Fewer Living Season Nodes, but guarentee drop on each hit

Currently, you can spend ages trawling around the living season maps for a currency node and after three hits be rewards with just one of the map currency and mostly rubbish. A small quality of life improvement would be to have fewer nodes on the map, but have them drop a map currency on every swing. It would also reduce the march of the dragonite/emphreyal/bloodstone that accumulates as a result.

I would be in favor of such a change, but I don't see it happening. ANet has learned the "secrets" of MMO design: promote the game's longevity by stretching out reward acquisition; players won't repeat stuff for very long without carrots to chase, but make the right carrot and a lot of them will grind away; many players derive their "fun" by getting stuff, and some of them enjoy it more if their perseverance is rewarded with virtual stuff; and finally, that many players are looking for a hobby or pastime that is a step above vegging while watching TV, and on which they can expend as much of their free time as they care to waste.

OP, I agree. After farming for the latest mount, I realized I was on a specific node NAMED after the CURRENCY I was farming, but failed to gather said currency from many nodes.

TL:DR. Difluorite node should give you difluorite.

If it is an RNG node, please rename to RNG node so that I know that I will probably not get what I want.

We've come a long way from mining petrified wood and getting nothing. From blood rubies being essentially limited to 3 because you only get bloodstone dust from the node besides a few lucky drops.

Half of this season's nodes are guaranteed drops already. I don't see a need to change it. The ones that aren't are usually pretty easy to acquire.

@Tarlonniel.6534 said:

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:What if (and I know this is a crazy idea) they didn't add new currency for the next map and instead used karma?

We don't need you revolutionary types around here. Go hang out with the dredge.

The revolution is off comrades.It's time for plan B: We go back underground and mine all map currencies before the heroes.This way they won't get any.

If they guarantee a drop rate (with few nodes), chances are they will also accompany that with highest unit costs.

For LS4 (except DF), I accumulated currency via map completion and hearts. I don't normally do hearts if I can help it (for me, they are dull dull dull). In this case, they are very efficient especially for Istan (25/day/heart) and Thunderhead (trivial requirements). In a lot of cases, events (especially metas) are also good sources.

On the whole, I see node farming as appealing to those who like or don't mind RNG and heart farming for those who prefer predictability.

It seems to me that the nodes are there to offer a bit extra, rather than as a primary source for most people.

I'm not against the proposal. I just think it's a "be careful what you wish for" one.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:If they guarantee a drop rate (with few nodes), chances are they will also accompany that with highest unit costs.

For LS4 (except DF), I accumulated currency via map completion and hearts. I don't normally do hearts if I can help it (for me, they are dull dull dull). In this case, they are very efficient especially for Istan (25/day/heart) and Thunderhead (trivial requirements). In a lot of cases, events (especially metas) are also good sources.

On the whole, I see node farming as appealing to those who like or don't mind RNG and heart farming for those who prefer predictability.

It seems to me that the nodes are there to offer a bit extra, rather than as a primary source for most people.

I'm not against the proposal. I just think it's a "be careful what you wish for" one.

I was doing both as an experiment, in Sandswept Isle and Thunderhead, on Sandswept I hit every Diflourite node and did all the Hearts and some events...I averaged 50 - 60 Diflourite crystals per day that way. In Thunderhead it was less, 40 - 50 because I didn't hit every single node there as I was to lazy to find them all...of course, if I really wasn't in a hurry to gather map currencies I would just switch every so often using my Black Lion Expedition board...that gives anywhere from 2 - 8 of the currency from which ever map you have them gathering from per day, granted that will take longer than farming, but if you're not in a hurry.