Volatile Orbs and Dragon Crystal Nodes disappeared

It happened a few hours ago in the middle of collecting volatile orbs using my skimmer in thunderhead peaks. I was following the orb trail then bam, orbs disappeared. It’s been 7 hours since that and still no volatile orbs nor dragon crystal nodes (farming branded mass). This is on every season 4 map. I expect to see lots of volatile orbs so I can grab with my skyscale. I see none for the last 7 hours. The only two exceptions: the rifts work as intended to expose that rift’s volatile orbs; the dragonfall pre kralk area show some (to be clear these are the tiny red ones that don’t give credit) but can’t reach it due to damage. No other volatile orbs exist. This is weird. Same for dragon crystal nodes in thunderhead keep; disappearance happened at the same time.

I dont think I gathered that much. I woke, ate breakfast, got some volatile while searching for dragon crystal nodes then they (both) disappeared. I don’t feel like I didn’t anything different than any other day. I’m in the middle of crafting Vision so it’s not like I was farming orbs. Dunno

@Blocki.4931 said:There is a daily limit to how much magic you can gather. Not sure about the nodes though.

All LS map nodes have a per account daily limit except winterberries which are per character.

@phoenixwil.6071 said:I dont think I gathered that much. I woke, ate breakfast, got some volatile while searching for dragon crystal nodes then they (both) disappeared. I don’t feel like I didn’t anything different than any other day. I’m in the middle of crafting Vision so it’s not like I was farming orbs. Dunno

Some stuff like VM run off a 24 hour timer rather reseting at reset. They have other additional weird behavior where they DO reset at reset IF you get into a different instance than the one where you originally gathered them.

I’ll test that at rest/timer. What about the dragon crystal nodes? Same thing? Then again, I didnt get that many to reach a cap if there is one. Since yesterday, I needed about 100 branded mass and I’m about 60 short. If there is a cap, that’s like 40 branded mass per day which doesn’t make sense.

Thank you everyone. Seems like the cap is the issue (without an ingame notification) and should resolve this post. I’ll check at reset to verify. Odd logic though, I mean who cares if I get 26 nodes or get 251 orbs. I’m sure someone will give a nice cap speech about why but I will respond with a “so what?” It’s one of those scratch my head and say wtf things lol

@phoenixwil.6071 said:Thank you everyone. Seems like the cap is the issue (without an ingame notification) and should resolve this post. I’ll check at reset to verify. Odd logic though, I mean who cares if I get 26 nodes or get 251 orbs. I’m sure someone will give a nice cap speech about why but I will respond with a “so what?” It’s one of those scratch my head and say kitten things lol

because ANet loves timegating