~~Cathedral of Glorious Victory (no defense?)~~ answered

So, I waited a long time for a defense event for CoGV to start, but nothing came.Eventually checked the wiki, and saw there is no such event listed.So, does this mean you can only get Tyrian Service Medal once a week during server reset?If the temple is never un-occupied ever again.. this makes it a kind of hard achievement to get.The other cathedrals all have a defense events (which work, even though the description in the achievement says it shouldn't)

anyone else knows more, because the wiki interpretation is 'just don't do the tyrian service medal'

(ps, server hopping doesn't work, since LFG is really just for big meta events, and we can't manually hop without a taxi)

Just because the wiki doesn't list it doesn't mean an event doesn't exist. In this case I can assure you that the Balthasar temple in Straights of Devastation does indeed have a defense event that counts for the Tyrian Service Medal, even on event failure.

Source: I got that very achievement update in a failed defense event during meta rush week.

@Rasimir.6239 said:Just because the wiki doesn't list it doesn't mean an event doesn't exist. In this case I can assure you that the Balthasar temple in Straights of Devastation does indeed have a defense event that counts for the Tyrian Service Medal, even on event failure.

Source: I got that very achievement update in a failed defense event during meta rush week.

ah great to know. Then I just need to wait longer (waited ~20 minutes, should maybe just idle for an hour then?)And failing also counted for the achievement? then that's even better.. well.. sort of

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:Just because the wiki doesn't list it doesn't mean an event doesn't exist. In this case I can assure you that the Balthasar temple in Straights of Devastation does indeed have a defense event that counts for the Tyrian Service Medal, even on event failure.

ah great to know. Then I just need to wait longer (waited ~20 minutes, should maybe just idle for an hour then?)And failing also counted for the achievement? then that's even better.. well.. sort of

Yeah, sadly those events don't seem to be on any specific timer, so you're just stuck sitting around waiting

Even when it was occupied by enemies, I had a hard time starting the event chain to free the cathedral. You have to do the events at Signal Peak, protect boats, destroy ships, destroy more ships, free the landing area, and then you get to the event that counts for the achievement. I had to do this alone and it was a pain. I'm only missing the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance now and of course, all waypoints are available and every structure is in allied hands...

At least it's the best time to map complete Orr zones now with alts because you can do all Hero Points ^^