Coin Collector - Challenger Cliffs

I need help with this one:

In the video marked as coin 7, according to wiki and ingame achievement this is 10 now. Starting at around 6:00 in the vid.

Playin the core game without expansions. (Maybe with expansion and flying mount you can just fly there without having to use the purple crystal?)Funny thing is: In the vid they are going down pretty slowly ... as if the jumping down to the purple crystal is supposed to be something hard where you'd need to be careful. (I rush down there pretty fast.)

Actually the first jump after getting the crystal ... can't seem to do it. Always the char is jumping too short and/or the ceiling is blocking the jump. Are their better vids or any advice on how to get the correct positioning?

Edit: I hate this. xDAlways the same ... I try 100 of times and for hours. Then I start whining, complaining and/or asking for help. And a minute later after I made a thread I got it.I got it now. Don't know how ... must have gotten lucky. Even though I tried to watch the vids and do the same stuff exactly (going a little bit left to the purple crystal then jumping to the middle of the next thing) it didn't work before. Seriously this was harder than the other one mentioned as "the hardest in that area" in the wiki and on Dulfy.

Gz on finishing :)(and realizing that Dulfy's/Aynmaiden's numbering isn't the same as ANet's/wiki's)

Regarding "the hardest" — that's rarely universal: everyone has their own favorites/most-hated spots and it largely varies by each person's initial experience. Experienced spellunkers, like Dulfy, tend not to notice little things that might be near-impossible for some people who don't do a lot of jumping except for specific achievements.

And finally hot tip for the next time: start your post after 10 times and dozens of minutes (instead of 100s of times and hours); clearly there's some weird cause|effect going on in your part of the universe in which your skills increase only after you type up a post. ;)

More seriously: that does actually work a lot of the time. There's actually some learning involved in typing up an explanation of "where I'm stuck" that often is more than enough to help identify the blocking issue. It's not exactly causally connected; it's not exactly random either. Think of how much more you have to know to teach someone to ride a bike versus just riding.

That Dulfy didn't look too skilled at some of the easier jumps though: :D (They might be just good at exploring in the sense of looking everyhwere ... where for lot of "normal" players this is just even more time consuming. Especially when catching up after a long time of break it is easier to use those guides than searching every corner for yourself.)

Maybe sometimes it is just luck or bad luck. So far I think the hardest stuff I encountered is the diving jump at the Aetherblades site in Gendarann Fields. I remember that one from back when I stopped playing end of 2013 where this just got added. Mainly a problem because of the pretty long way up there and needing several tries if you aren't careful. (Have not managed it yet. Doing other stuff first.)

So did the other news maps that got added later (with the expansions and living story 3, 4) also have tons of small stuff to collect? Or were Dry Top and Silverwastes (there seem to be badges and golden badges - still need to do that) an exception? Some coins were fun to get. But then again ... the jumping puzzles are enough and at some point after collecting 30 + 30 + 12 coints it gets annoying.

I especially liked the own achievement category (makes it easy to check for that one specific map) and the special events (sparring rock, protecting a researcher in the sandstorm, skritts stealling supplies) that require more than just completing it to get the achievement. Fun mechanics and got me to use some other skills/traits instead of just using the one build and running through the map and spamming skill 1. :D

@"Luthan.5236" said:So far I think the hardest stuff I encountered is the diving jump at the Aetherblades site in Gendarann Fields.A lot of people agree with that. I was lucky enough to work on that when it was introduced, so there were lots of people going through it together; that was fun.

So did the other news maps that got added later (with the expansions and living story 3, 4) also have tons of small stuff to collect?It varies. At any given time, there seems to have been 2-4 different teams at work on LS stories & maps; some of the level designers seem fond of this, some seem fond of that. So there are other "seek & ye shall find" collections on a lot of the maps and some "do this thing 20ish times, not quite the same."

the jumping puzzles are enough and at some point after collecting 30 + 30 + 12 coints it gets annoying.I always get the feeling that one of the managers there at ANet says,"look, if collecting 10 coins is fun, then collecting 30 must be three times as much fun!"My own preference is to have closer to 12: four easy, four anyone could get with patience, and four that require something more; I'd rather feel I earned rather than that I endured.

I especially liked the own achievement category (makes it easy to check for that one specific map) and the special events (sparring rock, protecting a researcher in the sandstorm, skritts stealling supplies) that require more than just completing it to get the achievement. Fun mechanics and got me to use some other skills/traits instead of just using the one build and running through the map and spamming skill 1. :DOh man, it's so much better now because back then, the game didn't have a number system. So you had to manually keep track of which 10 of 30 you had done.

Welcome back and glad you're enjoying your return :)

• 2 years later...

I cannot seem to get coin 11. If you draw a line north from "Ley-line Hub" and one west from "Cragrock Palace" POIs, and you're above ground, you should be looking at a rubble pile with one blue crystal.

I see the crystal, I can go around the corner to the right to see the crystal you're supposed to use to jump up to it (I don't have to with a skyscale), but there is no coin here. :(