New WvW mode suggestion

TheBravery.9615

Map Design

1. Merge all servers, and spit them out into 3 servers.
  2. Create a continent map like this https://i.imgur.com/fzdIANW.jpg (remove victorian and oreole continents to get the idea) and give each server a “home instance” within their continent Can be the existing citadel locations in alpine borderland.
  3. Create map instances within each continent, like this http://i.imgur.com/3q6m72M.jpg
  4. Create new maps that can comfortably fit 100 players in it without excessive roaming to find an enemy player, or take snippets of existing wvw maps, or even pve maps. (example: http://i.imgur.com/n9Kepjc.jpg or even the garden of divinity’s reach)
  5. Further divide the map into quadrants (e.g. https://i.imgur.com/BqOw0ru.jpg ), and place an “Obelisk” within each hexagon. Make half of the quadrants red, and the other half of the quadrants blue, with a visible front line.
  6. Open up all keep / tower doors, remove all supply camps, and make all map objectives neutral. Give two spawn points in the form of an impenetrable tower, located in opposite sides of the map. Remove all forms of PvE from WvW. (Includes lords, guards, ambient creatures, moas etc). Have an uncontestable waypoint in the impenetrable tower, allow use of the waypoint to return to your spawn tower, but include a 10 second channel before returning.

Mode Design

Within each continent, battles are now initiated by invading a bordering enemy instance, called by 10 players from a server. This starts a timer where players can begin to populate the instance and prepare for battle (see the right side of http://i.imgur.com/3q6m72M.jpg to get an idea). This controls the number of players one side can have, and prevents one side from outnumbering the opposing side through the use of queues (e.g. if the red side has 40 players, and the blue side have 39 players, the red side is queued and locked until the blue side gets 40 players. The third server is allowed to join either side as mercenaries, to fill a sides army.) The battle will begin in 3 minutes of declaring a battle.

Instead of a continuously active wvw mode, battles last an hour. Players will need to kill enemy players, or destroy the enemy obelisks to score points. Obelisks reveals the location of enemy players nearby (think sentries in current wvw), and when destroyed, turns color and begin revealing locations of nearby enemies for the team that destroyed it. Obelisks deeper within enemy territory reward more points, but are more difficult to destroy. Players can turn their obelisks back into their color, but will award less points.

The victorious side in the battle will be determined by equal consideration through kills, and captured obelisks. When a side is victorious, the instance will change color and allow a battle in a different map instance. ( http://i.imgur.com/3q6m72M.jpg )

Both of the impenetrable spawn towers have a supply depot that periodically refills itself from a yak that walks to it from several random corners of the map. The supply can be used to build siege weaponry. (Catapults and trebs can damage obelisks that are deeper beyond the frontline, flame rams can damage obelisks faster, etc)

What this hopes achieves

* Allows for the introduction of fresh new maps* Embrace the player oriented action in WvW more over PvE elements* Facilitate open field fights while enabling roamers to cause havok at various locations in a battle, reducing the effectiveness of a zerg blob.* Greatly reduce the controversy of night capping* Facilitate for more evenly matched fights through queues and mercenaries.* End server identity crisis

In short: 1v1 EotM on new maps, long queues and static obelisks as objectives.

BTW creating a new map takes 1 year of development. And then another year to implement workarounds because the map generator had [x] Apply Vertical Design option checked (fauna reduction, vertical portals, jump pads, hay bales, barrier removal, opening additional routes, shrine effects revamp, gliding).

Hi there, and welcome to WvW, good post B)

@TheBravery.9615 said:

Map Design

1. Merge all servers, and spit them out into 3 servers.i agree to this, we can call the 3 servers Overgrowth, Frostreach and Badlands
  2. Create a continent map like this https://i.imgur.com/fzdIANW.jpg (remove victorian and oreole continents to get the idea) and give each server a “home instance” within their continent Can be the existing citadel locations in alpine borderland.i also agree to this we can call the 3 server's home instance as Overgrowth Region, Frostreach Region and Badlands Region
  3. Create map instances within each continent, like this http://i.imgur.com/3q6m72M.jpgi kinda agree to this, we can call instances as Overflow
  4. Create new maps that can comfortably fit 100 players in it without excessive roaming to find an enemy player, or take snippets of existing wvw maps, or even pve maps. (example: http://i.imgur.com/n9Kepjc.jpg or even the garden of divinity’s reach)i somehow agree to this and make some permachilled status when your running solo just like Frostreach reagion
  5. Further divide the map into quadrants (e.g. https://i.imgur.com/BqOw0ru.jpg ), and place an “Obelisk” within each hexagon. Make half of the quadrants red, and the other half of the quadrants blue, with a visible front line.i kinda liked this since if we cap an objective we can have visible territory lines for us to glide
  6. Open up all keep / tower doors, remove all supply camps, and make all map objectives neutral. Give two spawn points in the form of an impenetrable tower, located in opposite sides of the map. Remove all forms of PvE from WvW. (Includes lords, guards, ambient creatures, moas etc). Have an uncontestable waypoint in the impenetrable tower, allow use of the waypoint to return to your spawn tower, but include a 10 second channel before returning.i maybe liking this but having 2nd thoughts, due to Frostreach permachill status, but runningg with a zerg does not affect you with chilled hence all 3 servers can all agree to each other to can each other stuff clockwise without any casualties, i hate EoTM ktrain due to walls and doors delay, this is better, no downtime for ktrain

Mode Design

Within each continent, battles are now initiated by invading a bordering enemy instance, called by 10 players from a server. This starts a timer where players can begin to populate the instance and prepare for battle (see the right side of http://i.imgur.com/3q6m72M.jpg to get an idea). This controls the number of players one side can have, and prevents one side from outnumbering the opposing side through the use of queues (e.g. if the red side has 40 players, and the blue side have 39 players, the red side is queued and locked until the blue side gets 40 players. The third server is allowed to join either side as mercenaries, to fill a sides army.) The battle will begin in 3 minutes of declaring a battle.

i must be liking this, since i can play "WvW" while on queue to this mode

Instead of a continuously active wvw mode, battles last an hour. Players will need to kill enemy players, or destroy the enemy obelisks to score points. Obelisks reveals the location of enemy players nearby (think sentries in current wvw), and when destroyed, turns color and begin revealing locations of nearby enemies for the team that destroyed it. Obelisks deeper within enemy territory reward more points, but are more difficult to destroy. Players can turn their obelisks back into their color, but will award less points.

i definitely like this since skirmish 2 hour battles is too long, make it 1 hr

The victorious side in the battle will be determined by equal consideration through kills, and captured obelisks. When a side is victorious, the instance will change color and allow a battle in a different map instance. ( http://i.imgur.com/3q6m72M.jpg )

i agree to this, we should wait for 5 seconds for the next round instead of EoTM's 5 minute next battle instance

Both of the impenetrable spawn towers have a supply depot that periodically refills itself from a yak that walks to it from several random corners of the map. The supply can be used to build siege weaponry. (Catapults and trebs can damage obelisks that are deeper beyond the frontline, flame rams can damage obelisks faster, etc)

im hoping to like this, let those EoTM ktrainers refill the supplies for us

What this hopes achieves

EoTM v2.0

• 4 months later...

@Norbe.7630 said:Hi there, and welcome to WvW, good post B)

@TheBravery.9615 said:

Map Design
  1. Merge all servers, and spit them out into 3 servers.i agree to this, we can call the 3 servers Overgrowth, Frostreach and Badlands
  2. Create a continent map like this
    (remove victorian and oreole continents to get the idea) and give each server a “home instance” within their continent Can be the existing citadel locations in alpine borderland.i also agree to this we can call the 3 server's home instance as Overgrowth Region, Frostreach Region and Badlands Region
  3. Create map instances within each continent, like this
    i kinda agree to this, we can call instances as Overflow
  4. Create new maps that can comfortably fit 100 players in it without excessive roaming to find an enemy player, or take snippets of existing wvw maps, or even pve maps. (example:
    or even the garden of divinity’s reach)i somehow agree to this and make some permachilled status when your running solo just like Frostreach reagion
  5. Further divide the map into quadrants (e.g.
    ), and place an “Obelisk” within each hexagon. Make half of the quadrants red, and the other half of the quadrants blue, with a visible front line.i kinda liked this since if we cap an objective we can have visible territory lines for us to glide
  6. Open up all keep / tower doors, remove all supply camps, and make all map objectives neutral. Give two spawn points in the form of an impenetrable tower, located in opposite sides of the map. Remove all forms of PvE from WvW. (Includes lords, guards, ambient creatures, moas etc). Have an uncontestable waypoint in the impenetrable tower, allow use of the waypoint to return to your spawn tower, but include a 10 second channel before returning.i maybe liking this but having 2nd thoughts, due to Frostreach permachill status, but runningg with a zerg does not affect you with chilled hence all 3 servers can all agree to each other to can each other stuff clockwise without any casualties, i hate EoTM ktrain due to walls and doors delay, this is better, no downtime for ktrain

Mode Design

Within each continent, battles are now initiated by invading a bordering enemy instance, called by 10 players from a server. This starts a timer where players can begin to populate the instance and prepare for battle (see the right side of
to get an idea). This controls the number of players one side can have, and prevents one side from outnumbering the opposing side through the use of queues (e.g. if the red side has 40 players, and the blue side have 39 players, the red side is queued and locked until the blue side gets 40 players. The third server is allowed to join either side as mercenaries, to fill a sides army.) The battle will begin in 3 minutes of declaring a battle.

i must be liking this, since i can play "WvW" while on queue to this mode

i definitely like this since skirmish 2 hour battles is too long, make it 1 hr

The victorious side in the battle will be determined by equal consideration through kills, and captured obelisks. When a side is victorious, the instance will change color and allow a battle in a different map instance. (
)

i agree to this, we should wait for 5 seconds for the next round instead of EoTM's 5 minute next battle instance

im hoping to like this, let those EoTM ktrainers refill the supplies for us

What this hopes achieves

EoTM v2.0

I cannot upvote this enough.

@Junkpile.7439 said:I just got awseome idea. 100 players would jump down from airship without gear and after landing they would try to find gear and kill other players. Last one alive is winner winner quaggan dinner.Since you cant glide outside your owned territory, everyone would just die anyway and its probably the quaggans that will feast on well tenderized meat.

Archived