Please Enable Waypointing to Guildhall Upon Open World Death - Why Else Cost 11K Gold?

When guild halls were first granted, we could teleport/waypoint to them upon death from practically anywhere (except instances), repair, take a breath, recover supplies, then continue where we left off. Now we have to WP back to wherever is nearest, and crawl back to where we were.With the crazy cost of guild halls in time and resources, at least let us do this from Open World, if nowhere else.Ideally, would be great from anywhere else, as well.Do you agree?

Well assuming OP is correct, then ANET changed it for a reason.

If I had to guess, the one penalty we have in this game for being defeated in OW is having to waypoint back to revive, and then walk/ride back to our previous position. If you could just port to your guild hall, revive, then leave the hall and emerge at exactly the same spot you were at before, then there is little to penalty for being defeated.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You could travel to Guild Halls when defeated? I wasn't aware that was ever possible.

Yes, we used to be able to.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Well assuming OP is correct, then ANET changed it for a reason.

If I had to guess, the one penalty we have in this game for being defeated in OW is having to waypoint back to revive, and then walk/ride back to our previous position. If you could just port to your guild hall, revive, then leave the hall and emerge at exactly the same spot you were at before, then there is little to penalty for being defeated.

Yes, people abused it by heading to GH when defeated and returning to the map. In some cases, it allowed "death rushing" to complete hero challenges or events (where you die, return quickly, and repeat, without regard for strategy).

I'm not sure why they thought it was a serious enough issue to patch, as they didn't share the details of their thinking; they just changed it about as quickly as it became "well known."

(Side note: for a while, you could use Sunspear Sancturary the same way.)

With the crazy cost of guild halls in time and resources100g isn't that crazy.All the other resources go into features that will be available to all guild members for the lifetime of the game. In that context, it's cheap at twice the price.

Regardless, ANet considered it an issue; their goal wasn't to remove a feature, it was to protect the game.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm not sure why they thought it was a serious enough issue to patch, as they didn't share the details of their thinking; they just changed it about as quickly as it became "well known."

If it is left in place then the Revive Orb is simply worse and cost more.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm not sure why they thought it was a serious enough issue to patch, as they didn't share the details of their thinking; they just changed it about as quickly as it became "well known."

If it is left in place then the Revive Orb is simply worse and cost more.

Good point.

I am actually fine with how it is atm since it can't be used to exploit in game. And honestly, waypointing is pretty cheap? (its only a few copper or silver). Its not bad to have a gold sink in game anyways and waypointing is one. Next to that we have revive orbs and other players can res you as well.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Well assuming OP is correct, then ANET changed it for a reason.

I'm more annoyed that you can't loot when downed and that making your way back is sometimes not fast enough before the loot disappears. At least in WvW.

@Asumir.1978 said:When guild halls were first granted, we could teleport/waypoint to them upon death from practically anywhere (except instances), repair, take a breath, recover supplies, then continue where we left off. Now we have to WP back to wherever is nearest, and crawl back to where we were.

Death is being punished, and rightfully so. (None of the vote options fit.) I don't see any benefit in wasting time to travel to the GH upon each death.

I mean, if Guild halls dumped you at the nearest WP, Lions Arch or the GH exit in Auric Basin/Domain of Vabbi/Verdant Brink when you exit... I could agree this would be cool. But it would be a bit silly for Anet to add a way to enter a GH, respawn for free, then get back into the fight 5 seconds later. It would make death meaningless.