"Disturbance in Brisban Wildlands", go away! a.k.a Let us quit the LS episodes please!

So, how amazing would it be, if you could actually PERMANENTLY quit a living story episode? Not just quit, just for it to appear next time you use the WP. All I am asking is a way to clean up my UI from ugly green indicators, without having to replay something I had already played with other character... just let us quit living story episodes for good!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:'Should' according to who? The Devs? I'm thinking it is working as intended.As noted above, you can disable PS in options.

Good luck.

Disabling it in options DOES NOT remove it from your UI. Which doesn't make sence. That way, the game is indirectly forcing you to play a content that you a) dont want to play, or b) had already played thus making it pointless to replay it.

@TheReflexCZ.5367 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:'Should' according to who? The Devs? I'm thinking it
is
working as intended.As noted above, you can disable PS in options.

Good luck.

Disabling it in options DOES NOT remove it from your UI. Which doesn't make sence. That way, the game is indirectly forcing you to play a content that you a) dont want to play, or
b)
had already played thus making it pointless to replay it.

That's my experience, too. Doesn't make sense that option does not do what it implies.

@TheReflexCZ.5367 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:It removes it from the Content Guide.

Not for me.

If "Content Guide" means markers and indicators pointing at certain kind of content, then yea, doesn't work for me either.

When you use F11 and enter the UI screen, and there are those 3 options to choose what you want to see...which choice do you use for the 3 options?

@TheReflexCZ.5367 said:

Not for me.

If "Content Guide" means markers and indicators pointing at certain kind of content, then yea, doesn't work for me either.

Content Guide specifically refers to the little arrow that points you to map completion stuff, the next story step or events nearby.

I don't think there is a name for the whole list of activities which appear down the right side of the screen. My understanding is that even though it looks like one list and it will reorganise itself as needed it's actually seperate UI elements designed to work together.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Not for me.

When you use F11 and enter the UI screen, and there are those 3 options to choose what you want to see...which choice do you use for the 3 options?

"Disable Personal Story" per https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Graphical_user_interface#Content_guide

@Gop.8713 said:You can disable personal story in options, the only thing that remains is the map indicator iirc . . .

No you can't, I have the same 'bug'. You turn it off (both in settings and hero panel) but when you load into another map or reload that character from the char select screen it just pops back up. It's like it doesn't remember you changing the setting or clicking the quit episode button.We should be able to turn it off completely until we manually turn it back on again. Didn't used to have this issue so something has broken.

Selecting Disable Personal Story in the Content Guide Menu removes it from the guide, meaning the little arrow will point you to events or map completion stuff instead. But the story then appears as a seperate prompt in the list along with events, achievements and whatever else, exactly the same way it appears if you turn the guide off completely.

As far as I know the only way to get rid of the story prompt entirely is to complete it.

@Sarpan.9074 said:

Not for me.

"Disable Personal Story" per

That is your problem right there, you don't "Disable Personal Story", what you want to do is turn the Content Guide to "Off".

@Lady Celtaine.3760 said:

@Gop.8713 said:You can disable personal story in options, the only thing that remains is the map indicator iirc . . .

No you can't, I have the same 'bug'. You turn it off (both in settings and hero panel) but when you load into another map or reload that character from the char select screen it just pops back up. It's like it doesn't remember you changing the setting or clicking the quit episode button.We should be able to turn it off completely until we manually turn it back on again. Didn't used to have this issue so something has broken.

See above, and you need to Quit the Chapter that you are on, but that does not nor has it ever taken it from your UI as far as I know(I have several Characters with different LW steps showing in the UI, they don't/won't go away and never have, unless I do them or I quit the Episode entirely), but I haven't checked lately because it doesn't bother me, I'm not looking at the top right corner of my screen that often(I'm able to just ignore that portion of the screen).

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Not for me.

"Disable Personal Story" per

That is your problem right there, you don't "Disable Personal Story", what you want to do is turn the Content Guide to "Off".

See above, and you need to Quit the Chapter that you are on, but that does not nor has it ever taken it from your UI as far as I know(I have several Characters with different LW steps showing in the UI, they don't/won't go away and never have, unless I do them or I quit the Episode entirely), but I haven't checked lately because it doesn't bother me, I'm not looking at the top right corner of my screen that often(I'm able to just ignore that portion of the screen).

Read what I said please. Already explained I already turned content guide off as well as quit the episode and it just pops up anyway.(TBH I'm just going to report it in-game, it's pretty clearly a bug imo.)