key.
  • I spam ALT and auto attack 2 or 3 times per second to make sure that I am hitting as many enemies around me.
  • Congratulations you can now farm as a warrior, but be warned, this is not always efficient specially in large blobs because warrior rifle is very slow and the range is mediocre (1200); the enemy usually dies before you can hit them.

however, this technique always works for my ranger because ranger has a 1500+ range and has very fast projectile speed.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Warrior is not a tagger. if you are melee, you will be tagging on average 3 targets due to the fact that warrior skills have an enemy cap of 3 players per skill (On average).For this reason, I suggest a rifle build to spam 1111 and tag as many mobs as possible. DO NOT STOP AND TRY TO KILL 1 ENEMY AT A TIME.Hit and keep moving, you will get the loot anyway.

This is what works for me:

• I have the "switch target key" bind to the ALT key.
  • I spam ALT and auto attack 2 or 3 times per second to make sure that I am hitting as many enemies around me.
  • Congratulations you can now farm as a warrior, but be warned, this is not always efficient specially in large blobs because warrior rifle is very slow and the range is mediocre (1200); the enemy usually dies before you can hit them.

however, this technique always works for my ranger because ranger has a 1500+ range and has very fast projectile speed.

I'd pick this tactic for warrior and sword axle offhand so when u see piled mobs u can spin2win and tag them all fast.

@"Sobx.1758" said:

and the range is mediocre (1200)

1200 range is "mediocre" now? <.<

Pretty much anything works for meta events, so you can easly play whatever you enjoy. If all you want is tagging mobs, then I'd change the class for that tbh.

In large scale blobs the 1200 range on rifle is mediocre because you have all these other classes (rangers with range 1500+) that can instantly tag the mobs and kill them in matter of milliseconds.

Why are you even arguing against that? Looks like people here on the forums argue just because...

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Pretty much anything works for meta events, so you can easly play whatever you enjoy. If all you want is tagging mobs, then I'd change the class for that tbh.

In large scale blobs the 1200 range on rifle is mediocre because you have all these other classes (rangers with range 1500+) that can instantly tag the mobs and kill them in matter of milliseconds.

Why are you even arguing against that? Looks like people here on the forums argue just because...

ah, so "other classes" = rangers :D

I'm not trying to "argue just because", it's just the first time I see someone calling 1200 range "mediocre", so you can be damn sure I'll comment on that, lol. Even moreso when talking about tagging/farming events. You don't need more than 900, actually being able to constantly tag with AOE/multi-hits is far more important. Claiming that the range is mediocre "because rangers" is just... oof.

Again, anything works for farming events, so just play whatever you like, but if you want easier/better tagging builds, just pick another class imo :p

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not trying to "argue just because", it's just the first time I see someone calling 1200 range "mediocre", so you can be kitten sure I'll comment on that, lol. Even moreso when talking about tagging/farming events. You don't need more than 900, actually being able to constantly tag with AOE/multi-hits is far more important. Claiming that the range is mediocre "because rangers" is just... oof.

Again, anything works for farming events, so just play whatever you like, but if you want easier/better tagging builds, just pick another class imo :p

1200 range on rifle is mediocre when farming these events. If you compare the almost instant cast of ranger 1500+ range then it is pretty obvious that rifle range is mediocre for these types of farming events.

Based on your posts, all you do is argue with everyone. You literally go against everyone and everything.If someone posts "The earth is an oblate spheroid" you will most likely say "Wrong, the earth is round."

Just stop.

@Hitman.5829 said:

I'm not trying to "argue just because", it's just the first time I see someone calling 1200 range "mediocre", so you can be kitten sure I'll comment on that, lol. Even moreso when talking about tagging/farming events. You don't need more than 900, actually being able to constantly tag with AOE/multi-hits is far more important. Claiming that the range is mediocre "because rangers" is just... oof.

1200 range on rifle is mediocre when farming these events. If you compare the almost instant cast of ranger 1500+ range then it is pretty obvious that rifle range is mediocre for these types of farming events.

Based on your posts, all you do is argue with everyone. You literally go against everyone and everything.If someone posts "The earth is an oblate spheroid" you will most likely say "Wrong, the earth is round."

Just stop.

Nah, 1200 range is far from mediocre and that's a fact. As I said twice already, if you want a better 'tagging' build (if that even matters to you so much), then pick something else and the range isn't a key factor here -which part of this sentence is hard to understand for you? :D

You just wrote that and I couldn't care less btw, so consider your edgy statement proven wrong :+1:

I'll stop when you stop pretending that 1200 range on aa is mediocre. :D

• Confused 1

Warrior is not a good meta farming class but if you insist, you WILL need a ranged weapon and ideally, it has some kind of AoE capability. I guess that means you are using LBow. It's going to be hard to swap targets and hit with a rifle; not impossible, but hard. Honestly, it's not worth the effort on warrior.