The Shiny Rifle.

Thank you to the ArenaNET devs responsible for finally making Turl Sharptooth's Rifle available as the "Shiny Rifle". I'm grateful for such an intricate and understated design finally making it into the roster among a sea of over-the-top garish skins. Give the artist/s/modeler/s responsible my praise. XOXO

@Edge.8724 said:Looks like a lever action rifle, western style. I like that. Might go for it, my inner fallout new vegas fan wants it.

One of the only rifle skins in the game that looks like it was designed by someone who understands how rifles work.It being lever action matches the rifle mechanics better than a musket does aswell (as do Bolt actions and Semi-autos).

@"Vancho.8750" said:It is actually ornate Winchester rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_rifle . Waiting for the M16 and Kalashnikov now.

Well, I wouldn't compare it to any real life lever-actions. Besides the fact it's a Lever Action rifle, it shares little similarity to the Winchester family of rifles.

! Namely:! -The Shiny rifle has a greater distance between the magazine tube and barrel than the Winchester.! -The main body/receiver are different shapes.! -The "loading gate" of the Shiny rifle is on the bottom, not the right-hand side of the main body/receiver.! -The shiny rifle has a more pronounced hammer than the Winchester.! -The shiny rifle has a larger breach on the top of the main body/receiver.! -The shiny rifle has a muzzle break.! -The shiny rifle has a large housing for the finger lever screw, that is external to the main body/receiver.

What's more important though:The fact that I can point out these tiny (screen-space wise) details, such as the position of the loading gate, or the fact that there is one in the first place, shows how much attention to detail the artist/s/modeler/s that made this put into it, which is a great deal more than is put into most of the other rifle skins in this game.

@Jin.8501 said:Will i get it if i spend 1500 gold?

You can get it without spending much gold. Just a couple elder wood logs and normal quartz crystals.

You could spend around 400(this is in the worse case scenario where you only get the wrong colors) to buy the djinn caches to get the essences instead of doing world bosses. You could also get the essences by raiding.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Jin.8501 said:Will i get it if i spend 1500 gold?

You can get it without spending much gold. Just a couple elder wood logs and normal quartz crystals.

You
could
spend around 400(this is in the worse case scenario where you only get the wrong colors) to buy the djinn caches to get the essences instead of doing world bosses. You could also get the essences by raiding.

Thanks, i was confused since wiki said acquisition was from one of those djinn boxes. Then i saw that people opening thousands of boxes and not getting those weapons

I've been wanting more rifle skins that actually look like rifles since I started playing deadeye. I am in the small group of people that actually like the cursed flintlock for what it is (even though the sound effects are too "pew pew" for me). While as a "shiny" skin this rifle is pretty disappointing IMO I appreciate the subtlety. I also really like the design of your charr. You don't have to have a million glowies to be "fashionable."

@"hostileskeleton.7364" said:-I also really like the design of your charr. You don't have to have a million glowies to be "fashionable."

Thanks, that's exactly my line of thinking.

@"hostileskeleton.7364" said:I've been wanting more rifle skins that actually look like rifles since I started playing deadeye. I am in the small group of people that actually like the cursed flintlock for what it is (even though the sound effects are too "pew pew" for me).

I like the overall size and silhouette of the cursed 'flintlock', but the fact it lacks any working parts, breaches, sights*, or any other essential functional elements of a rifle, other than a magazine, really bothers me. That and the black smoke effect coming off the barrel.

*self correction: The Cursed Flintlock does have a scope, but it's 'precursor', the Deadeye Rifle I believe it's called? Doesn't have any sights.

! note to self: Stop double posting.

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

@"hostileskeleton.7364" said:-I also really like the design of your charr. You don't have to have a million glowies to be "fashionable."

Thanks, that's exactly my line of thinking.

@"hostileskeleton.7364" said:I've been wanting more rifle skins that actually look like rifles since I started playing deadeye. I am in the small group of people that actually like the cursed flintlock for what it is (even though the sound effects are too "pew pew" for me).

I like the overall size and silhouette of the cursed 'flintlock', but the fact it lacks any working parts, breaches, sights, or any other essential functional elements of a rifle, other than a magazine, really bothers me. That and the black smoke effect coming off the barrel.

! note to self:
Stop double posting.

Cursed Flintlock looks more like a piece of wood that was carved into something roughly rifle shaped and then fed to termites.