Optimization Issues? Ridiculously Long Loading Screens? Please fix this!

Before anyone asks, I've tried all the common troubleshooting methods, turning down the resolution, deleting the cache or local.dat, etc. etc.

Furthermore, I play other MMORPG's: World of Warcraft, BDO, ESO, etc. and I have ZERO issues with loading screens or zoning into instances. This is without a question a GW2 only issue and it feels like it has gotten worse... these long loading screens are sucking the fun out of the game for me, specifically in PvP...

For some god-awful reason, the development team thought it would make sense to have not one but TWO loading screens whenever you are zoning back into a game after getting disconnected.

The game has become super laggy and borderline unplayable. I'm not sure if you cut back on servers and your instance management is overloaded but something is not right.

I hope this does not fall on deaf ears but please fix this nonsense and CONSIDER removing double loading screens when reconnecting.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I've never had two loading screens back to back.

Neither has loading gone up in recent months. You've said you have tried everything, so I won't have any advice on that front anymore, but what constitutes "long loading" for you? I've come to expect 20 seconds on populated maps, sometimes going into 30 to 40 territory. I wouldn't call that very long, considering that the next loading screen might be hours away.

Going from Fallen Masks in AB to Jaka Itzel in VB took only 15s on a 7200 RPM drive ...

Around 11s swapping between characters while flax farming in VBSwapping from a character in VB over to a character at Accountancy Waypoint in Rata Sum takes 28s.Trader's Forum in LA was strangely fast at only 13sMistlock Sanctuary took 20sGoing back to LA only took 8sGoing over to Minister's Waypoint in Divinity's Reach took 9s.Heading back to Accountacy Waypoint again only took 18s

Looks okay to me for a HDD.

Edit: Hmm number of players around doesn't seem to matter. Loading into an empty Gilded Hollow still took 13s.

@Blocki.4931 said:I've never had two loading screens back to back.

Unless you play sPvP you are unlikely to encounter this unless you also happen to disconnect in some specific way(I don't know the details but for me it only seems to happen if I disconnect due to packet loss).

For sPvP you will get a double loading screen if you disconnect in the middle of a ranked/unranked arena match. The game seems to require you to load at least partially into the lobby before it realizes you are supposed to be in a match and then it shoves you into the match.

Based on the rest of the complaints is sounds more like OP is having some connection issues. Given the other information it is not a general ISP issue but rather something specific to the route taken between OP and the AWS servers.

There's also a script you can run (implemented in gw2 and runs on startup) to troubleshoot, there's one specifically for loading screens showing the progress for each specific parameter until you get in the map.

Use the troubleshoot section of the official gw2 page to find a list of these scripts and how to use them, they don't alter your game in any way and simply consist of making a new shortcut with a buildt in command which can be deleted at any time.

I myself haven't experienced this loading time increase on any maps using my ssd, so there's a big chance the problem is on your end.

@rng.1024 said:There's also a script you can run (implemented in gw2 and runs on startup) to troubleshoot, there's one specifically for loading screens showing the progress for each specific parameter until you get in the map.

Use the troubleshoot section of the official gw2 page to find a list of these scripts and how to use them, they don't alter your game in any way and simply consist of making a new shortcut with a buildt in command which can be deleted at any time.

I myself haven't experienced this loading time increase on any maps using my ssd, so there's a big chance the problem is on your end.

You may be referring to the Command Line Argument, -maploadinfo.If so, it would be found on the Wiki site page, Command Line Arguments.

Loading screen time has easily quadrupled for me since launch, mostly over the last 3 years, but then again I do need to get an SSD and upgrade my PC in general.Still, the rate at which they are increasing is concerning.

Especially for PvP, making it impossible to swap characters to improve comps with 40 seconds + loading screens at times, especially for the PvP Lobby, or Fractals with it's while shorter still but frequent loading screens, always having your team already be done with the first trash group by the time you come in, is frustrating and didn't used to be the case for years.

For years after launch I used to be the first or one of the first to load into everything, but I guess the requirements just have gone up significantly since then, with my PC upgrades not keeping up as of late.

If I have a character parked in the PvP lobby, and need to log on him to get him to the Aerodrome over Mistlock, that can mean up to 2-3 minutes looking at loading screens these days.

@animositisomina.2931 said:

@animositisomina.2931 said:Step 1: Install d912pxy.Step 2: Enjoy the game, with smooth frames and speedy load times.

That actually makes it worse for me :D

Unless you're running the game on a potato, I find that hard to believe.

:) Well it's not the newest PC no. But I think I have the one setup not really great for dx12 thingie, an SLI GPU setup. While I don't see any chance in loading, I do see somewhat of texture loading that makes it sometimes a bit slower for me. Have to wait for the textures to fully settle or Else i cannot see where to go.WvW I still have to put everything to best performance or else I cannot use any skills at all. But I think that is more potato server than PC :)

@animositisomina.2931 said:Step 1: Install d912pxy.Step 2: Enjoy the game, with smooth frames and speedy load times.

Thanks for this. I've have it downloaded and so far it helps a lot. It's still not running as smooth as the other MMO's that I play so I'm still quite certain that something is seriously wrong with GW2's servers or technology behind their loading screens or something...

Anyway... thanks again, this d912pxy download has helped somewhat.

@Jasher.6580 said:Thanks for this. I've have it downloaded and so far it helps a lot. It's still not running as smooth as the other MMO's that I play so I'm still quite certain that something is seriously wrong with GW2's servers or technology behind their loading screens or something...

Sharing some info about your system (Hard disk model/type , Ram speed/amount) might help us help you further.

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:

@Jasher.6580 said:Thanks for this. I've have it downloaded and so far it helps a lot. It's still not running as smooth as the other MMO's that I play so I'm still quite certain that something is seriously wrong with GW2's servers or technology behind their loading screens or something...

Sharing some info about your system (Hard disk model/type , Ram speed/amount) might help us help you further.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Windows 10, 8 GB RAM.... honestly I don't want to come across as being a jerk but the crux of the matter is that EVERY other MMORPG I play runs absolutely fine. Smooth like butter. GW2 is the ONLY game I am having an issue with.

@animositisomina.2931 said:

That actually makes it worse for me :D

Unless you're running the game on a potato, I find that hard to believe.

I ran the wrapper on my old PC, and while it improved the FPS min by a lot, the loading times doubled. It was a fair trade off IMO, but as this thread is about screen loading times, using d912pxy isn't a solution.

• Like 1