New WvW Weapon Set and Armor Set Incoming

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/938312#Comment_938312

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have no current plans to make the monthly tournament gizmos available outside of winning the monthly AT.

We do have a weapon set coming for PvP/WvW this summer, assuming nothing goes wrong. Additionally, there is a new pvp/wvw armor set planned for late fall/early winter. We have some other rewards planned as well, but I want to preserve some mystery. :)

Time to save up on your WvW potions and Memory of Battle.Will likely need them along with the tickets.

Think the last attempt was chess themed, because pvp and wvw requires tactics and thought.

I guess they don't play their own game though, since it's really like playing chess with a gorilla that puts your whole body through the table as soon as you get within arms reach

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Think the last attempt was chess themed, because pvp and wvw requires tactics and thought.

I guess they don't play their own game though, since it's really like playing chess with a gorilla that puts your whole body through the table as soon as you get within arms reach

Only if your facing Blackgate.

When your on Blackgate, it’s like swatting a flea.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I hope they create a heavy sink for WvW badges and tickets for the new items.This will also act as a 'time-gate' that prevents non-vets from getting it too quickly while rewarding vets at the same time.

Yes, make it require 5k+ rank!

This will also make our WvW badges more valuable.Right now it is like...not very valuable.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I hope they create a heavy sink for WvW badges and tickets for the new items.This will also act as a 'time-gate' that prevents non-vets from getting it too quickly while rewarding vets at the same time.

This will also make our WvW badges more valuable.Right now it is like...not very valuable.

Agree. Theyre nearly useless.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Why only 5k rank? Too low D: Make it max,10k rank, so that only a handful of long time WvWers, Veterans of the Mist can get them.

@Mil.3562 said:

Why only 5k rank? Too low D: Make it max,10k rank, so that only a handful of long time WvWers, Veterans of the Mist can get them.

No, they should increase WvW rank to 20k and make the new weapons require that new max rank.