[Merged] Feedback on new world events and Shiny weapons

So, I was excited about this world event, I think it is a great idea and I also enjoyed the Meta event one, it manages to give the players meaningful stuff to do.Still, today when I logged in, the first thing I did was checking out the big prise, the Shiny weapons skins....I was bummed out..I would understand if those were just part of a list of weapons sets added for an expansion, they look ok but they are not too impressive.I was expecting them to be Shiny, like the name says but even the upgraded version looks kind of boring and not worth the effort of collecting stuff to get them.Someone would say "sure you don't like it so you complain" or "it's enough that we are getting something for the current events" ...but the skritt in me says "gimme SHINIES!!!!"What is the point of putting rewards that you have to grind for when they look so boring?Please Anet, you are on the right track with these kind of events, keep it up, but give us the good stuff!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the shiny weapons themselves the only one I actually liked and would want to get was the shiny rifle, though not the ultra shiny version. Still, the essence chests, or whatever they are called, currently are going for something like 2 gold on the trading post. Also, the Ultra Shiny title for getting the whole weapon set sounds cool. If the collection is not too onerous, I might do it all just for that title. :)

@Turkeyspit.3965 posted a link to the recipes a few comments below this one and they don't look too bad, especially given the fact that there are only a few skins. I think I just might go for that Ultra Shiny title after all.

@notebene.3190 said:

@notebene.3190 said:Recipes please! :#

Thank you!

Does anyone know if the essences are random at each place, or do you have to farm specific bosses for specific essences?

The latter:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destabilized_Magic

I'm not stalking you ....promise. :grimace:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Thank you!

Does anyone know if the essences are random at each place, or do you have to farm specific bosses for specific essences?

The latter:

Sure hope SB is an azure. :'(

Thank you!

The latter:

Sure hope SB is an azure. :'(
  • whistles innocently *

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shiny_Short_Bow

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Thank you!

The latter:

So I think that chart is wrong. Based on the world bosses I did today, I have very different combinations of essences than that table says I should have.

@Chichimec.9364 said:

@"notebene.3190" said:Recipes please! :#

Thanks, was looking for those. Also, if you didn't get an answer to your question about pictures yet, you can see the new skins in the wardrobe and preview them of course at a bank.

Got it. For those of us still at work though, there is mastercard https://imgur.com/gallery/cck6fFN

Thank you!

The latter:

So I think that chart is wrong. Based on the world bosses I did today, I have very different combinations of essences than that table says I should have.

Seems wiki was updated, and now it shows the essences are random.