Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Constantly Lagging Out/ Disconnecting


Recommended Posts

Posted this on the bugs section as I was fairly certain the cause wasn't on my end, but now I'm not sure what's going on. Quoting original post for context:

"I'm constantly lagging out and disconnecting from Guild Wars 2, and this issue is isolated to Guild Wars; I can alt+tab and run a Speedtest/browse the forums while completely lagged out in game. As you can see in this screenshot, all of my abilities look as if they're being cast and they constantly flicker like that, and I am standing on an enemy point but it is not ticking down for me to capture. When an enemy came to the point to defend they were able to hit me but I was unable to do anything in return.

So just an update, as you can see here my ping spiked over 4k, and as you can see here I've been monitoring my ping to Google's DNS server which has sat around 50 with no spikes, so I don't believe it to be a network issue on my end.

Also, tried repairing client, restarting modem/router, changing network cables. Still having issues, still only affecting GW2."

Then I discovered the GW2 Diagnostic tool and ran that:

=============================================================================== Tracing network paths (about 10 mins)

--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 206.127.158.1 <--

Tracing route to 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]over a maximum of 30 hops:0 DESKTOP-16FPUJQ [192.168.0.5]1 192.168.0.12 10.206.112.13 71-44-17-70.net.bhntampa.com [71.44.17.70]4 ten0-1-0-7-1.tamp20-car2.bhn.net [72.31.3.110]5 71-44-17-119.net.bhntampa.com [71.44.17.119]6 10.bu-ether15.tamsflde20w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.96]7 ae-9.bar1.Tampa1.Level3.net [4.68.72.205]8 ae-1-3104.edge7.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.159.34]9 195.16.162.18610 206-127-157-94.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.94]11 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]

Computing statistics for 137 seconds...Source to Here This Node/LinkHop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address0 DESKTOP-16FPUJQ [192.168.0.5]0/ 50 = 0% |1 6ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 192.168.0.10/ 50 = 0% |2 --- 50/ 50 =100% 50/ 50 =100% 10.206.112.10/ 50 = 0% |3 13ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 71-44-17-70.net.bhntampa.com [71.44.17.70]0/ 50 = 0% |4 18ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ten0-1-0-7-1.tamp20-car2.bhn.net [72.31.3.110]0/ 50 = 0% |5 18ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 71-44-17-119.net.bhntampa.com [71.44.17.119]1/ 50 = 2% |6 20ms 1/ 50 = 2% 0/ 50 = 0% 10.bu-ether15.tamsflde20w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.96]0/ 50 = 0% |7 15ms 1/ 50 = 2% 0/ 50 = 0% ae-9.bar1.Tampa1.Level3.net [4.68.72.205]13/ 50 = 26% |8 --- 50/ 50 =100% 36/ 50 = 72% ae-1-3104.edge7.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.159.34]0/ 50 = 0% |9 132ms 19/ 50 = 38% 5/ 50 = 10% 195.16.162.1860/ 50 = 0% |10 --- 50/ 50 =100% 36/ 50 = 72% 206-127-157-94.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.94]0/ 50 = 0% |11 131ms 14/ 50 = 28% 0/ 50 = 0% 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]

Trace complete.--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 64.25.39.1 <--

Tracing route to 64.25.33-1.ncsoft.com [64.25.39.1]over a maximum of 30 hops:0 DESKTOP-16FPUJQ [192.168.0.5]1 192.168.0.12 10.206.112.13 71-44-17-70.net.bhntampa.com [71.44.17.70]4 ten0-1-0-7-1.tamp20-car2.bhn.net [72.31.3.110]5 ten0-0-0-2.tamp24-ser2.bhn.net [72.31.211.176]6 10.bu-ether15.tamsflde20w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.96]7 ae-9.bar1.Tampa1.Level3.net [4.68.72.205]8 *
Computing statistics for 87 seconds...Source to Here This Node/LinkHop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address0 DESKTOP-16FPUJQ [192.168.0.5]0/ 50 = 0% |1 3ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 192.168.0.10/ 50 = 0% |2 --- 50/ 50 =100% 50/ 50 =100% 10.206.112.10/ 50 = 0% |3 13ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 71-44-17-70.net.bhntampa.com [71.44.17.70]0/ 50 = 0% |4 18ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ten0-1-0-7-1.tamp20-car2.bhn.net [72.31.3.110]0/ 50 = 0% |5 18ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ten0-0-0-2.tamp24-ser2.bhn.net [72.31.211.176]0/ 50 = 0% |6 21ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 10.bu-ether15.tamsflde20w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.96]0/ 50 = 0% |7 15ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ae-9.bar1.Tampa1.Level3.net [4.68.72.205]

Trace complete.--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 13.32.188.58 <--

Tracing route to server-13-32-188-58.atl51.r.cloudfront.net [13.32.188.58]over a maximum of 30 hops:0 DESKTOP-16FPUJQ [192.168.0.5]1 192.168.0.12 10.206.112.13 72-31-237-35.net.bhntampa.com [72.31.237.35]4 ten0-1-0-7-1.tamp20-car2.bhn.net [72.31.3.110]5 ten0-4-0-5.ORLD71-CAR2.bhn.net [72.31.218.8]6 72-31-188-180.net.bhntampa.com [72.31.188.180]7 10.bu-ether15.orldfljo00w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.98]8 bu-ether18.atlngamq47w-bcr01.tbone.rr.com [66.109.1.72]9 unk-426d057d.adelphiacom.net [66.109.5.125]10 52.95.218.21811 54.239.104.16412 54.239.104.7513 54.239.105.3714
Computing statistics for 162 seconds...Source to Here This Node/LinkHop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address0 DESKTOP-16FPUJQ [192.168.0.5]0/ 50 = 0% |1 8ms 1/ 50 = 2% 1/ 50 = 2% 192.168.0.10/ 50 = 0% |2 --- 50/ 50 =100% 50/ 50 =100% 10.206.112.10/ 50 = 0% |3 13ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 72-31-237-35.net.bhntampa.com [72.31.237.35]0/ 50 = 0% |4 17ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ten0-1-0-7-1.tamp20-car2.bhn.net [72.31.3.110]0/ 50 = 0% |5 24ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ten0-4-0-5.ORLD71-CAR2.bhn.net [72.31.218.8]0/ 50 = 0% |6 21ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 72-31-188-180.net.bhntampa.com [72.31.188.180]0/ 50 = 0% |7 23ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 10.bu-ether15.orldfljo00w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.98]0/ 50 = 0% |8 31ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% bu-ether18.atlngamq47w-bcr01.tbone.rr.com [66.109.1.72]0/ 50 = 0% |9 35ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% unk-426d057d.adelphiacom.net [66.109.5.125]50/ 50 =100% |10 --- 50/ 50 =100% 0/ 50 = 0% 52.95.218.2180/ 50 = 0% |11 --- 50/ 50 =100% 0/ 50 = 0% 54.239.104.1640/ 50 = 0% |12 --- 50/ 50 =100% 0/ 50 = 0% 54.239.104.750/ 50 = 0% |13 --- 50/ 50 =100% 0/ 50 = 0% 54.239.105.37

Trace complete.Section completed in 322.55 seconds

As you can see there, there's lots of packet loss, and consistently "10.206.112.1" has 100% packet loss, which I originally thought was my ISP's address, but if that were the case I wouldn't be able to use the internet at all, right? And everything is working fine except for Guild Wars 2. Any advice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! I've been having the same problem for quite a while now, and consistently with the 10.xx.xx.xx map ip's. Talked with the support and they're telling me that my isp provider is giving me an old dns information. Called my isp and they say it's not on their end. I think the "old dns" thing is just a go-to answer for most of these problems by the support since I read the same thing on a forum post a bout a player's correspondence with the support team.

Also, if you try running a trace on the 10.xx.xx.xx ip's there's no ping request being sent back, and when you do search it, it's a private ip.

I just want to say that you are not alone in this issue.

Here is a forum post I made a few weeks ago about this: here

And may I ask what region are you playing from? Also, NA or EU server?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@antares.5916 said:Hi! I've been having the same problem for quite a while now, and consistently with the 10.xx.xx.xx map ip's. Talked with the support and they're telling me that my isp provider is giving me an old dns information. Called my isp and they say it's not on their end. I think the "old dns" thing is just a go-to answer for most of these problems by the support since I read the same thing on a forum post a bout a player's correspondence with the support team.

Also, if you try running a trace on the 10.xx.xx.xx ip's there's no ping request being sent back, and when you do search it, it's a private ip.

I just want to say that you are not alone in this issue.

Here is a forum post I made a few weeks ago about this: here

And may I ask what region are you playing from? Also, NA or EU server?

I'm playing from Tampa, FL (NA). This issue didn't arise until about 2 days ago, and it's been intermittent connection, massive ping spikes, and disconnects ever since. I can't even play it's so bad. Meanwhile I'm downloading a game on Steam at 30MB/s, watching Netflix, running a SpeedTest, and talking to people on Discord without issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Helbjorne.9368 said:

@antares.5916 said:Hi! I've been having the same problem for quite a while now, and consistently with the 10.xx.xx.xx map ip's. Talked with the support and they're telling me that my isp provider is giving me an old dns information. Called my isp and they say it's not on their end. I think the "old dns" thing is just a go-to answer for most of these problems by the support since I read the same thing on a forum post a bout a player's correspondence with the support team.

Also, if you try running a trace on the 10.xx.xx.xx ip's there's no ping request being sent back, and when you do search it, it's a private ip.

I just want to say that you are not alone in this issue.

Here is a forum post I made a few weeks ago about this:

And may I ask what region are you playing from? Also, NA or EU server?

I'm playing from Tampa, FL (NA). This issue didn't arise until about 2 days ago, and it's been intermittent connection, massive ping spikes, and disconnects ever since. I can't even play it's so bad. Meanwhile I'm downloading a game on Steam at 30MB/s, watching Netflix, running a SpeedTest, and talking to people on Discord without issue.

Yeah I've been experiencing the very same thing. Everything else besides GW2 is fine. I can play other online games, stream videos, use Discord, basically anything really, without a hitch. It's only in GW2 that I have issues.

Whatever it is I hope it goes away soon. Can't really enjoy the PoF maps really well since most of the time, they're on the 10.xx.xx.xx ip :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, it appears the DC issues are tied to instanced content. I tried running fractals and once I got in I could run around but I couldn't use any abilities until I got booted back to the character screen after about 3min due to a "Network Error." While in Heart of the Mists I also get periodic disconnects, and inside of PvP matches I'm constantly lagging out/ getting 4k ping spikes. This has only become a major issue since yesterday's new build, and I can't even play the damn game. While running around in Lion's Arch and other "open world" areas it appears the network issues are gone. Please help us ArenaNet, we'd like to play the game again.

RIP - Just got kicked to the character screen with a disconnect message, although to be fair that happened fairly often before I was having the actual disconnect issues. I assumed it was a bug associated with sPvP, as I almost always "disconnected" at the end of the match (but wouldn't have latency/lag issues at all while in game).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in Tampa, FL(NA) too and past two to three days same issue! My game is even tearing at some points its so bad. I updated video drivers and even trying to uninstall and reinstall client now. Glad I'm not only person but its really bad to the point I can only go in and play TP but today and last night thats even lagging out!Hellborne.9369 are you on spectrum or on frontier? Wondering if it may due on one of their parts??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Musefairy.9148 said:I'm in Tampa, FL(NA) too and past two to three days same issue! My game is even tearing at some points its so bad. I updated video drivers and even trying to uninstall and reinstall client now. Glad I'm not only person but its really bad to the point I can only go in and play TP but today and last night thats even lagging out!Hellborne.9369 are you on spectrum or on frontier? Wondering if it may due on one of their parts??

I'm on Spectrum. I just had a guildmate who was staying at a family friend's house in Florida say they were having the same issues, but they don't know their friend's ISP. It's entirely possible that it's an ISP related issue, which would still suck because I have no clue how they'd be able to fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok Yea i'm on spectrum too. We've had intermitten lag issues before but this is just horribly bad in gw2 lately. I can do anything else on my laptop, just gw2 is almost unplayable. Unfortunately since Spectrum is technically part of Charter its a notch above other reports i hear from other gamers on other games with Charter. It's a very sucky internet company..and Frontier sucks also...so lesser of 2 evils... :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Musefairy.9148 said:Ok Yea i'm on spectrum too. We've had intermitten lag issues before but this is just horribly bad in gw2 lately. I can do anything else on my laptop, just gw2 is almost unplayable. Unfortunately since Spectrum is technically part of Charter its a notch above other reports i hear from other gamers on other games with Charter. It's a very sucky internet company..and Frontier sucks also...so lesser of 2 evils... :/

Well hopefully the issue gets resolved soon. What's interesting is that there's people running into this same issue and they don't have Spectrum or live in this state either. Maybe there's a bad physical connection somewhere that we're all getting routed through? I don't know...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so it seems the common issue with every report i'd seen of this is these lines/addresses :ae-1-3104.edge7.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.159.34]206-127-157-94.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.94]if we look at the report above, or my own report these particular hops are failing for both of us, and i'm not sure where to go from there... anyone have ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

If you have issues please post the results of -diag and -log flags, what you were doing at the time of the issue/error, what the error code was, and the results of a tracert as described in this thread.If you need help with how to do that please see this link from the GW2Wiki.We are trying accumulate as much information as we can for ArenaNet to pinpoint and solve these problems and the more feedback we give them, the better chance we have of getting this all solved sooner.

Thanks <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been having this same problem all week. Just constant pingspikes no matter what I am doing. As soon as I login ping shoots into the thousands/hundreds and this continues to happen randomly and consistently no matter what I am doing. Getting up to 4.8k pings in WvW, completely unplayable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yupjust quit the game now after multiple 4k++ ping hits

100% sure its not on my endthis is a problem thats been going on for yearsits the same problem and they say the same rubbish to down play it if they ever say anything at all

i guess unless the majority cries about it they just dont care

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

From Singapore here, getting the same problem as of late. All my IPs appear as private ones and I get very frequent disconnects in-game. My connection appears to be fine, it's really fast even on other games.

One thing I've observed so far is that sometimes, there is no latency issue at all (even with the private IP). But once the latency kicks in, it will render it impossible to play because it lags so bad that none of my skills are responsive and I get d/c eventually after awhile. The problem can persist for awhile but I haven't really measured it as I'd just quit and come back to it much later. I can only remember latency kicking in during zergs in WvW, but it could be coincidental since that's what I've been playing mostly. What happened just now (which triggered this post) was that it just happened, as I logged into the game after coming home from work.

Starting to wonder if it's to do with the load during Halloween. :/

Update: I tried using Google Public DNS and I'm not experiencing the problems. However, I can't be sure if this actually worked around the issue; the problem may have just gone away by itself (temporarily) for now. Might be worth a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...