Following Metas for event

I'm having an extremely hard time actually finding any metas to participate in. The UI panel seems to just direct you to every single potential meta event, regardless of whether or not it's actually active.The wiki timers don't seem to be accurate, because none of the supposedly active metas have actually been active when I went there.I've only been able to participate in 1 meta so far, and that's because it was a Maguuma event that showed up on my portal device.At one point the wiki was saying that one of the Heart of Maguuma metas was active, and my portal device didn't even say it would be open soon, let alone currently active. And obviously, it wasn't active when I went there in person either.

How are people finding the active meta events to participate in?

That's the one on the wiki I was talking about with the inaccurate times. Not a single one has actually been active for me when that list says it is.

Is it possible you are getting onto maps that were created by overflow after the time the meta is due to start? If a map is made after the trigger for the event, the event doesn't happen.

That's the one on the wiki I was talking about with the inaccurate times. Not a single one has actually been active for me when that list says it is.

Is it possible you are getting onto maps that were created by overflow after the time the meta is due to start? If a map is made after the trigger for the event, the event doesn't happen.

That might be it, because I've managed to get into a couple events listed successfully since making this post.Before that I tried entering I think 3 or 4 of them that were supposed to have just started but hadn't. And I tried waiting for one or two to start in advance but it never did.

The 6 temple events, Fire Shaman and Silverwastes seem the most tricky for me as they don't have set timers like the others do.

I found myself sticking the Crystal Desert events mostly while sqeezing in a Death Branded Shatterer (doesn't contribute), Vinewreath, Chak Gerrant and Mouth of Mordremoth when I could.

The Elon Riverlands Meta doesn't give rewards until the Doppleganger is killed so you actually have time to do something else during the Path to Ascension phase.I used that time to squeese in a Vinewrath, check the god temples or complete Junundu Rising (dones't contribute) as i'm still after the mini Junundu worm.

Im going to try to do at least 1 Chak Gerrant, Junundu Rising, Mouth of Mordremoth and Death Branded Shatterer per day while this event is live as they give daily rewards.But for the Event itself I'll mostly stick to running the Crystal Desert events and trying to get a Vinewrath in here and there.

When checking the events on wiki just check what time it has you as (usually will be UTC+/-#). If that time is not correct for you hen might need to check pc clock or setting. That can sometimes be what is giving you events that are not happening.