Jump to content
  • Sign Up

I adapted, here are the results


Recommended Posts

I followed your advise, forum poeple, i adapted, i swapped to my ranger instead of my beloved warrior main and headed to objectives to find fights, because surely inherent balance can't be broken right? Poeple don't want to fight for "no reason" in the open but they REALLY CARE about objectives because they want their server to win and aren't just ktrainers! That's what ive heard here, so i went out with that mentality. Now look at the quality experience i have been having since!

d64lyu3.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Loosmaster.8263 said:So you show someone bailing on a camp capture. Were the camps on the daily? Going to have to show more than one to show consistency...

I mean sure but i rather play other games given the current state of the game, most i see just bail unless they outnumber you.

Also this post is 50% a mocking meme.

@aspirine.6852 said:So you scared away a pve player only there for his or her daily. Yay?

Their purpose in the mode can't be proven nor matters as it doesn't change the fact they are participating in the mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Anput.4620" said:I followed your advise, forum poeple, i adapted, i swapped to my ranger instead of my beloved warrior main and headed to objectives to find fights, because surely inherent balance can't be broken right? Poeple don't want to fight for "no reason" in the open but they REALLY CARE about objectives because they want their server to win and aren't just ktrainers! That's what ive heard here, so i went out with that mentality. Now look at the quality experience i have been having since!

I don't think anyone's advice included assuming that every objective would be strongly defending by any random you might encounter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Still, a solo scourge is like a sitting duck for a soulbeast :) Probably blew his whole skillbar just to kill the camp.

I only AA camps for a reason.

I see you shooting Skill 2 and it's not on AA...Try roaming on a class that's not FotM.

Where i attacking a camp then or a player? Maybe try reading next time. It isn't fotm and hasn't been buffed to be fotm either. Other builds are as good, please stop circlejerking over SB when Holo, Rev, Mirage, Berserker still exist. Also, can you tell all the scourges/fbs/scrappers/revs to stop playing fotm? Way more of those which are actually fotm.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Anput.4620 said:I followed your advise, forum poeple, i adapted, i swapped to my ranger instead of my beloved warrior main and headed to objectives to find fights, because surely inherent balance can't be broken right? Poeple don't want to fight for "no reason" in the open but they REALLY CARE about objectives because they want their server to win and aren't just ktrainers! That's what ive heard here, so i went out with that mentality. Now look at the quality experience i have been having since!

I don't think anyone's advice included assuming that every objective would be strongly defending by any random you might encounter.

Oh no but this isn't about no one being there, this is about someone being there and not caring about their oh-so precious camp i got told poeple care about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an enemy faction on the map, not on their home server. You go to an enemy map and start targeting their northern camps and they will swarm you like hornets if you do it enough.

If you want fights you need to first understand how roaming works.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Justine.6351 said:If you want fights you need to first understand how roaming works.Indeed.


@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:I followed your advise, forum poeple, i adapted, i swapped to my ranger instead of my beloved warrior main and headed to objectives to find fights, because surely inherent balance can't be broken right? Poeple don't want to fight for "no reason" in the open but they REALLY CARE about objectives because they want their server to win and aren't just ktrainers! That's what ive heard here, so i went out with that mentality. Now look at the quality experience i have been having since!

I don't think anyone's advice included assuming that every objective would be strongly defending by any random you might encounter.

Oh no but this isn't about no one being there, this is about someone being there and not caring about their oh-so precious camp i got told poeple care about.

"People caring" is not synonymous "absolutely anyone you encounter cares."Not every objective is going to be strongly defended by whoever happens to be there when you happen to show up. If capping caps is the daily, a ton of people will be there to go from 0/2→2/2 and scram; any attacker strong than a butterfly is going to scare them off.

There are people who: fight for no reason, only fight for a reason, only fight when they think they have a 3:1 advantage, only fight if they think they are 1:3, and so on.

So again, I doubt very much if anyone's advice was anything close to, "swapping to ranger will magically transform all WvW encounters."

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:If you don't know by now anput puts more time into whiney mount and I can't find a fite threads then actually plays. There is no reasoning with him ever and he will whine until mounts are deleted. But yeah only a pve noob leaves a 1 vs 1 encounter and i've seen plenty wp from me but not after killing the camp. I mean at least try to fite.

I can't help that the optimal way to have fun is to play other games right now given current balance.

@Justine.6351 said:This is an enemy faction on the map, not on their home server. You go to an enemy map and start targeting their northern camps and they will swarm you like hornets if you do it enough.

If you want fights you need to first understand how roaming works.

That makes no sense, either camp gives points, this is defending vs attacking simple as that, i am not talking oh hey lets get some free bags because they are in our backyard but defending in general gameplay, i always defend camps 1 on 1 or 2 on 1.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Justine.6351 said:If you want fights you need to first understand how roaming works.Indeed.

@Anput.4620 said:I followed your advise, forum poeple, i adapted, i swapped to my ranger instead of my beloved warrior main and headed to objectives to find fights, because surely inherent balance can't be broken right? Poeple don't want to fight for "no reason" in the open but they REALLY CARE about objectives because they want their server to win and aren't just ktrainers! That's what ive heard here, so i went out with that mentality. Now look at the quality experience i have been having since!

I don't think anyone's advice included assuming that every objective would be strongly defending by any random you might encounter.

Oh no but this isn't about no one being there, this is about someone being there and not caring about their oh-so precious camp i got told poeple care about.

"People caring" is not synonymous "absolutely anyone you encounter cares."Not every objective is going to be
strongly
defended by whoever happens to be there when you happen to show up. If capping caps is the daily, a ton of people will be there to go from 0/2→2/2 and scram; any attacker strong than a butterfly is going to scare them off.

There are people who: fight for no reason, only fight for a reason, only fight when they think they have a 3:1 advantage, only fight if they think they are 1:3, and so on.

So again, I doubt very much if anyone's advice was anything close to, "swapping to ranger will magically transform all WvW encounters."

I never talked being strongly defended, i talked about trying at all, especially because trying doesn't cost anything, dying ingame doesn't mean you die irl.

Once i fougfht someone almost beat them but i got +1nd and died, was pre mount. Saw the person whom +1nd me on their own a bit later in their territory and they glided off a cliff as soon as i hit them and waypointed as soon as they where OOC. Zero reason to cater to those.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You found a 3rd faction scourge doing daily, while playing soulbeast and are surprised he just wp? It's a losing fight for him and he probably didn't want to put up with your soulbeast pewpew bs and kiting just to lose anyhow. Even I would have been 50/50 on taking that fight and I legit don't care anymore what I fight on what build.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People play WvW for whatever reason, if they don't want to fight someone (Regardless of class etc) they won't fight you. It's their right to play the game how they want, no matter what argument you may think of this will never change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fish.2769 said:People play WvW for whatever reason, if they don't want to fight someone (Regardless of class etc) they won't fight you. It's their right to play the game how they want, no matter what argument you may think of this will never change.

It is an open map PvP zone so anyone has the right to engage other poeple.

You are right in that poeple are free to not participate in PvP modes if they do not want to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your not a war you did not adapted you gave up what you wanted to play for the meta. Playing the meta classes over what you want to is in no way a real adapting to the game its giving up on adapting.

I understand your making that point on some level but i am not sure if every one understand that. Droping the class you play for a meta class is not a good thing. Its not getting better as a player its not even make the game better for other ppl. Real adapting is good for the game by chasing your build and more importantly being able to changes your build to fit better into what going on in the game type.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jski.6180 said:Your not a war you did not adapted you gave up what you wanted to play for the meta. Playing the meta classes over what you want to is in no way a real adapting to the game its giving up on adapting.

I understand your making that point on some level but i am not sure if every one understand that. Droping the class you play for a meta class is not a good thing. Its not getting better as a player its not even make the game better for other ppl. Real adapting is good for the game by chasing your build and more importantly being able to changes your build to fit better into what going on in the game type.

Ehh even though i considered war my main because she is the only one with ascended armor i mainly played boonbeast for weeks tbh, so i didn't change class, but build. I tried chugginh 1500 dmg axes at mounts but it did nothing, i mainly played my boonbeast and weaver, sometimes DE and sometimes war. Ranger has already become my favourite, with weaver as a close second by then. I just consider my main the one i have done the most on in the past, but i started playing seriously only with PoF so lots of expirimenting, i tried to make roaming minion scourge work.

Also literally every build i had pre mounts was meta, 90% of poeple in WvW play a meta build of some sort, i also always loved bow but just couldn't find a spot for it on my boonbeast. The one bowbuild i played pre mounts was druid but that got killed for zero reason at all.

The 2 things ive always loved are longrange bows or mounted archers and sustain tanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jski.6180 said:Your not a war you did not adapted you gave up what you wanted to play for the meta. Playing the meta classes over what you want to is in no way a real adapting to the game its giving up on adapting.

I understand your making that point on some level but i am not sure if every one understand that. Droping the class you play for a meta class is not a good thing. Its not getting better as a player its not even make the game better for other ppl. Real adapting is good for the game by chasing your build and more importantly being able to changes your build to fit better into what going on in the game type.

This...I've been running DH for over 3 years, did a few tweaks here and there with Runes and Sigils but traits mostly stayed the same.

I don't run in zergs or play meta classes. I learn on my own...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...