Weapon idea: forged hand cannon

Weapon suggestion:Forged handcannon. Rifle or pistol model based on the forged demolisher mobs literal hand cannon.

It would come with a matching glove skin to match on right hand.

I love the forged and would love to see this as a legendary or gem store model.

Anyone else like this idea?

I could see this happening as a Pistol skin. Keep the Pistol animations, but make the actual "pistol" part invisible, and add a hand or glove effect instead... add a neat shot effect (though not too fancy; don't want to conflict with Legendaries). Yeah, I like this.

Rifle skins could get sticky; the anims wouldn't mesh to a 2-handed weapon unless they changed it to match the beam, and that's a lot of extra work for a non-leggy.

Rifle skins could get sticky; the anims wouldn't mesh to a 2-handed weapon unless they changed it to match the beam, and that's a lot of extra work for a non-leggy.

Well I kinda figured for the rifle you would grip your new "arm" just as you would the rifle so as to steady the blast

@"Samuel.4812" said:

Well I kinda figured for the rifle you would grip your new "arm" just as you would the rifle so as to steady the blast

That's what I was thinking too, but it wouldn't line up properly during aiming or hip-firing animations. The Charr rifle anims in particular have some very awkward lines for this concept. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, merely that it's harder than it looks, and that might make them not want to do it.

Of course, they have done things like this in the past, e.g., the Toy Slingshot shortbow skin, so it's not necessarily deal-breaker.