The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them

Anput.4620

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them

If that would be so, then answer me why there was so much hate towards rangers (SB) even before mount release?

Thank you, nice discuss, we should have another one in the future.Have a good day.

And there is no hate at all for double pistol Thieves. I dismount people all the time with Unload. The difference is the range, I only have 900...

P/P doesn't regularly get hate because it's a meme build for competitive modes that stops being effective the second your enemy knows the #3 spam is incoming.

You can call everything a meme build I guess, so that doesn't really has meaning, especially not to explain why there's no hate for it in the community. Isn't Ranger lb a meme build too, and how is that still effective when the enemy knows the Rapid Fire spam starts coming? I wouldn't call 2 x Unload spam either, because that's all you get after dismounting steals 3 Initiative for nothing in return.

I can still dismount people though, so that's not the reason people complain about Ranger. If Ranger could simply dismount you, everybody would think that makes sense. If they dismount and down you from 1800 range at the same time though, that's when people start to ask questions. They made that impossible for Deadeye because he has less range and damage and has to kneel and you get a clear sign above your head that tells you what's going on, even if you don't face the enemy or he hides. My guess is that they didn't want to see Deadeyes just sniping people, which is exactly what Ranger does. I can hardly remember ever having been defeated by a Deadeye with a rifle, it's a useless build.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Ofc he can if you are afk. He can't dismount and down me, if I am not afk, ever. Because I have 3 dodges, his ability is 2,5 sec channeling, he can't stun or knock me back while mounted. I can't even imagine how can a ranger land all 10 hits from rapid fire on me if I have 3 dodges on my mount and if I am not afk. I can probably press all 3 dodges for 0,2 sec if not faster ;) But hey it is just me... I assume some people may need 10 sec to press a button, which is OK, really, but should we balance the professions, because of super slow reactions?

Do you have anything else to add to the discussion other then "there is no problem, just get gud!"?

Don't take it personally.
. Blindly defend his main to the end and ignore inconvenient truths.

In fact, he legit

I mean you have mesmer portrait,
anyone who plays condi mesmer can't complain

Thanks for the meme! :joy:

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.

So basically one condi-clear would nullify all of it? Would you rather get hit with 5-digit unblockable damage in 2 seconds from 1800+ range that can't be "cleansed" after the fact by pressing one button?

Those numbers seem a bit.. exaggerated anyhow, even for WvW.

Anyway, let's not derail this with the "but mes" meme any further, shall we?

Not everyone can use multiple condi clears while mesmers can drop multiple condi bombs.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Ofc he can if you are afk. He can't dismount and down me, if I am not afk, ever. Because I have 3 dodges, his ability is 2,5 sec channeling, he can't stun or knock me back while mounted. I can't even imagine how can a ranger land all 10 hits from rapid fire on me if I have 3 dodges on my mount and if I am not afk. I can probably press all 3 dodges for 0,2 sec if not faster ;) But hey it is just me... I assume some people may need 10 sec to press a button, which is OK, really, but should we balance the professions, because of super slow reactions?

Do you have anything else to add to the discussion other then "there is no problem, just get gud!"?

In fact, he legit

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.Did u go kitten and when returned found out this 17 stacks?So 10k auto-attacks from 1900 range is better than this 17 stacks? May be its unblockable? May be auto attacks its not everything(braindead 4-2 to kill you through your health and nearly kill your downedstate)? May be because soulbeast can easly oneshot you ? Cleanse sigil remove 3 condis every 9s on swap? Can I have sigil that make me immune to ranged attacks for 3s? That also work on unblockable effects?Also you hate condis because your soulbeast on wvw can use passive/active signet and literally has 8 seconds invulnerability for power damage?

Can i have teleports, clone clutter and 12 seconds of invulnerability/evadades on Ranger too, also i'd like to run wanderers gear and still do the same damage TY.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:they can literally kill a full minstrell in less than 2 seconds.

Wait, you gave up on the all-celestial comp?

i'm still all cele. :) i just got back to playing again; so i don't really know what's the updated setup.

No way i get oneshot by any ranger ever on my ele when i have 7 evades.

@"Anput.4620" said:

You know that i am one of those who wish that the mount never got introduced to wvw, you went from fighting against the mount Anput to support the soulbeasts things now?

By the way, not everyone who asks for soulbeasts nerfs is happy about the mount, people asking for soulbeasts nerfs because they are tired of the just "dodge it", and you know damn well that if someone on the god damn mount with a brain he/she can actually can probably dodge these things and walk away, people complain about soulbeast not because they have the mount, it is because their damage is too high and long range, it have nothing to do with mount.

@Anput.4620 said:

In fact, he legit

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.Did u go kitten and when returned found out this 17 stacks?So 10k auto-attacks from 1900 range is better than this 17 stacks? May be its unblockable? May be auto attacks its not everything(braindead 4-2 to kill you through your health and nearly kill your downedstate)? May be because soulbeast can easly oneshot you ? Cleanse sigil remove 3 condis every 9s on swap? Can I have sigil that make me immune to ranged attacks for 3s? That also work on unblockable effects?Also you hate condis because your soulbeast on wvw can use passive/active signet and literally has 8 seconds invulnerability for power damage?

Can i have teleports, clone clutter and 12 seconds of invulnerability/evadades on Ranger too, also i'd like to run wanderers gear and still do the same damage TY.

@Sovereign.1093 said:they can literally kill a full minstrell in less than 2 seconds.

i'm still all cele. :) i just got back to playing again; so i don't really know what's the updated setup.

Why wont you say mesmer have 10 minutes of invulnerability? Since you cant prove any of these statements could use as fact ;)

@Heartpains.7312 said:

You know that i am one of those who wish that the mount never got introduced to wvw, you went from fighting against the mount Anput to support the soulbeasts things now?

By the way, not everyone who asks for soulbeasts nerfs is happy about the mount, people asking for soulbeasts nerfs because they are tired of the just "dodge it", and you know kitten well that if someone on the god kitten mount with a brain he/she can actually can probably dodge these things and walk away, people complain about soulbeast not because they have the mount, it is because their damage is too high and long range, it have nothing to do with mount.

Soulbeast is the last thing keeping WvW semi-unplayable instead of complete garbage for me.

@praqtos.9035 said:

In fact, he legit

Why wont you say mesmer have 10 minutes of invulnerability? Since you cant prove any of these statements could use as fact ;)

Because 12s with dodges invuls and evades is an ok number.

@praqtos.9035 said:

By the way, not everyone who asks for soulbeasts nerfs is happy about the mount, people asking for soulbeasts nerfs because they are tired of the just "dodge it", and you know kitten well that if someone on the god kitten mount with a brain he/she can actually can probably dodge these things and walk away, people complain about soulbeast not because they have the mount, it is because their damage is too high and long range, it have nothing to do with mount.

Soulbeast is the last thing keeping WvW barely playable/semi-unplayable for me instead of complete garbage.

In fact, he legit

Because 12s with dodges invuls and evades is an ok number.WvW long ago became garbage, even before they released mount,just with mount it became even worse.If you cant prove anything, then just shut up? :smirk:

Prove what? You just can't dismount poeple unl;ess you have 1500+ range it's plain fact lol.

I'm pretty sure no reasonable person look at soul beasts being able to perform 17k auto attacks when combined with sic em and attack of opportunity and thinks its balanced. I mean seriously. I made some posts about this a while ago and it sounded like the player base was 50/50 about this. But this thread has restored my hope in these forums a little bit. So SoulBeast + Sic em, is broken, with only a small minority (who probably run it) of people trying to delude the rest of us.

Also might add, that it would be a dream come true if mounts were only useful for out of combat movement. Have mounts have a 2k health pool, with a single dodge when traited. This way people would actually have to fight in WvW again, and not use mounts as a shield, but as transportation.

The majority of players are not complaining about this build because we love being invincible on mounts. We're complaining because its broken.

@Draeyon.4392 said:I'll take a nerf to my ranger burst if they can give me a meta wvw zerg spec. Until then, imma roll my 20k+ maul or rapid fire builds.

If i can play longbow DH in zergs, i am sure you can play soulbeast, you don't have to be scourge ... and for those who say nobody wants rangers in zergs or groups, i would take those who knows what they are doing, even those who doesn't know what they are doing are good as long as they deal damage they are good and useful and deadly.

@Anput.4620 said:

In fact, he legit

well i do have a minstrel fb. my char still gets com focused.

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@Draeyon.4392 said:I'll take a nerf to my ranger burst if they can give me a meta wvw zerg spec. Until then, imma roll my 20k+ maul or rapid fire builds.

If i can play longbow DH in zergs, i am sure you can play soulbeast, you don't have to be scourge ... and for those who say nobody wants rangers in zergs or groups, i would take those who knows what they are doing, even those who doesn't know what they are doing are good as long as they deal damage they are good and useful and deadly.

I main ranger but I WvW raid as a scrapper. I guess I should have made the distinction between zerging and guild raiding, my bad.

That said, zerging with a random tag, it doesnt really matter what you bring as long as you know how to play but when I'm running with a comp group, I bring healing engi to be as effective to the group as possible.Would swap to ranger for WvW raids in a heart beat if they provided group support to the same extent as Minstrel Firebrands/Scrappers or AoE damage/debuffs with the likes of scourges/spellbreakers.

@Anput.4620 said:

In fact, he legit

Condi mesmers are a joke with cleansing sigil and/or antitoxin rune, I honestly have no issue fighting them even as a scourge. They have been considerably nerfed.

@Doug.4930 said:I'm pretty sure no reasonable person look at soul beasts being able to perform 17k auto attacks when combined with sic em and attack of opportunity and thinks its balanced. I mean seriously. I made some posts about this a while ago and it sounded like the player base was 50/50 about this. But this thread has restored my hope in these forums a little bit. So SoulBeast + Sic em, is broken, with only a small minority (who probably run it) of people trying to delude the rest of us.

Also might add, that it would be a dream come true if mounts were only useful for out of combat movement. Have mounts have a 2k health pool, with a single dodge when traited. This way people would actually have to fight in WvW again, and not use mounts as a shield, but as transportation.

The majority of players are not complaining about this build because we love being invincible on mounts. We're complaining because its broken.

It is so broken yet a holosmith will trash an SB every time? Arc divider, anyone? It really isn't broken when compared to the other roaming builds.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Doug.4930 said:I'm pretty sure no reasonable person look at soul beasts being able to perform 17k auto attacks when combined with sic em and attack of opportunity and thinks its balanced. I mean seriously. I made some posts about this a while ago and it sounded like the player base was 50/50 about this. But this thread has restored my hope in these forums a little bit. So SoulBeast + Sic em, is broken, with only a small minority (who probably run it) of people trying to delude the rest of us.

It is so broken yet a holosmith will trash an SB every time? Arc divider, anyone? It really isn't broken when compared to the other roaming builds.

There's never a limit on 1 broken build at a time. Just because holo smith needs serious nerfing too doesn't excuse soulbeast.

@Doug.4930 said:

There's never a limit on 1 broken build at a time. Just because holo smith needs serious nerfing too doesn't excuse soulbeast.

Balance is relative. No one build dominates and every class has a meta build for WvW in someplace of WvW.

@Anput.4620 said:

Balance is relative. No one build dominates and every class has a meta build for WvW in someplace of WvW.

But when a small number of builds immensely dominate a certain field to the point that if you don't run it you hamstring yourself, then I think its time for some balance adjustment. Soul beast fits this criteria at the moment. Its able to apply way way way too much damage over 1500 range in a very short amount of time, with an insane amount of survivability and kiting potential. No build should have insane 1 shot potential and yet be so hard to put down IF you manage to hail mary survive its burst somehow.

I could make a list of builds that excel far far above others in different areas and need nerfing, but I don't want to distract from the class at hand.

@Doug.4930 said:

But when a small number of builds immensely dominate a certain field to the point that if you don't run it you hamstring yourself, then I think its time for some balance adjustment. Soul beast fits this criteria at the moment. Its able to apply way way way too much damage over 1500 range in a very short amount of time, with an insane amount of survivability and kiting potential. No build should have insane 1 shot potential and yet be so hard to put down IF you manage to hail mary survive its burst somehow.

I could make a list of builds that excel far far above others in different areas and need nerfing, but I don't want to distract from the class at hand.

Single target, and only with skills activated and assuming there's no evade, block, reflect, bubble on target. You're also going to be full glass without the same mitigation abilities other classes have. They fill the role of long range single target sniper. Nerf that and there will be no reason to be rangers in wvw.

@Doug.4930 said:

SB doesn't overperform when compared to Holo, Rev, Mesmer or Berserker, so no. It even gets trashed by many of these like mesmer and Holo.

Balance is relative and pretty fair right now, only necro doesn't have a build that is good for roaming, and heck, rangers don't even have a zerg build and no one is complaining about zerg balance!

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

Single target, and only with skills activated and assuming there's no evade, block, reflect, bubble on target. You're also going to be full glass without the same mitigation abilities other classes have. They fill the role of long range single target sniper. Nerf that and there will be no reason to be rangers in wvw.

And they do that job far far too well. We're not talking about nerfing them into the ground. But 40k damage? On a single target in 2 seconds? Nope that should not be a thing, and I think given the replies on threads like this and others, most people would agree with me.Also, the soul beast dual axe hybrid roamer would like a word with you. Rangers have more than just a pew pew you're dead build.

@Anput.4620 said:

SB doesn't overperform when compared to Holo, Rev, Mesmer or Berserker, so no. It even gets trashed by many of these like mesmer and Holo.

Balance is relative and pretty fair right now, only necro doesn't have a build that is good for roaming, and heck, rangers don't even have a zerg build and no one is complaining about zerg balance!

We'll have to agree to disagree. I could find common ground with you on SB vs holo. But in my opinion SB greatly outperforms Revs, mesmers and berserkers. A well played soulbeast really shouldn't lose those matchups. Further more Its more than just 1v1 balance. A Soul beast being able to sit in a tower and deal 40k worth of damage in 2 seconds or less at 1,500 range is extremely unbalanced in my view.

Idk maybe im just cynical, but balance seems to have died long ago when HOT released. These days the vast majority of players are running builds that they've pasted directly from meta battle. I feel like Soulbeasts and Holosmiths take up more than half of the roamers (groups of 3 or less, even 3 is starting to become a squad raid rather than roaming imo.) on a map at any given time. If you're not running a holo or SB then you need to work so much harder to perform what those builds can do with much less effort.

@Doug.4930 said:

And they do that job far far too well. We're not talking about nerfing them into the ground. But 40k damage? On a single target in 2 seconds? Nope that should not be a thing, and I think given the replies on threads like this and others, most people would agree with me.Also, the soul beast dual axe hybrid roamer would like a word with you. Rangers have more than just a pew pew you're dead build.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I could find common ground with you on SB vs holo. But in my opinion SB greatly outperforms Revs, mesmers and berserkers. A well played soulbeast really shouldn't lose those matchups. Further more Its more than just 1v1 balance. A Soul beast being able to sit in a tower and deal 40k worth of damage in 2 seconds or less at 1,500 range is extremely unbalanced in my view.

Idk maybe im just cynical, but balance seems to have died long ago when HOT released. These days the vast majority of players are running builds that they've pasted directly from meta battle. I feel like Soulbeasts and Holosmiths take up more than half of the roamers (groups of 3 or less, even 3 is starting to become a squad raid rather than roaming imo.) on a map at any given time. If you're not running a holo or SB then you need to work so much harder to perform what those builds can do with much less effort.

You’re leaving out a lot of info in your assessment. The burst damage you’re talking about is only assuming target is full glass and the ranger is full glass+utilities used+25 stacks of might given by supporting teammates and only if the guy doesn’t evade/block/invul/reflect. You’re talking about 1 in 100 encounters. It’s exaggerated. If that aspect gets nerfed without any other aspect getting massive buffs no one will play ranger in wvw.