Tradable skyscale Mount License win/win

Some people don't want to do the collection for the mounts and some people like to do the collection. What about creating a legendary mount license that works like the legendary weapons. sell a cage recipe similar to a precursor for weapons. Once the player completes this he then has to do the collection again and once completed the skyscale (or any mount with a collection) is stored in the cage and sold on the TP.

This allows players who like doing the collections to continue doing them and make money at it. It is a great material sink for the cage. And it makes those whales happy who are to bothered to do the meta but have access to credit card.

Just a stupid thought that wont quit nagging at me.

I do think it's unlikely that this would be done because of precedent, but the idea is solid and I do like it.

• The effort for the mount is still put in by someone in a legitimate way
  • No account-sharing is necessary
  • The economy responds the same whether the Skyscale is made by a player or bought after someone else has made it
  • More players will have access to the mount and future content made for it

The arguments against this, as I currently see them, seem weak

• Maybe someone might buy RMT gold to get their Skyscale (this can already happen with other high-ticket items and so the risk isn't new)
  • Maybe a small pool of people will be generating Skyscales for the masses instead of a more even spread across players (People who go for the buy option weren't likely to complete the content anyway)
  • Maybe people will expect all items/mounts to be available through the trading post (They already expect this; the threads will just have different item names in the title)

In short, there would be no feasible risk or new, explosive problem that would result from a system like the OP suggests, and it would add more freedom to provide for others and keep the economy lively. If there are fears of abuse, they could be easily solved with a mandatory cooldown between Skyscale 'rearings', ie: you can sell one a week/month.

The only way a market for skyscale would be possible is if people would be willing to sell the ones they got. And unless the whole process was repeatable, allowing people to farm and refarm the mount I just can't imagine someone actually selling the only skyscale they earned.

@Dilligaf Wyt.1867 said:Some people don't want to do the collection for the mounts and some people like to do the collection. What about creating a legendary mount license that works like the legendary weapons. sell a cage recipe similar to a precursor for weapons. Once the player completes this he then has to do the collection again and once completed the skyscale (or any mount with a collection) is stored in the cage and sold on the TP.

This allows players who like doing the collections to continue doing them and make money at it. It is a great material sink for the cage. And it makes those whales happy who are to bothered to do the meta but have access to credit card.

Just a stupid thought that wont quit nagging at me.

No, it adds value to the collection and the mount. One of the main reason gen1 leggies are only just stat swappable weapon in ppl's eyes is because them being tradeable removed all the value from them.

@"lokh.2695" said:Points to signature then leaves "Skyscale too hard to get, nerf plox"-Thread #1297653280746

Re signature:

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.

Not quite. You don't have to want Y, but you do have to be willing to get/do it. Even before the moment I got on the first loaner Skyscale, I knew I was going to do the collection for it, even if the collection was occasionally tedious. Most legendaries, and above all all legendary armour sets are on my "ugh, don't want to go through all that to get it" list, so I'm not going to get them.