WvW Core Swap - Upcoming event

phokus.8934

WvW promotion weeks are a good idea. Wasting resources on stupid gimmicks that no-one wants and puts people off playing is a bad idea.Please give us the bonus week without the gimmicks. It will be far more popular. Use the developer resources on something that people actually want.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"MalinBlume.9314" said:Last straw for me.

Off to better games. Peace out.

Requisite "can I haz your stuff" post.

Er..this seems, odd? For single/smaller groups I guess this will mean something, but for a large squad, I don't see how we are going to take time to grab orbs while we're busy pushing / being pushed. Can't be worse than OP Ruins Control week.

I don't even know what the aim of this is? We already have too much random shit flying around and than this? Where's balance patch? Where's ANYTHING in wvw? Seriously, gimmicks upon gimmicks.

Does this promote more skillful gameplay? Not that i see.

Does this give me a reason to actually play the gamemode? Not really.

Than what's it useful for, if it's not balance patch... Or you know elite spec...

It probably does not address any of the problems mentioned on this sub board, but in ANet's defense, many discussions on this board are balancing issues, which should be discussed in the class-forums. WvW reconstruction takes time, apparently more than we and probably they have expected. So in the meantime, let us just have some fun.

In addition, we will gather a lot of data about your beloved topic "balance." It is only a selected list of core-skills per class, but there will be huge imbalances with this experiment. Sometimes it might be possible to obliterate an enemy with the new skills within a split-second, in other situations we maybe manage to survive against all odds. We can test: what if this class had that skill, would it perform better or worse?

This will supply us and them with a lot of information for future balancing of the classes. We can see how certain "upgrades" would affect our existing builds and how we could develop better builds if we just had one or two features of another class. We can make more realistic suggestions and also complaints about what is wrong, what has to change and what could be a proper solution. They will see which skills perform better and worse. I assume they have selected some of the controversial skills from each profession to get more reliable results. Controversial does not equal OP or weak, it could be questionable purpose or option to change in the future. They will also collect a lot of data about how our traits and builds will affect certain skills, how much certain aspects of a class can be boosted.

There is a lot of potential in this event. It will probably be very chaotic, unfair and maybe ruin the ranking during the event. But it is a chance for you, to contribute your part of improving the game in the future.

Please participate in the event.

I think the more we departure away from the core gameplay, it will further disrupt the flow of things especially with those who want to learn their class and skills. If this kind of gimmick event that messes with class skills happens more often, I can only imagine how much lesser people will know or be confused when things change too often. A core week would have been enough, and it's not adding anything "unnatural" on top. This is a different story however and that is why I don't quite agree to this kind of "shakeup" in skills as an event. The dial is always turned maximum the wrong way for some reason. Whatever happened to past suggestions for events that everyone in here wrote? Not considered at all? The feeling I get from this event is like it got memed from when people said to give invul/stealth/blocks to everyone.

Doesn't matter what any of the negatve people say about this. For a week the mode will have queues on every map, or at least for a couple of days. I rather that than it being completely abandoned as usual. Even I might play it again for a bit. But I think it's high time for me to just stop giving a heck what anybody on the forums says. That's a recipe for depression and lord knows I got enough of that on my own.

Only legit concern with this event is "addtional powercreep" because it do be like that mayhaps.

@"Blocki.4931" said:Doesn't matter what any of the negatve people say about this.

okay pretty bias but w/e..

Only legit concern with this event is "addtional powercreep" because it do be like that mayhaps.

Uh... you just added more negativity... LOLPowercreep does leave a "negative" effect on the game. LOL sounds like the rest of "complainers" xD

So I'm usually pretty chill with stuff like this... But the constant lack of a real focus here is honestly annoying. This is a prime example of why I made this post https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73195/what-are-your-top-5-problems-with-wvw/p1 (well before any of this) so that practically useless crap like this doesn't get in the way of the things that really matter.

It's the thought that should count when actually being thoughtful... However, this just looks like a distraction from the real issues if I'm being honest.

• You know what it feels like honestly? Like someone getting me or whoever else a banana ? for Christmas; as opposed to something I actually wanted (within reason of course). Then them or another person being like "Well at least you got a gift!" ?... Which was doesn't change the fact that it was done so thoughtless and carelessly... That it get's near to the point of coming across as offensive.

I would have more "fun" knowing they were putting effort into stuff that mattered than focusing on things that do not. Even a "No Rally Event" would have been better IMO... because at least we would have had a better time actually learning useful information from it. That's all I'm gonna say.

:-1: