Holograph weapons

@Calvsie.3675 said:I feel like I'm missing something.Everyone seems to be going gaga over the holographic weapon skins and I just don't see it.Can someone explain the appeal of these weapon skins?sucks a jorbreaker

Well for me, I wanted a few of them for my Engineer because...well..holos. The Rifle in particular is quite a nice skin. Not sure what I'll take next, but likely Sword or Shield.

Gaga? I dunno, I think most pre-cursors are downright ugly. But it isn't like this meta achievement is making me do anything I wouldn't already be doing. I kind of like earning 20g for about 15-20mins of fun.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:How does someone explain aesthetics? They're subjective. If you don't like the skins, having someone explain why they do isn't likely to change your opinion.

What don't you find appealing about them, is just as relevant a question.

That is a good question.I think its the lack of a solid projector base. where as the holosmith's sword is like a light saber these are holograms with no visible source and that bugs me. also, I'm not a fan of see through weapons in general.

@Calvsie.3675 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:How does someone explain aesthetics? They're subjective. If you don't like the skins, having someone explain why they do isn't likely to change your opinion.

That is a good question.I think its the lack of a solid projector base. where as the holosmith's sword is like a light saber these are holograms with no visible source and that bugs me. also, I'm not a fan of see through weapons in general.

So, the Holosmith sword also wouldn't be considered a holo weapon. It's a lightsaber. The Holosmith weapon set, while in emitter mode, though, don't really have a source, they just are. I haven't actually seen these weapons yet. I'm hoping the shield looks good, since I'm making a sword shield smith and would like to try that instead of the crystal shield from achievement scores. If not, then possibly a set for my Scarlet knockoff.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

So, the Holosmith sword also wouldn't be considered a holo weapon. It's a lightsaber. The Holosmith weapon set, while in emitter mode, though, don't really have a source, they just are. I haven't actually seen these weapons yet. I'm hoping the shield looks good, since I'm making a sword shield smith and would like to try that instead of the crystal shield from achievement scores. If not, then possibly a set for my Scarlet knockoff.

They are just holographic versions of Gen 1 precursors:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Holographic_Chosen

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Ashen.2907" said:Except that "sparkly ghostly" is one way that holograms can appear.

Not really. Holograms don't sparkle like gems. Also, we have holographic content in this game already to compare with, and they have nothing in common.

So you are saying that a hologram cant be made to sparkle?

@lisica.6583 said:I like that there is a choice of 5x Jorbreaker for those of us that are not a big fan of the weapon skins.

And at the start of the vent, when Jorbreakers were selling for lots of gold, that might have been an option. But given you can only get 3 of these chests per year...meh, gold I can get any time. Rather unlock as many skins as I can :)