Puzzling double build updates

Quite often, when I start the game and it updates itself, a few minutes into the game I get warned that a new build is available and the game will restart. Is that two updates in a row, or me doing something wrong, or a bug? I searched the forums and the web but with search phrases that include "build" or "release" I get anything but what I'm looking for. Does this happen to anyone else? Thank you!

Yesterday new content was released (new raid) and there was a big download and update for that. If you were in game, you would have gotten a message about a new client, etc .. Many hours later there was a hotfix for some issues and you would have gotten another in game message about a new client.

It was planned

Thank you, @EmmetOtter.8542. I did have the big raid download when starting the game and before actually playing, then it was probably the hotfix that hit a few minutes after I had started playing. My main concern was that this pattern repeats frequently and I wasn't sure if it was always a hotfix kicking in, or me having install issues.

The loader will restart twice as two things are taking effect: the loader is being updated for the next version, and then it is prefetching the patch information. Once that gets done, the loader will display the patch update progress.

There's nothing wrong with your machine. That's how Guild Wars 2 handles preparing patch downloads. And with major patches, do expect hotfixes to be summoned and deployed. Gotta iron out the kinks, after all -- not saying the skritt did it, though.

@altermaven.7385 & @Aaron Forestman.4758 - thank you! It may be that I usually start playing (being into the game itself, not the loader) at the time hotfixes get released, I will watch the addenda to the release notes more carefully to see if there is any correlation. But will be watching the skritt as well... Can't be too careful around these critters :P