Shouldn't crafting Heroic Dragonsblood and Stellar weapons count for the Vision collection?

Shouldn't crafting Heroic Dragonblood and Stellar weapons count for the Vision collection? I mean if I am being forced to craft some weapons, why wouldn't the ascended version count? I would rather craft ascended version weapons if it costs the same amount of map currency. I know the material cost would be higher since its ascended mats, but why cant we have the choice?

@Evil Octopi.8253 said:Shouldn't crafting Heroic Dragonblood and Stellar weapons count for the Vision collection? I mean if I am being forced to craft some weapons, why wouldn't the ascended version count? I would rather craft ascended version weapons if it costs the same amount of map currency. I know the material cost would be higher since its ascended mats, but why cant we have the choice?

There are several existing threads on the topic, all covering the same ground back & forth:

• People who had already invested in the fancier weapons are annoyed at having to invest more
  • Regardless, the requirement is for each comparable vision is to produce six different pieces of the First Tier of the upgradeable-ish set, i.e. it's consistent from map to map

The confusion is that the Tier 2 (ascended) Stellar weapons aren't upgraded Tier 1 (exotic) Astrals, because you only need to produce a single Astral to unlock all Stellars. i.e. in some maps, we can't have six T2 without first having six T1, whereas for Istan, we can have six Stellar after only one Astral.

As for Heroic Dragonsblood: you can't produce these without having produced the corresponding Dragonsblood, so I'm not sure how this is different. Unless you're suggesting that producing 3 Dragonsblood and their corresponding 3 Heroic Dragonsblood should count. That would be inconsistent, because it's only three types of gear, not the six required for everything else. ANet could have done it that way, but they didn't for any of the other Visions.

I'm sympathetic, as one of those who had spent kralk ore to make Stellar weapons (and immensely dislike the Astrals). All the same, I agree with the other posters that the requirement is fair and consistent with that of the other maps. Just my bad luck.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Evil Octopi.8253 said:Shouldn't crafting Heroic Dragonblood and Stellar weapons count for the Vision collection? I mean if I am being forced to craft some weapons, why wouldn't the ascended version count? I would rather craft ascended version weapons if it costs the same amount of map currency. I know the material cost would be higher since its ascended mats, but why cant we have the choice?

There are several existing threads on the topic, all covering the same ground back & forth:
  • People who had already invested in the fancier weapons are annoyed at having to invest more
  • Regardless, the
    requirement
    is for each comparable vision is to produce six different pieces of the First Tier of the upgradeable-ish set, i.e. it's consistent from map to map

The confusion is that the Tier 2 (ascended) Stellar weapons aren't upgraded Tier 1 (exotic) Astrals, because you only need to produce a single Astral to unlock all Stellars. i.e. in some maps, we can't have six T2 without first having six T1, whereas for Istan, we can have six Stellar after only one Astral.

As for Heroic Dragonsblood: you can't produce these without having produced the corresponding Dragonsblood, so I'm not sure how this is different. Unless you're suggesting that producing 3 Dragonsblood and their corresponding 3 Heroic Dragonsblood should count. That would be inconsistent, because it's only three types of gear, not the six required for everything else. ANet could have done it that way, but they didn't for any of the other Visions.

I'm sympathetic, as one of those who had spent kralk ore to make Stellar weapons (and immensely dislike the Astrals). All the same, I agree with the other posters that the requirement is fair and consistent with that of the other maps. Just my bad luck.

Consistent with what other maps?