Burst too high?

Rehk.6574

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Used to roam solo on warrior, not anymore, there are mostly cheesy stealthbuilds with high mobility around, who just run away as soon as they start losing fights, and zerg player who cant 1v1 you anyways that just run away on their mount, OR chase you down in a pack of 3+ on their mounts.Replace stealthbuilds with stunlock warrior builds and you're still describing wvw.

First, how does a stunlock build run away from a group of enemies or disengages a fight while losing?You see the problem with your comparison? Why bring it up, lol, it changes nothing with my problem with roaming atm.

Second, what is a stunlock warrior? Shieldbash? Hammer?!
If you cant dodge warrior cc and have not a single stunbreak in your roamingbuild, then you should definately stick to a zerg.

Sorry, but the times of real stunlock are long gone (since hot)Thats the reason why hammer/gs in roaming isnt played anymore, everyone has low cd stunbreaks and should know by now what has to be dodged or blocked or otherwise negated.

Rampage I guess with dagger

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RedShark.9548 said:

First, how does a stunlock build run away from a group of enemies or disengages a fight while losing?You see the problem with your comparison? Why bring it up, lol, it changes nothing with my problem with roaming atm.

You are right, a lot of builds can't run away from a Group. Those are not made for solo roaming IMO, solo roamers Need to be fast and mobile. Also stealth is not a 100% sure escape due to the many reveal possibilities in enemy territory.

Second, what is a stunlock warrior? Shieldbash? Hammer?!If you cant dodge warrior cc and have not a single stunbreak in your roamingbuild, then you should definately stick to a zerg.

It's all about knowing when to connect your CC chain and when to apply a single CC to draw out the enemy stundbreak.

Sorry, but the times of real stunlock are long gone (since hot)Thats the reason why hammer/gs in roaming isnt played anymore, everyone has low cd stunbreaks and should know by now what has to be dodged or blocked or otherwise negated.

Agree partially. Met some good warriors that exactly knew how to draw my dodges/stunbreaks with their low-CD high DPS hits and solo CCs and then hit when I was on CD.

Just to add, I started solo roaming maybe 3 years ago and I still love it. HoT and PoF made the game faster due to the damage increase, but it still is a ton of fun and I think it still depends a lot more on Player skill than on the build you are running.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

all nerfs go to contribution from power/healing power, not from base
ele:-soothing mist down 20%-geyser down 10%-overload water down 10% per tick, 20% down on the final tick-meteor shower down 15% per hit

Bruh. You still wanna keep nerfing ele after all the BS we've received. Leave us alone. Give us buffs instead.

If damage comes down, healing also has to come down across the board or we end up in bunker wars 2 =/

@nthmetal.9652 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:I don't understand why rev hammer skills get their animations/warnings culled and still hit for 15k @ 1200 range while scourges create visual lava and hit for... 2k a hit? At 900 range?

But then you get a zerg composition, which is 2/3rd scourges, and your zerg, even with FBs and warriors to tank, touch the hotzone and still keel over instantly. (Warriors with a 5 seconds delay ;) ) - and don't forget, those scourges might only deal 2k at 900 range, but they also bring area denial.

I am not sure what the answer to such issues is. The issue is in all cases stacking. In case of powerDPS burst you stack effects and attacks to achieve a single high point of damage, in case of condi, you stack areas (even areas of the same type) to achieve high condi. Especially with zones that pulse their condis you can't even condi-cleanse against that.

Of course, you can stack up on scrappers on your end to try counter this - 2 scrappers for a 40-man-zerg are clearly not enough, maybe you need one scrapper per squad. Maybe this does deal with it. Haven't seen it tried yet.IMO the better answer would be to prevent too much stacking. There are cases, where this is already realized. Many class specific buffs stack only 5 or 10 times, other stuff such as might or invulnerability only stack 25 times.

This would drastically change how the game is played though and I am not sure the devs want that.

Check your combat log, it usually isn't the scourges that kill you. it's the heralds, but you never see the animations for what hit you because they get culled. That's one part of the problem, rev hammer skills need to get visible animations when there are more than 30 people in the area.

The second problem is how strong each of the herald hammer skills are. There is no reason a ranged weapon should have better power coefficients, aoe, and shorter CDs than any melee weapon. Check out the comparison to the other melee hammers above, it makes absolutely no sense.

At the end of the day, we're stuck in a pirate ship meta until the rev hammer gets toned down. It's as overpowering as scourge was at PoF release and hasn't been touched for over a year

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Rehk.6574 said:So is WvW worth doing for a solo / small man roamer at this time in everyone's opinion?Are there any ways to cope with the current Meta I'm perhaps not familiar with as an older player? (have not played WvW since pre-HoT).Thanks for the feedback.

and doing zerg nowadays is like the commanders just installed GW2 in 2017. like you have 6 paper towers available for taking and the commander decides to capture the T3 keep.

used to command tho. but that was years ago.

Well yeah, why would a com cap a paper tower when a grp of 3 can do it?

coz you want your 50 man squad to get a precursor.

and lay 7 superior rams on a paper tower and itll be like fios internet fast, or like as fast as a blink of your eyes.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

@Rehk.6574 said:So is WvW worth doing for a solo / small man roamer at this time in everyone's opinion?Are there any ways to cope with the current Meta I'm perhaps not familiar with as an older player? (have not played WvW since pre-HoT).Thanks for the feedback.

and doing zerg nowadays is like the commanders just installed GW2 in 2017. like you have 6 paper towers available for taking and the commander decides to capture the T3 keep.

and lay 7 superior rams on a paper tower and itll be like fios internet fast, or like as fast as a blink of your eyes.

What?

Seen coms do that sure, seems waste to use that many sips just for a paper towel though

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

What?

Seen coms do that sure, seems waste to use that many sips just for a paper towel though

you must be new.

lel.

github.com

@alcopaul.2156 said:

What?

you must be new.

lel.

github.com

Yes

No, not new. Just not some hardcore karma train/ppt player. Dropping 300- 350 supplys just for a paper tower just seems dumb. Some coms use to do it on reset at south towers. (Some may still do)

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

What?

you must be new.

lel.

github.com

Yes

No, not new. Just not some hardcore karma train/ppt player. Dropping 300- 350 supplys just for a paper tower just seems dumb. Some coms use to do it on reset at south towers. (Some may still do)

capping 6 paper towers in 10 minutes versus capping a t3 keep in almost 40 minutes.

tell me which is dumber.

lel.

@alcopaul.2156 said:

What?

you must be new.

lel.

github.com

Yes

capping 6 paper towers in 10 minutes versus capping a t3 keep in almost 40 minutes.

tell me which is dumber.

lel.

Who even does that lol, are you on drakka lake or something? That's the sort of ppt they do.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

What?

you must be new.

lel.

github.com

Yes

tell me which is dumber.

lel.

Who even does that lol, are you on drakka lake or something? That's the sort of ppt they do.

pretty sure you got the point.

if not, pretty sure you got the point un·con·sciousLY.

lel.

Run solo and small havoc all the time. Still a lot to do and fight and quite fun. Gear up planning on being outnumbered and try and pack as much punch and defense in as possible. That and try and plan on where that build's weak spots are to know who to watch for. In a havoc it's the same, try and grab a build that complements the havoc.

Forumites shouted down the previous bunker META using "unskilled play" as their excuse, and it was replaced by gimmicky burst-before-they-can-react builds which take even less skill, with a side order of just as gimmicky high-mobility-escape-reset-repeat rotations, negating any penalty for initiating and failing against those who were able to counter a high damage burst in time.

As far as how to handle it? Just take the W every time someone's burst fails and they immediately hit their escape rotations, and move off before they attempt again.They will either have to cede the fight completely, or blow mobility cool downs to catch up to you.

@"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:There is zero...let me say it again "0" balance! I started to play WvW about 2 months back but have witnessed some horrible balance issues. How is it a FB can withstand the attack of 3 people? How does one class have so many resists when others are saddled with one, mostly on ridiculous timers? I know this will be just bashed with learn to play comments but i feel the need to say it. GW2 is so badly balanced in one v one it's an embarrassment! This game will never, ever be a contender for the PvP crowd because the balance is just horrid. Burst is only one part of the problem, there is absolutely no real balance within elite specs, and this isn't a matter of a month here or there. Balance is non existing and the whole group responsible for this needs to be managed properly because they sure as kitten don't have a grasp on it today!I was enjoying WvW but i just refuse to roll the popular builds, because honestly there shouldn't be any!!!! No balance, no change, no damned chance this is going to grow, please someone in management see this because it's a horrible mess that needs to be fixed!

No popular builds? Ahahahahha man you're delusional. There will always be some build that is best. Even in games like LoL there is a meta with a few heroes being played most of the time. Perfect balance is impossible unless you want everyone to have the same skills/abilities.

Are you new to the game/gamemode? WvW has a reputation for having some really bad players (when it comes to the pvp aspect of the game) maybe that's what you've been witnessing?

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:

You are right, a lot of builds can't run away from a Group. Those are not made for solo roaming IMO, solo roamers Need to be fast and mobile. Also stealth is not a 100% sure escape due to the many reveal possibilities in enemy territory.

Second, what is a stunlock warrior? Shieldbash? Hammer?!If you cant dodge warrior cc and have not a single stunbreak in your roamingbuild, then you should definately stick to a zerg.

It's all about knowing when to connect your CC chain and when to apply a single CC to draw out the enemy stundbreak.

Agree partially. Met some good warriors that exactly knew how to draw my dodges/stunbreaks with their low-CD high DPS hits and solo CCs and then hit when I was on CD.

Just to add, I started solo roaming maybe 3 years ago and I still love it. HoT and PoF made the game faster due to the damage increase, but it still is a ton of fun and I think it still depends a lot more on Player skill than on the build you are running.

I started playing wvw, and with that next to zerging also solo roam, around 1 year after gw2 release and stuck with it for the most time.

Nothing is a 100%... But stealth has a very big advantage over non stealth builds. Its almost impossible on any other build to escape now, even with builds that used to be viable roaming speccs, since if they rly want to catch you, 1 player keeps you infight the others mount up and rip you a new one.

So that just lowers build diversity, gj anet.

There are builds that have way lower defenses than warrior has cc out there. Also, most cc weapons lack mobillity, which lets you kite them as soon as you blew your stunbreaks and dodges.

Bandits defense is one example of a powercrept defensive skill, it even had 12 sec cd on release lol (specced into it)Is a stunbreak, blocks attacks and has a build in cc, that whole skill does what all shield skills do combined in one on a way lower cd, which is ridiculous

@RedShark.9548 said:

I started playing wvw, and with that next to zerging also solo roam, around 1 year after gw2 release and stuck with it for the most time.

Nothing is a 100%... But stealth has a very big advantage over non stealth builds. Its almost impossible on any other build to escape now, even with builds that used to be viable roaming speccs, since if they rly want to catch you, 1 player keeps you infight the others mount up and rip you a new one.

So that just lowers build diversity, gj anet.

There are builds that have way lower defenses than warrior has cc out there. Also, most cc weapons lack mobillity, which lets you kite them as soon as you blew your stunbreaks and dodges.

Bandits defense is one example of a powercrept defensive skill, it even had 12 sec cd on release lol (specced into it)Is a stunbreak, blocks attacks and has a build in cc, that whole skill does what all shield skills do combined in one on a way lower cd, which is ridiculous

Wings of resolve is also a funfact:'Its a leap finnisher, aoe healing and can be traited for:Aoe cleanseAoe damage(the leap makes it also able to aoe stun)Aoe immobile^ much for a skill, yes you need to run alot of traits to archieve this

'Its too much nontheless