Scribe, Guild Decorations & Decorating Ideas.

Hi guys.The discussion concerns the scribe and decorating.

The scribe:-1. Increase the drop rate of some hard to find items, for example: rare flower seeds, maguuma lilies, giant mushroom spores etc.

-2. Create decorations without other decorations, less assemblages of objects to create a decoration.

Some objects need other objects to be finished and this becomes boring.

For example: to make a Hedge Pillar you need hedge planter, ceramic planter, 3 spire topiaries, sphere topiary. Hedge plater could be done without the ceramic plater. The Topiary spire could be done without topiary sphere.

Decorating is a very nice part on guild wars2, it has potential, but it is not well exploited.

Decorating:-1. Increase the number of decorations in an area.It is a pity not to be able to take advantage of the actual space. The emptiness that is created between a decoration and the other, makes the decoration lose its value.

-2. Some decorations are too large, others too small.The skill 7-8 could be added to increase or decrease the shape of the decoration.

-3. Add more options and features in the "decorations" sub-folder.Currently in the decorations subfolder you can only add or remove all, for example it would be useful to be able to remove the single selected decoration.

These are just ideas for improvement.

Thanks for your time, waiting for your feedback

I love your idea to resize objects, but if I could just add to your wishlist...

1) Remove the Assembly Device entirely. This is important.2) For the prices we pay for some of these decorations, it would be cool if we got more than 1 item per recipie (things like pot plants, hedges, trees, urns, small statues - things that would be placed multiple times in a small area).

Nice suggestions also:-More walls-Stairs!!!-Racial Decos / map tied decos-No more legos, decos requiring decos requiring decos, let's have them already made or needing only 1 craft. The wide library as example is pretty complicated and cost too much compared to small library.

And what you said both, increase area limit, remove assembly.

@Westenev.5289 said:I love your idea to resize objects, but if I could just add to your wishlist...

1) Remove the Assembly Device entirely. This is important.2) For the prices we pay for some of these decorations, it would be cool if we got more than 1 item per recipie (things like pot plants, hedges, trees, urns, small statues - things that would be placed multiple times in a small area).

1-Yes, the Assembly device is annoying xD2-Yes, I love it, it would be nice!

@"hugo.4705" said:Nice suggestions also:-More walls-Stairs!!!-Racial Decos / map tied decos-No more legos, decos requiring decos requiring decos, let's have them already made or needing only 1 craft. The wide library as example is pretty complicated and cost too much compared to small library.

And what you said both, increase area limit, remove assembly.

Racial decors, I like it!Your "No more legos, decos requiring decos requiring decos, let's have them already made or needing only 1 craft. The wide library as example is pretty complicated and cost too much compared to small library." It's my 2nd point.

Good ideas. Guild hall in general needs any love it can get!

i'd also like an option to fill it a bit with more npcs. Right now there is a huge guild hall with couple of merchants inside. Looks kinda silly. Let's say, completing certain stories, achievements, areas, would unlock certain groups that can be sent to guild hall. There could be vendor, where you buy and item to activate exactly which groups you'd welcome into your guild hall.

@serialkicker.5274 said:Good ideas. Guild hall in general needs any love it can get!

i'd also like an option to fill it a bit with more npcs. Right now there is a huge guild hall with couple of merchants inside. Looks kinda silly. Let's say, completing certain stories, achievements, areas, would unlock certain groups that can be sent to guild hall. There could be vendor, where you buy and item to activate exactly which groups you'd welcome into your guild hall.

Yes! In the guild hall there isn't nothing.

Convert some guild upgrades to Decorations, like synthesizer nodes, repair anvil and perhaps even the npcs... so their locations can be changed from the defaults.

Add text entry option for the location (x,y,z) and orientation (angle) of Decorations... so more exacting placement is possible when it matters. This would also allow placing Decorations slightly below the ground which could be used for things hiding planter pots inside fixed planters, and lowering Ascalonian trees into the ground slightly to make them look less awkward on some terrains. Perhaps, make decorations selectable while in Decorate mode, allowing editing locations and deletion directly.

When placing decorations, add an option to highlight all other decorations close enough to count on decoration limit.

I like the resizing decoration idea, and I also like the idea of being able to rotate the decorations from their vertical orientation. Like, an Elonan Lattice oriented like in Amnoon, as a trellis or columns being place on their side or at an nice angle.