Mystic coins price is out of control

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Talindra.4958 said:Yup... im broke. Triedto make mystic clovers.. i used a stack mc only get 20 clovers.. i wanted to cry.. u have spare shoulder???????...this is cruel :(

The Mystic Forge is a fickle mistress.

Literally just now for me:10 tries (I only do the recepie for 10 at a time): 20 Clover10th try gives me the 50 Mystic Coin Jackpot -> another 5 tries: 0 Mystic Clover

Bought 100 more Coins, another 10 tries:First 4 tries nothing (making this 19 tries for 20 Clover so far), then 60 Clover in a row from the last 6 tries literally back to back.

Net total: 25 tries, 80 Clover (with a 50 Mystic Coin Jackpot).

But yeah, I've always been somehow lucky to swing my bad luck streaks. I think the worst I had was 50 Clover from a stack (and the best was 80 Clover from 15 tries).

Good Luck on your next run!

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:i just say that imo thats bad game design and a cheap method to force players into buying games. i typical f2p (limited) currency.what if every player want to build a legendary? it would not work. the economy would break. no more coins to buy.but because it is so tedious most of the playerbase dont care. and thats it works somehow.I read that you write and sure that is is good design

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Eramonster.2718 said:Buying 2 clover daily from Fractal Golem. Only sure way to minimize loses sadly.

thanks for the reminder to buy from fractal golem i totally forgot that.... i will do that actually because i still need to do the ring and i ran out of mc already.

Fractal Golem costs 1 MC + 3 Ecto per clover (+ frac relics)

If we accept that market activity is:good for the average player, increasing their access to rewardsproportional to the demand for golddependent on the studio creating a broad topography of supply and demand potentialdependent on players creating kinetic market activity

If the studio creates income from player demand for gold, then it is rational to ask what the deal is with Mystic Coins.

The studio uses the relatively inelastic supply potential of MCs to modulate the demand frequency and production rate of luxury skins. Since luxury skins require large supplies of many materials, this modulation adds significant structure to the economy. The studio trades elasticity for certainty. There is virtually no rng involved in the supply of MCs. I think this is a significant deal. I would prefer supply to expand only when it must and always without rng. The luxury demand footprint and certainty of supply makes MCs very good at transferring wealth. I would decrease the footprint making them easier to sell, before expanding supply. Mystic coins reward the minimum amount of effort, day one of entry into Tyria, with something valuable.

Imo, with Mystic Coins, the studio as the Big Cat in Sky offers a square deal.

Player base maturity has a significant impact on the evolution of MC market price. The general market place looks mature, as though the demand for Ascended has fallen and the demand for Legendaries increased or remained the same. The effects of being used as a grey market currency or value standard will be expressed as market price. The grey market will generate trade and increase trade frequency, close the gap between buy and sell bids. Perhaps the most likely scenario is an increase in price and greater price stability.

Mystic Coins are not out of control. They are expensive but I don't know what the price should be. I would be concerned about a maturing player base but am hopeful about whatever the studio has planned to increase the player base.

edit: The release of Vision could have triggered demand for Aurora and Coalescence, having a larger than expected impact on price.

The price of MCs is what it is .There is no correct price or any other sort of price.The alternative is for Anet to manipulate the market which is essentially a form of price control which will kill the market very quickly.The basic problem are the players who want instant gratification , or I want some new shiny NOW, and I cant wait to collect my own MCs like the people who are selling on the TP have done.

@Gambino.2109 said:Well you take a good guess why the Mystic coins are the way they are now? Anet got rid of the monthlies which gave a bonus on top of the dailies.. In case you had forgotten.

It was changed to give them more value.. and it definitely is being felt now.

That may be one factor but I’d say the primary reason is all of the sinks they added since HoT released.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Eramonster.2718 said:Buying 2 clover daily from Fractal Golem. Only sure way to minimize loses sadly.

thanks for the reminder to buy from fractal golem i totally forgot that.... i will do that actually because i still need to do the ring and i ran out of mc already.

Fractal Golem costs 1 MC + 3 Ecto per clover (+ frac relics)

Yes i know better than throwing 250 mc to get 20 clovers. ?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:something you can not farm. imo bad design

My post has already debunked that theory. Mystic Coins are farmable. Period. No no no...don't start typing an objection, I'm speaking in facts, not feelings. Mystic Coins are as farmable as Amalgamated gemstones.

You walk in to Auric Basin, you defeat the Octovine, you get an Amalgamated Gemstone 1 time per day.You kill the Legendary Ley Line Anomaly, you get a Mystic Coin 1 time per day.

The. Same. Thing.

The problem posters like you have is that you don't
the available methods for farming MCs, or want more of them, but that is a different debate.

Mystic Coins are farmable. To say otherwise is just factually incorrect.

I think you are joking. Or, at least you are trolling.

Let's see: I can kill the Anomaly and I get 1 MC. And I must stop for today. BUT, what is stopping me to go in VB after AB? And then to go in TD? And then to DS? And then to switch to the PoF maps? By doing what you suggest you can have 30 MC/month. But you can have around 240 Amalgamated Gems/month. And you still insist that this is the same thing?

But now it comes the surprise (for you). I can craft my own Amalgamated Gems, without doing the farming of the events. And I can do as many as I want, because doing the ordinary activity of gathering mithrill (TONS of mithrill for a Legendary) you can get a lot of Crystals. Then you can convert them into Orbs. And the orbs into Amalgamated. You see, your comparation between MC and Amalgamated Gemstone is completely wrong.

@zionophir.6845 said:

my time here is worthless.

Well hopefully you will leave today with the knowledge that 2+2 = 4, in which case something positive has occurred. If not, well, there is always tomorrow.

2+2=52+II(Roman Numerals)=52+ii=52+11b=52+3=5

2+2=5 proven using methamatics..

~QED

Well, sorry to contradict you both. Although some old school mathematicians insist that 2+2=4 the general beliefs was that 2+2 is different from 4. The case of 2 + 2 = 5 is a late trend. But now we know that the result of 2=2 is not 4 and is not 5 also. I saw even on YouTube. All the world knows now that 2+2=22.

So, I expect now that after doing the GoB reward track twice to have 22 Mystic Clovers as reward.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Some people just have an issue buying an item. They want to farm them. They would gladly spend time farming 4 per hour then doing the many things you can do to get 15 gold per hour and buying 8 or selling the ez AG you can get and buying MC which is almost break even.But that's not a system flaw, that's simply personal preference of some. The system however is built on the assumption that (almost) everything you get in this game is somehow useful to you, even if just as a means to gain more coin to buy the stuff you really need at the moment.

The downside of trying to make every drop valuable to every player in some way is that there is pretty much always some resource you are short of (since if everything would drop in amounts that satisfied everyone's needs there wouldn't be any trades any more and the drops you don't need would be pure trash). Unless people are very patient and huge hoarders, they will find themselves using the trading post eventually, and most likely for luxury resources like mystic coins.

Personally I have to say that the loot/trading system in this game is one of the major reasons why I play this game over others out there. I've had my share of farming and hoping for rare drops in other games I have played. These days I prefer a game that guarantees me access to the vast majority of rewards simply by playing what I enjoy (even if that means I have to buy them from another player via the trading post).

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Some people just have an issue buying an item. They want to farm them. They would gladly spend time farming 4 per hour then doing the many things you can do to get 15 gold per hour and buying 8 or selling the ez AG you can get and buying MC which is almost break even.

Sure, such people exist. The thread is about the price being out of control. Greater supply might allow for the player type you cite to get more MC's without spending gold (depending on how those extra coins get into the game). The presenting compliant in the thread, though, can be translated to, "I'm fine with buying coins, but I have a tolerance threshold on how much gold I'm willing to farm/spend per coin."