Plz nerf revenant

Crypto.7609

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

Why is 20+ might uptime a problem on rev but nobody talks about it on spellbreaker? Deadeye can have absurd might uptime as well.

Because notoriety was buffed to make might stronger on rev. It gives might +40 power per stack.

The obvious fix to this is to just revert the buff to notoriety, but see that suggestion would require people to actually play Rev and understand what is making its damage overtuned, something most of the people in this thread have not done.

@"Maddog.3716" said:

How good that there are people who understand that Rev overpowered only by shiro. It does not give the development of the rest of the legends.

Shiro has not changed since Revs were trash tier m8. The problem is mostly the Herald rework and power creep on damage modifiers. It's actually very easy to kill a Rev while they are in shiro stance, or at the very least force them to spend all their energy on RS. Shiro is a symptom not the disease.

I explained this in greater detail here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/943694/#Comment_943694

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:Shiro has not changed since Revs were trash tier m8. The problem is mostly the Herald rework and power creep on damage modifiers. It's actually very easy to kill a Rev while they are in shiro stance, or at the very least force them to spend all their energy on RS. Shiro is a symptom not the disease.

I explained this in greater detail here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/943694/#Comment_943694

Good post you have a very clever reasoning about Rev. I agree this is a symptom but it is very pronounced. Shiro doesn't even need Jade Winds to play fully. Meta Shiro quietly played without Elite skill.

@Neil.3825 said:Shiro is OP. You can't play rev (close to something meta) without it.Maddog is absolutly right, stop lying plz.Thanks for understanding. You're right about lying. People can sometimes deceive themselves.

P. S. The most successful variants of Renegade were played only thanks to Shiro. It says thing about something.

@Snellibee.2761 said:These problems listed in this thread are all problems caused by your lack of awareness and skill in the game. Rev has a few problems with too much damage on sword 5 and shiro F2, but beside that and maybe impossible odds, rev is balanced.

I love posts of this kind! “If we exclude everything that is broken/overturned, the class/build is balanced”. By that standard, there have never been any balance issues.Still better than the guy who wants to test the power level of a roamer that is also strong in team fights by 1v1ing it. Guess a-net shouldn’t have nerfed firebrand then, as it couldn’t even kill Druid, which was underperforming at that time. Oh and no idea why scourge was nerfed as it had a losing 1v1 match up vs longbow ranger /facepalm.

its my impression or builds that are havign issues with herald/shire are builds that dont have any defenses?????My herald/ventari sword/shield/staff is actually stallign matches with shiro builds being wvw or pvp, i have seen shiro users haven problems when facing some gimmicks builds with sustain and some decent damage.Isnt this a issue where players(BUILDS) that relly basicly on spam and high dps and need/want their full skill bar for dps and dont have any defensive skill???

P.S i know how broken shiro teleports can work from behind objects to instantly melt target, it needs some LoS tuning, but so does ALOT of other skills in the game, its one of those situations where if Anet want to LoS fix needs to fix on other non porting skills as well.

isnt hard to "cheat/trick" LoS in this game.

I think the issue that people have isn’t when the revenant is isolated from their team and you have all cds up and are full health. The issue is mobility and it’s incredible chase and burst potential coupled with the staying power it has in team fights. It’s basically a thief (a class that people have always hated) with increased ability to chase, burst and team fight in return for a little less mobility.Whether that is broken or not, I don’t know, but it certainly is worth watching/debating. Especially builds that don’t have a large arsenal of defensive tools (e.g core guard) certainly suffer from that. At least my experience as core guard last season went from “a decent build” to “I am completely useless and look like I was win-trading” (according to my delightful and “professional” teammates) rather quickly with an increasing amount (read: greater than 0) of competently revenants on the opposing team.

@Syclantus.4621 said:If you don't mind me asking, what is your elo? While rev does have a bit of excess damage atm, your issue does not seem to be related to game balance. Clearly you are not utilising terrain at all or watching the minimap. Watch when phase traversal is being used and time/bait your own cc.

A double Rev comp even melted thorugh everything in the last mAT on EU, so yeah, git gud doesn't apply here...

It feels a bit like Rev is too good at different roles atm, because it can teamfight and +1, and isnt even so bad in 1v1. I think Anet should focus on one of those roles. One way to nerf its teamfight abilities would be for example to change the functionality of its Glint heal. If Anet wants it to be a teamfighter, then its teleports could be looked into.

@Erzian.5218 said:

@Snellibee.2761 said:These problems listed in this thread are all problems caused by your lack of awareness and skill in the game. Rev has a few problems with too much damage on sword 5 and shiro F2, but beside that and maybe impossible odds, rev is balanced.

I love posts of this kind! “If we exclude everything that is broken/overturned, the class/build is balanced”. By that standard, there have never been any balance issues.Still better than the guy who wants to test the power level of a roamer that is also strong in team fights by 1v1ing it. Guess a-net shouldn’t have nerfed firebrand then, as it couldn’t even kill Druid, which was underperforming at that time. Oh and no idea why scourge was nerfed as it had a losing 1v1 match up vs longbow ranger /facepalm.

He was right though.. I dont think anyone is taking my challenge because they wont be able to +1 or take advantage of my situational awareness.

@Erzian.5218 said:

He was right though.. I dont think anyone is taking my challenge because they wont be able to +1 or take advantage of my situational awareness.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Your challenge is a waste of time and completely misses the point on why rev can be oppressive in the current meta.

No rev is going to 1v1 you in ranked, so the matchup is meaningless. Better challenge two revs to fight you and see how long you last. That's more typical.

@Neil.3825 said:Shiro is OP. You can't play rev (close to something meta) without it.Maddog is absolutly right, stop lying plz.

You mean Jalis, Mallyx, Ventari and Kalla are trash? Yes, they are trash (specailly the latest two), so using them makes no sense. You see Shiro everywere because along with Glint (and to some extent, Jalis) is the only working legend.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Crypto.7609 said:Got to love how people ignore the main subject of the topic which is line of sight abusing combo of revs.

As someone else pointed out earlier, guardians have access to the exact same thing, so that's not your only issue with Revs, is it?

And thieves, and weavers, and mesmers.

Blink (from Ele and Mesmer) and Jaunt can't be used through walls and are ground based skills, means no out of los ports directly to the target. At least Rev has a casttime on his port, compared to Guard he cannot precast big bursts even though the follow up from Rev often with Quickness doesn't have a lot of delay. Still have an eye on Rev you can even interrupt the port at start. Rev can't cover port or follow up with stability.

@Ryan.9387 said:

Your challenge is a waste of time and completely misses the point on why rev can be oppressive in the current meta.

No rev is going to 1v1 you in ranked, so the matchup is meaningless. Better challenge two revs to fight you and see how long you last. That's more typical.

Thats the point.Basically its only OP when hes +1 with an ally or takes advantage of the enemy situational awareness. Not exactly OP in my eyes.

But you know what, get your friend and both play rev against me, ill take the challenge but I win if I manage to down atleast one of you ?

@bravan.3876 said:

@Crypto.7609 said:Got to love how people ignore the main subject of the topic which is line of sight abusing combo of revs.

As someone else pointed out earlier, guardians have access to the exact same thing, so that's not your only issue with Revs, is it?

Blink (from Ele and Mesmer) and Jaunt can't be used through walls and are ground based skills, means no out of los ports directly to the target. At least Rev has a casttime on his port, compared to Guard he cannot precast big bursts even though the follow up from Rev often with Quickness doesn't have a lot of delay. Still have an eye on Rev you can even interrupt the port at start. Rev can't cover port or follow up with stability.

Weaver and Ele can still port through walls...Weaver Sword 2 on Air Attunement and Mesmer sword 3 can be cast through walls and used again to port through walls.Symbol of blades can port through walls too and so can judges intervention.Even a necro can port through walls via spectral walk to a sense and flesh wurm.

Scratch that.. read your response completely out of context.Well I added more of what youre sayin.

@bravan.3876 said:

Illusionary ambush can be cast through walls. So can sword 3. Sword 2 on Weaver can also be cast through walls.

There is much going on with power Herald. It is probably the only meta build that is strong in AT and strong teams, but cannot carry a weaker team.

I think reducing the mighty stacking would go a long way. notoriety should not provide might in all game modes.

Another thing, is teleporting through walls. It should not exist for any class under any circumstance. If you do not have line of sight, you should not be able to leap/teleport.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Any skilled Revs here wanna have a showdown against my Elementalist or Necro?

Aaaaanyone at all... Im just a scrub Ele/Nec, I should be an easy challenge for these OP revs but feel like no one is taking it in case they lose and cant say rev is op anymore.

This is meaningless trolling. Builds are not balanced around 1v1, but around a specific role, and POWER HERALD ROLE IS NOT TO SOLO.

@Falan.1839 said:

@Syclantus.4621 said:If you don't mind me asking, what is your elo? While rev does have a bit of excess damage atm, your issue does not seem to be related to game balance. Clearly you are not utilising terrain at all or watching the minimap. Watch when phase traversal is being used and time/bait your own cc.

A double Rev comp even melted thorugh everything in the last mAT on EU, so yeah, git gud doesn't apply here...

I think curbing might to 8-10 stacks for solo generation would go a long way.

@otto.5684 said:There is much going on with power Herald. It is probably the only meta build that is strong in AT and strong teams, but cannot carry a weaker team.

I think reducing the mighty stacking would go a long way. notoriety should not provide might in all game modes.

Another thing, is teleporting through walls. It should not exist for any class under any circumstance. If you do not have line of sight, you should not be able to leap/teleport.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Any skilled Revs here wanna have a showdown against my Elementalist or Necro?

Aaaaanyone at all... Im just a scrub Ele/Nec, I should be an easy challenge for these OP revs but feel like no one is taking it in case they lose and cant say rev is op anymore.

This is meaningless trolling. Builds are not balanced around 1v1, but around a specific role, and POWER HERALD ROLE IS NOT TO SOLO.

Yes my earlier response covered that.Its basically op because it can +1 through a wall and take advantage of situational awareness.

A class that not only needs to outnumber the opponent but also has to abuse enemy players situational awareness.

I wouldn't say thats op and that was the reason for my challenge.. call it trolling but I knew no one was going to accept.

@otto.5684 said:There is much going on with power Herald. It is probably the only meta build that is strong in AT and strong teams, but cannot carry a weaker team.

I think curbing might to 8-10 stacks for solo generation would go a long way.

Biggest offender of LoS is Thief Sword skill 2. If Rev's PT is to be re-nerfed (last time the skill got fixed it was received very negatively) then every other offender needs to be fixed simultaneously

@otto.5684 said:Another thing, is teleporting through walls. It should not exist for any class under any circumstance. If you do not have line of sight, you should not be able to leap/teleport.

Why the f*** are people complaining about this suddenly after 7 years?Thieves and Guardians have always been able to jump through walls but now it's no longer okay because revenant can do it too? And after 4 years of rev as well.I don't agree in the slightest with this blatant attempt at dumbing down the game even further. Just look at your map and get good.

This is the kind of change, that should it happen, people will complain about for the rest of the lifecycle of the game. Like before Portal was nerfed, everyone wanted it nerfed. And now everyone wants the old Portal back. Anet almost never reverts their nerfs, so make sure you actually want this before you ask for it because once it's gone, you ain't getting it back.