Are ArenaNet forum chats dead now ?

I just realised, that since the layoffs, the forums chats basicaly dissapeared (due to Gaile Gray no longer with the company i guess).I wonder, can we expect to see them back in the future ? We had some realy interesting topics going on.The main reason reddit chats stopped was due to these, but now these are gone too. It would be nice if we got something back.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/arenanet-forum-chatsWe've had nine from Mar 2018 until January 2019, on average one every 35 days. The layoffs were late in February, so at the very least, I wouldn't count March or April as even possible. With that in mind, they have only missed the month of May.

That said, since that time, we've had more communication from the devs about all sorts of things, including more on-topic responses about bugs, about design decisions, about future plans. (Some have said it's substantially more and substantially more ...substantive.)

Given all the above, I wouldn't care to speculate about ANet's plans for engaging fans in more depth, in a burst of activity, such as we had in the forum chats and the reddit AMAs.

I suspect that as a result of the lay-offs and bringing some people from cancelled projects back into working on GW2 a lot of external stuff has been put on hold while they get the internal structure sorted out. Whether they'll continue exactly the same format on exactly the same schedule or do something different remains to be seen, but I assume they will be replaced with something which serves the same purpose once things have settled down.

I think that the communication we've had from ArenaNet recently has been much more frequent and more substantial than in the past. I hope it continues.

Personally I had little use for the AFCs, they seemed to be too "fluffy" to me, with little real information being shared. YMMV, of course.

Archived