? JUNE Poll - You come across your most hated profession in WvW, what is it and why? ?

June 2019 - profession poll & discussion ⚖️

REASON: We're halfway through the year, what grinds your gears on the battlefield?

Below is a list of all professions in order of armor weight e.g; "light" being at the top of the poll list. This list contains all elite specs as well as core in which you may briefly include your reasoning (with current state of the game/balance in mind) as to why you hate encountering them. This can mean anything from individual skills, traits or synergy between the two & profession selected etc. You may elaborate further if it really grinds your gears. Constructive criticism involving suggestions for changes to be made (game balance, counterplay, class diversity etc) is welcome.

EXAMPLE:

CLASS: ScourgeSCENARIO: ZergingWHY: Too much AoE pressure from afar, promotes pirate-shipping; scourge > spellbreaker for boonstrips in zerg

"As a spellbreaker I feel scourge is taking the spotlight for boon strips especially being easier to cast at range. The nerfs to WoD rendered spellbreaker a lesser picked profession in zergs due to how easy it is to send WoD on full CD even if you only get 1 second channel out of it. WoD should be reverted back to a no channel skill (placed where the spellbreaker wants it) and increased from 5 seconds to 7-8 seconds as well as changing the pulse time back from 0.5 seconds to 1 second as this guarantees the entire use of the skill making it feel impacting, let alone incentivising melee to push in and make big plays."

Feel free to discuss - please keep discussion civil. ✔️

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class: ThiefScenario: 1v1 scenarioSpecifically the ones that can't kill you, but continue to run away, OOC, and come back. I don't think they are OP or anything, just annoying. I sigh when I see a thief because I know I have some BS coming my way.

Unrelated: The little pics you put next to each class made me laugh.

A very well played warrior by far (mostly spellbreaker). Even stunlock holos are easy to fight in comparison to a stunlock warrior. ~10s of complete skill denial, knockbacks and stuns while they got the damage to kill you in 3 of those seconds and in turn being impossible to CC. Their built in tankiness doesnt exactly help. Some solo fights I've had with the more bunker variants I've seen them pop rampage 3 times. Fighting a trailblazer mirage is like glass in comparison.

Class: WeaverScenario: RoamingWhy: I occasionally run into highly proficient roaming weavers that outright destroy me. They're rare to come by, but I stand no chance against them. Don't think they need a nerf, it takes some real finger dexterity to play that profession proficiently and the effort put in matches the result.

@knite.1542 said:Class: ThiefScenario: 1v1 scenarioSpecifically the ones that can't kill you, but continue to run away, OOC, and come back. I don't think they are OP or anything, just annoying. I sigh when I see a thief because I know I have some BS coming my way.

Unrelated: The little pics you put next to each class made me laugh.

^this, just annoying as hell, same goes for other speccs that just stealth and disengage whenever they feel like it.And when they finally down you at their tenth atrempt they spam laugh or throw siege... Acting as if they did some incredible never seen outplay.

@pukish.5784 said:CLASS: ScrapperSCENARIO: ZergingWHY: Boring sustain fight. Scrappers in PvP or small scale fight is ok.

So you like fights that end in a single push, oe not even in a push, but alone with pirateshipping enough so that one team loses 5-10 ppl and then retreats?I find those incredible boring.

Dragonhunter is at the very top of my list for most hated things to fight, and has been for a very long time. Although I by no means find it to be OP, I do think it is extremely forgiving and low effort. Free casting colossal amounts of damage while blocking 75% of the fight on top of literally having two legitimate heals ( traited Wings of Resolve is absurd ) just make it obnoxious to deal with.

I don't typically struggle with them, but if I have the option to do so I'll avoid fighting them all together.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:Class: NoneScenario: RoamingWhy: Love to fight every class equally. Each of them gives their own challenges.

I like fighting all of them too.The harder their class/build counters mine, the more pumped I get.If I had to vote for one class, it would be the Necromancers.Dislike fighting any of my brethren but always love seeing them around challenging other classes.

It's a bit hard to pin this down to one class. I think the combination of scourges for area denial and boonstrips combined with revs and/or heavy CC leads to a complete action denial. Unfun to play against.I know it can be countered, have seen it and been part of it repeatedly in the last few days, still it is not that fun to play against.

Class: ScourgeScenario: Zerging

The scourge mechanic with the sand shades has led to annoying area denial fights. You can either sustain or cleanse or try to outscourge the opponents which renders longer melee fights about moot since you can never be sure when the 1000s of red circles below you will proc on and instakill you. In my opinion the only way to solve that problem is to nerf or rework scourge severely in WvW since the design of the elite spec forces a meta which kicks most of the classes out of being viable.

We need scourges to corrupt and damage, firebrands to protect their behinds and if the enemy charges they'll run into the CoR/phase revenant areas. About everything else is useless/barely optional apart from perhaps a scrapper or two as a counter clearing condis done by the scourges and spellbreakers with bubbles.

Love getting +1 by a slb from 1800 range that downs me in one skill(rapid fire+sic em) I'd dodge but I have to use my dodges to get the most out of my dps modifier (thief) from such a well thought out trait so cant just dodge even if I noticed the slb before hand. Oh I gues I shouldn't use up my evades as their my only real sustain,my bad gues traits useless for the most part lmao. Anet balance team definitely need looking into by the company if they want the pvp players to stay around in this mess of a game.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Even if they are not the best roaming class, Dragonhunters are my most hated spec to come across. There is a very deep-seated anger that gets summoned from within me when I get ping-ponged through a trap.

You understand that means you are letting him land a number of CC on you right? You know a single bit of stab will totally mitigate not only his long CD CC, but also the bulk of his damage right? F1 is not that hard to avoid, so it can be dodged or pop stab, if he ports to you with JI etc, pop stab, as the landing of the trap does little damage, it's being pushed out of the trap with shield 5 or bow. I watch people fight DH all the time, and even many YT videos where they win vs a DH, and many of these people are considered "good" players, but I can point out how they could have killed the DH 2-3 times over.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Dragonhunter is at the very top of my list for most hated things to fight, and has been for a very long time. Although I by no means find it to be OP, I do think it is extremely forgiving and low effort. Free casting colossal amounts of damage while blocking 75% of the fight on top of literally having two legitimate heals ( traited Wings of Resolve is absurd ) just make it obnoxious to deal with.

I don't typically struggle with them, but if I have the option to do so I'll avoid fighting them all together.

Why are they free casting on you? If DH is doing "colossal" amounts of damage, they are 100% pure glass, and most of their burst is coming from a trap. That trap can be dodged and half the time you don't need to dodge but just walk away and not trigger it, as the only real way to land it is to burn JI, as such more DH will pull a target into the trap, so they have to land F1 on you, and then hope you don't pop stab, either of which will negate around 70-80% of their burst. LB on DH isn't very good anymore, though I never was a fan, with it's huge nerfs to a obvious rooted, 3/4 second cast time on true shot.

F2 can be interrupted at any point in it's cast, which is quite long and very obvious, which will not give a heal, as heal is on landing. Trap heal is totally your choice to heal the DH, if you see the trap go down, avoid it and he just lost 90% of his healing. I see this ALL the time in fights on YT where the person fighting the DH just walks into the trap when the DH was 10% health, most of the time because they get tunnel vision, had they waited 2 more seconds, the DH would have been dead. Any good player will know and avoid the trap heal and makes it useless to run. It also has a long cast time, and healing was nerfed, if you see him low and the trap go down, just kite him, hes not going to want to move, and if he does move off the trap, hes dead. Also, if he drops the heal trap and has not used F1 for pull, as he uses the heal trap, use stab, because hes going to try and pull you into it, if he has not tethered you with F1 yet, be ready to dodge right after the heal trap is used, as hes going to try and hit you with F1 to pull you into it. Shelter for me is a far better option, however there are lots of unblockables in the game, which can mean death for someone running shelter, as it's heal is totally trash and it's block is the main use to mitigate a burst rather than recover from one.

Find someone in game who mains a DH and duel them while they give you pointers. DH is not that hard to kill unless you are running thief, which DH is a pretty good hard counter to, unless you were running unblockable 1 shot DE. As someone who uses unblockables will show just how squishy DH is with one of the lowest base health pools in the game.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Even if they are not the best roaming class, Dragonhunters are my most hated spec to come across. There is a very deep-seated anger that gets summoned from within me when I get ping-ponged through a trap.

You understand that means you are letting him land a number of CC on you right? You know a single bit of stab will totally mitigate not only his long CD CC, but also the bulk of his damage right? F1 is not that hard to avoid, so it can be dodged or pop stab, if he ports to you with JI etc, pop stab, as the landing of the trap does little damage, it's being pushed out of the trap with shield 5 or bow. I watch people fight DH all the time, and even many YT videos where they win vs a DH, and many of these people are considered "good" players, but I can point out how they could have killed the DH 2-3 times over.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Dragonhunter is at the very top of my list for most hated things to fight, and has been for a very long time. Although I by no means find it to be OP, I do think it is extremely forgiving and low effort. Free casting colossal amounts of damage while blocking 75% of the fight on top of literally having two legitimate heals ( traited Wings of Resolve is absurd ) just make it obnoxious to deal with.

Why are they free casting on you? If DH is doing "colossal" amounts of damage, they are 100% pure glass, and most of their burst is coming from a trap. That trap can be dodged and half the time you don't need to dodge but just walk away and not trigger it, as the only real way to land it is to burn JI, as such more DH will pull a target into the trap, so they have to land F1 on you, and then hope you don't pop stab, either of which will negate around 70-80% of their burst. LB on DH isn't very good anymore, though I never was a fan, with it's huge nerfs to a obvious rooted, 3/4 second cast time on true shot.

F2 can be interrupted at any point in it's cast, which is quite long and very obvious, which will not give a heal, as heal is on landing. Trap heal is totally your choice to heal the DH, if you see the trap go down, avoid it and he just lost 90% of his healing. I see this ALL the time in fights on YT where the person fighting the DH just walks into the trap when the DH was 10% health, most of the time because they get tunnel vision, had they waited 2 more seconds, the DH would have been dead. Any good player will know and avoid the trap heal and makes it useless to run. It also has a long cast time, and healing was nerfed, if you see him low and the trap go down, just kite him, hes not going to want to move, and if he does move off the trap, hes dead. Also, if he drops the heal trap and has not used F1 for pull, as he uses the heal trap, use stab, because hes going to try and pull you into it, if he has not tethered you with F1 yet, be ready to dodge right after the heal trap is used, as hes going to try and hit you with F1 to pull you into it. Shelter for me is a far better option, however there are lots of unblockables in the game, which can mean death for someone running shelter, as it's heal is totally trash and it's block is the main use to mitigate a burst rather than recover from one.

Find someone in game who mains a DH and duel them while they give you pointers. DH is not that hard to kill unless you are running thief, which DH is a pretty good hard counter to, unless you were running unblockable 1 shot DE. As someone who uses unblockables will show just how squishy DH is with one of the lowest base health pools in the game.

You know this thread isnt about that right?

If you feel the need to rant a loooong reply in defense of a class it just shows your bias. If someone has problems with DH... That just means they have problems with DH. Choosing a nemesis is personal.

Voted for SB for obvious reasons, and because they are so prevalent. Otherwise it would be well-played Ele specs (but there are only few, so its not a big problem). They just jump around all the time like a bouncing ball, that you desperately try to catch, while they cast on you over their shoulders.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

You know this thread isnt about that right?

If you feel the need to rant a loooong reply in defense of a class it just shows your bias. If someone has problems with DH... That just means they have problems with DH. Choosing a nemesis is personal.

Pretty sure everything I said was input on how to improve and counter a DH. I guess some people can't take advice?