this game is literally unplayable

The stampede events cycle around hoelbrack, clockwise.Every 15 minutes on the clockBut we're a quarter fast.:00 is east, :15 is south, :30 is west, and :45 is north.

How am I supposed to play with such a blatant oversight, literally unplayable

:sunglasses:

(1) Be glad you don't live in India, which is 30 minutes different from most of the world.

(2) don't be so Northern Hemisphere centric (or traditional clock centric): it's entirely arbitrary to have maps with "North" on top (at least instead of South; not using E|W is less arbitrary). It's definitely arbitrary that clocks have the 12 pointing away|up rather than to the right or the left. And "clockwise" is arbitrary too.(Fortunately, for dyslexics like me, it's hard to tell the difference between clockwise and counterclockwise.)

(3) alternatively, just turn your phone sideways so that the digital time piece points ... oh, wait, that really won't work

More, um, seriously: well played.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:(1) Be glad you don't live in India, which is 30 minutes different from most of the world.

(2) don't be so Northern Hemisphere centric (or traditional clock centric): it's entirely arbitrary to have maps with "North" on top (at least instead of South; not using E|W is less arbitrary). It's definitely arbitrary that clocks have the 12 pointing away|up rather than to the right or the left. And "clockwise" is arbitrary too.(Fortunately, for dyslexics like me, it's hard to tell the difference between clockwise and counterclockwise.)

(3) alternatively, just turn your phone sideways so that the digital time piece points ... oh, wait, that really won't work

More, um, seriously: well played.

apologies, I didn't mean sound southern-hemispherophobic. In fact, some of my friends live upside down.But as for india, if they're half an hour off, doesn't make them a quarter slow, just like the west is a quarter fast?

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:(2) don't be so Northern Hemisphere centric (or traditional clock centric): it's entirely arbitrary to have maps with "North" on top (at least instead of South; not using E|W is less arbitrary).

Many medieval maps had east at the top, since that's the direction the Sun rises from (hence the phrase "orienting a map", i.e. pointing it towards the east). Perhaps in Tyria they do the same thing, and the minimap we see in-game is rotated relative to the way they would orient it? Although I don't remember them having the design of clocks we have...

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:Many medieval maps had east at the top, since that's the direction the Sun rises from (hence the phrase "orienting a map", i.e. pointing it towards the east).This is new to me. Interesting; thanks for the RL lore :)

Perhaps in Tyria they do the same thing,The maps we see tend to be (ahem) oriented with North on top. Although I'm sure we can attribute that to no one at ANet considering any other possibilities rather than it having an origin in the lore developed ahead of the design. (Just as they haven't worried about the length of day changing throughout the year or depending on one's location relative to the planet's equator Then again, the same plant can drop both vanilla beans and garlic and mint and thyme, so I try not to worry too much about RL science.)

Map of Lake Doric (from the game)

! nNUqFNm.jpgMy New Kryan is terrible. What I can see is the title at the 'top' spelling out "Lake Doric," so that's one map with north on top. I can't make the letters on the compass rose in the top-left corner

the design of clocks! FuF7pFm.jpg

I didn't even think about this, but now you've said it I can see how it would bother some people (including some who hadn't thought about it before). So...good job I guess?

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:(2) don't be so Northern Hemisphere centric (or traditional clock centric): it's entirely arbitrary to have maps with "North" on top (at least instead of South; not using E|W is less arbitrary).

Many medieval maps had east at the top, since that's the direction the Sun rises from (hence the phrase "orienting a map", i.e. pointing it towards the east). Perhaps in Tyria they do the same thing, and the minimap we see in-game is rotated relative to the way they would orient it? Although I don't remember them having the design of clocks we have...

I never thought about that. I'd heard about Medieval maps having east at the top, but never thought about the relation between the fast east being called the Orient and the terms orienting and orienteering.