Thank you for recharging teleport to friend!

Most people, myself included, are quick to say what they don’t like or want additionally, etc. and I know I didn’t think much of this item at first because of how I’d used single-use TPS in the past. But I changed my mind and bought it and it is an amazing QoL item for me! =) I use it for a variety of things, including last night joining a bounty that I wouldn’t have been able to get to on time with <3

And thank you for mounts! =) I haven’t gotten the flying mounts yet but am working toward them and got my beetle last night and all the mounts continue to delight me with how fun they are to use to explore Tyria and their idle animations that give them character! :3 <3

@ParadoX.3124 said:Don't you think 1 hour recharge is a bit too much ?I would definitely have brought it if it was 15-20 mins

I did think so at first and there have been occasions when I would have liked to use it again on a character before it’s recharged, but less often than I had thought. I use it to get somewhere really needed —a dungeon I wanted to play with guildies only to realize I’d not visited that map on this alt, a bounty I need for achievement or daily, etc. As I continue playing on that character, the recharge is usually gone before I wish to use it again. Sure, there are times I might like to port more often, but less frequently than I’d thought (I just don’t expect to join a train on a map I have no WPs on with it, which I occasionally did with the instants and would use five or so in the course of an hour). Maybe with a 15 min CD too many things would be too easy? In any case, I’m very happy I bought it. :)

@Excursion.9752 said:

@ParadoX.3124 said:Don't you think 1 hour recharge is a bit too much ?I would definitely have brought it if it was 15-20 minsI do. 5 to 10 min almost seems to much for me. No way will I ever spend gems on something that has a recharge time that long..

If you have stacks of instant teleports then no, there is no reason to buy the rechargeable, but I only ever had a dozen or so. The only times I have wished to use teleports that frequently on a character was traversing a map I didn’t have open to do bounties or keeping up with a HoT HP train back when I had fewer masteries (and no mount!) and would get lost and/or killed in the jungle! I suppose if there was almost no CD then you wouldn’t need to even try to travel at all but just teleport to the next bounty, HP or whatever, so long as you were in a group willing to do the legwork for you. Or in what other situations would you want to teleport that often?

@Crystal Black.8190 said:Didn't it have any recharge first and people used it to cheat out map explorations? I think their fix by adding a recharge went a bit over the top. A 10 min recharge would probably have been enough to discourage such abuse.

It did, but I think that you didn’t have to be logged on the character (it was one hour real time rather than game time on character). The exploit that I heard of had nothing to do with the recharge but with creating new characters and then teleporting to Bloodstone Fen to do map completion for a chance at a BLC key and was fixed another way (level <80 can no longer teleport there? don’t remember).

@VDAC.2137 said:

@ParadoX.3124 said:Don't you think 1 hour recharge is a bit too much ?I would definitely have brought it if it was 15-20 minsI do. 5 to 10 min almost seems to much for me. No way will I ever spend gems on something that has a recharge time that long..

If you have stacks of instant teleports then no, there is no reason to buy the rechargeable, but I only ever had a dozen or so. The only times I have wished to use teleports that frequently on a character was traversing a map I didn’t have open to do bounties or keeping up with a HoT HP train back when I had fewer masteries (and no mount!) and would get lost and/or killed in the jungle! I suppose if there was almost no CD then you wouldn’t need to even try to travel at all but just teleport to the next bounty, HP or whatever, so long as you were in a group willing to do the legwork for you. Or in what other situations would you want to teleport that often?

For me its not about needing to teleport that often its about getting what you pay for. I am a person that does not exchange gold for gems so anything I spend comes from my pocket. So If I personally am going to throw my money away on a digital item it has to be worth it.

Even though I would not use it that often the functionality still needs to be better. At this point in a game this old I have no problem people jumping around wherever because you will need someone else to help walk you through it. If you are willing to pay for a premium service such as this tool who am I to judge how you use it.

We have obviously heard the community cries for no time gates and that my friend is what is on that tool a time gate.

I bought one. If the cool down ticked while logged out of the character I'd like it more. It isn't much of a teleport to friend when I use it close to the end of a play session, log in the next day and still have to wait say 30 minutes for it to recharge. It's a wait to teleport to friend in that case. :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:but couldn't players use the single-use Teleport to a Friends that they acquire when faced with needing a teleport during cooldown?

The OP doesn't have that many. Newer players, those with fewer characters... for them, it's a nonrenewable resource, making the Recharging variety more attractive.

@"kratan.4619" said:No friends, have about 300 of the single use ones taking up bank spaceTechnically, it's a "teleport to whoever is (a) online and (b) in your squad or party;" it need not be an actual friend.

Given that my stash of single-use T2Fs keeps growing (supply outstripping my demand), I won't be buying this.However, despite that, if the recharge time was 10 minutes, I would reconsider. With a 60-minute delay that only ticks down while on a character, it's a paperweight for me.

@phs.6089 said:It's a cool gadget. I only wish they have introduce another one 'Summon a Friend' so I can help out a friend that run out of TPs and doesn't have the rechargeable one yet.

@Josiah.2967 said:I would buy another one that teleport a friend or someone in the party to me. If they accept it can be on a separate cool down.

That would be great! =) Also could come in handy when requesting help!

• 9 months later...