As a guild leader, I cannot email more than two members within x time... Its time to fix some things

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:Why talk about a fix when things are working as designed.The measure is in place to fight RMT (a.k.a. goldsellers). These people are a burden for the community as for the spam they are causing and cause they are the number one reason accounts get hacked. For Arenanet they are a burden as they monetise their game instead of themself. So there is a mutual interest to fight it.The result is a burden indeed. But to me, the cause is more important and the annoyance is not as much since I understood the background.

That is fine. Make it to where guild leaders / officers can msg people in their own guild all they want via DM. Like, if you're part of X guild, that measure no longer applies to everyone in that guild. If gold sellers are a problem, then trust guilds to be able to moderate their guild and kick them out. Easy

And what would stop a goldseller to form a guild and use the priveleges to bypass the meassures in place?? or worse use hacked accounts to destroy entire guilds!No thank you!!

So ... WHO would join a gold seller guild. You know you have to accept to be IN it.

@"hugo.4705" said:Speaking of messages limit, in our guild wtnf we have the habit of giving away dyes to other members when we already unlocked them. When you have 15 dyes to give with each one a different player who want the dye it become really annoying and frustating and that very fast: Just sent the first mail with two dyes and already have the message "excessive messaging, wait before sending a mail again" the same thing with chat when publishing dyes name/code....

if you have a guild where you can trust everyone, just send all the dyes to 1 person, he can have 2 of them, and the other 13 he has to mail to the next person, that person keeps 2 and mail 9 to the next person and so on.oops i forgot you can only mail 5 or 10 at a time, then it is 2 guildys 5 each.

@keenedge.9675 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:Why talk about a fix when things are working as designed.The measure is in place to fight RMT (a.k.a. goldsellers). These people are a burden for the community as for the spam they are causing and cause they are the number one reason accounts get hacked. For Arenanet they are a burden as they monetise their game instead of themself. So there is a mutual interest to fight it.The result is a burden indeed. But to me, the cause is more important and the annoyance is not as much since I understood the background.

That is fine. Make it to where guild leaders / officers can msg people in their own guild all they want via DM. Like, if you're part of X guild, that measure no longer applies to everyone in that guild. If gold sellers are a problem, then trust guilds to be able to moderate their guild and kick them out. Easy

And what would stop a goldseller to form a guild and use the priveleges to bypass the meassures in place?? or worse use hacked accounts to destroy entire guilds!No thank you!!

So ... WHO would join a gold seller guild. You know you have to accept to be IN it.

Yes,

The meassures in place are not just about spam, but also cause goldsellers use the mail function for other things. As explained before I do not think this is the place to discuss the methods of goldsellers, but it is not just about spam.

@Leafstorm.1349 said:Anet, I know you don't give guild love anymore, but for the love of god... at least let officers/guild leaders message their members! There is a real problem when I cannot message more than two members at a time. I realize that it prevents gold sellers from doing their thing, but can we make this like guild specific or something? Maybe we can authenticate accounts? There has to be an answer for this besides endless frustration. Also, while we're on the topic of guilds, please update guild missions. We need new missions, different / new rewards for them, and better toolkits to keep our members engaged, which ultimately helps keep Anet alive.

Leafstorm, Leader of Lion Knight.470+ PvX _ 5+ years

This is ridiculous. Why do we still have this type of issue going on. Come on already and fix your game if you want people to buy your expansions.